Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK, well I'd been sifting through these threads for months. I've been struggling with cysts and nodules since I started puberty!!! (but it had never been this bad). Im a 22yr old female. I would normally get a cyst or nodule every so often but started getting up to 5 on my face at a time which was constant for over a year now. i was totally beside my self and was desperate to get rid of these things on my face! I tried BP, chinese medicine dermatologists lotions and face washes which worked (just like everything else) for a while but the spots always returned. Went to my (unsympathetic) GP who brushed me off with lotions and antibiotics. This was when my face got WORSE and it wouldnt calm down, ever!

This is when I found this website and started reading up...

This is what has worked wonders on me!!!

I had the contreseptive implant (evil thing) taken out. I wash my face with any face/hand wash that has lychee as an ingredient. i have quite oily skin so no need for moisteriser here!

Now...here's where it gets interesting...thanks to this website, i came across using ibuprofen on my face as a topical. i use the ibuprofen gel over my spot-prone areas twice a day You can get ibuprofen gel from any pharmacy, supermarket or online. It really really worked, for me anyway. Im not TOTALLY clear yet but hey, im not lumpy or bumpy any more! this stuff takes down the swelling and takes away the pain. this makes you kind of forget that its there so lowers stress levels.

Once your face starts clearing, it stops future annoyances from starting up altogether and that is why i find my self so happy, when i realise that that was going to be a huge, horrible spot but it just shrivles up and dies, lol.

If a cyst ever came to a head, i would pop it, (yuck, i know) ice it and apply some Hydro cortisone cream (insect bite and sting relief cream) then put on the ibuprofen and by morning, it was just a red mark.

So, long, long, long story short.....IBUPROFEN GEL IS AMAZING!!!

Hope this helps someone

x

hey thanks a lot for sharing ur experinece about the ibuprofen gel..

i have a pain killer called advil gel which contains mostly ibuprofen..then when i see a red mark or a pimple on my face,can i apply it on my face after poping it?? does it help reducing the redness?

after popping, ice for 30 secs, then yeh, the gel is great, but imroves the size more than the redness. But the good thing is, it also acts as a layer between your skin and any cover-up you want to put on it for redness. My skin is very tempermentel with this kind of make up but the gel keeps it from actually touching my skin which is a bonus!

Funnilly enough though, i think it helps with the longterm redness that can be left from these spots.

Hope this helps

x

Thanks so much for your advice - I'm running out to get the gel NOW! I am at that desperate stage of the struggle where I feel awful for caring so much and letting my skin ruin my mood, but incapable of moving past the superficial layer (pun intended).

I will respond with the results!

I tried ibuprofen gel as a spot treatment back when temp123 originally posted the idea and it didn't work for me at all - don't know why.

Didn't make things worse and the spots were arguably less painful - but not markedly so. I was using the 5% one and everything. I didn't try combining it with tea tree or anything tho - which is what temp123 does now.