Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there my fellow acne sufferers!

As most of you guys and girls, I am tired of using products over certain period of time and not seeing any kind of results. So now, this is what I am doing, I am trying to give my face some rest from medicated products and all that hassle, so this is as simple as I could make it:

-Morning:

Wash face with water and Neutrogena's Oil Control Acne Wash

Biore's Moisture Lotion with SPF 15

3 pills of Collagen+C Type 1&3

1 pill of Nature's Made Acidophilus

-Night

Wash face with water and Neutrogena's Oil Control Acne Wash

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque

Biore's Hard Day's Night Overnight Moisturizer

3 pills of Collagen+C Type 1&3

1 pill of Nature's Made Acidophilus

1 Vitamin E softgel

So that's what I am currently doing, and I am hoping it works :)

BTW, I do not use BP because I am allergic to it...

i break out like crazy... it is not that i am getting used to it, but after a LONG time of using BP, i realized that it was doing nothing, except worsening my acne and literally burning my face... horrible experiences...

i break out like crazy... it is not that i am getting used to it, but after a LONG time of using BP, i realized that it was doing nothing, except worsening my acne and literally burning my face... horrible experiences...

awwww

u can try salicylic acid as an alternative to BP

SA delivers much deeper than AHA

But I assume ur condition is just a slight one

u look gorgeous in the pic

sounds like a very simple and gentle routine.

make sure you are very gentle on your skin so you dont aggrevate your acne.

and yes you look beautiful in your picture

So I heard that consumption of collagen doesn't work, in that I suppose in my case with atrophic scars where there is a lack of collagen, my body/skin doesn't know to utilize the collagen from digestion to specified areas.

I'm asking you, do you state otherwise? I guess if it's cheap it doesn't hurt right? I heard if anything (for my case I only really would be concerned with skin) your nails and hair will have beneficial results? Anyhow, If I do Fraxel re:store I might see what I can benefit from by taking collagen supplements being that my skin post Fraxel would be inflamed and I'm guessing might aid in actually looking for collagen synthesis. I figure if there's anytime when my skin or body would be wanting supplements/materials from my body to create collagen, an inflamed red face would be a good place.

^Collagen is manufactured by the body in place. It does no good to supplement it. Instead eat/supplement the nutrients used to make collagen, like C.

That makes more sense to me, to help the synthesis of your own production. I really don't know how it works though. I heard even topical collagen products don't really work either.

I heard (Lol everything is "I heard..") alpha lipoic acid aids in collagen production? Idk, yeah vitamin c and vitamin a I think.

thanks for replying, but i am not on that routine anymore.... it is kind of sad, but my acne condition is just like a roller coster. after i was taking supplements, my face cleared up 90% and i was really happy. it stayed like that for a few days, but you should see my face now... terrible.... i need hope :'(