Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
permanentdaylight

what does acne stop you from doing?

so i am always so hesitant to go swimming which i LOVE because my coverup will all come off and everyone will see my true hideousness!!! ahhhhh.... and now i am moving to australia for a semester!!! of course i will still hit up the beach and go snorkeling, surfing, etc. but i hate how i feel like crap when i do the things i love beacuse i dont want people to have to see my skin.

also another big one is CAMPING!!! i love camping and it sucks soo bad when i am used to covering up my skin daily with makeup. i pray to god that the campsite i go to has bathrooms so i can wake up early and apply shit before everyone else gets up and makes fun of me for wearing makeup while camping!!!!

and i am going on a week-long school trip in australia to the outback..... thats right... CAMPING AGAIN. who knows what i will do, that will be horrible in the acne department!

It's stopped me from going to do everyday tasks like school. Felt nervous about going to the grocery store. Clouded my head with doubt and joined forces with other insecurities in my past. I think I'm through with that. Now I try to live without any stress and enjoy what I like to do.

acne stops me from going to school, flirting with girls, going outside at all, having a life, getting a job, and hanging out with friends....... acne fucks up my life! But luckily it's almost over....just got a few brown spots to deal with which isn't all that of a big problem for me.....but yeah acne bring's ones life down completely

All of the above at times. What sucks is that, in the last couple years that things have been getting better for me, it's still true that no matter how many days in a row I go being able to go out and do stuff, all it takes is one bout of picking at my skin to bring me right back to square one...

so i am always so hesitant to go swimming which i LOVE because my coverup will all come off and everyone will see my true hideousness!!! ahhhhh.... and now i am moving to australia for a semester!!! of course i will still hit up the beach and go snorkeling, surfing, etc. but i hate how i feel like crap when i do the things i love beacuse i dont want people to have to see my skin.

also another big one is CAMPING!!! i love camping and it sucks soo bad when i am used to covering up my skin daily with makeup. i pray to god that the campsite i go to has bathrooms so i can wake up early and apply shit before everyone else gets up and makes fun of me for wearing makeup while camping!!!!

and i am going on a week-long school trip in australia to the outback..... thats right... CAMPING AGAIN. who knows what i will do, that will be horrible in the acne department!

you might find that being in australia might help your skin.

i know your not supposed to expose your skin to sunlight for a long time.

but i think if you use a good moisturizer it should be ok.

it might help!

It's stopped me from going to do everyday tasks like school. Felt nervous about going to the grocery store. Clouded my head with doubt and joined forces with other insecurities in my past. I think I'm through with that. Now I try to live without any stress and enjoy what I like to do.

i'm surprised you didn't say this but acne doesn't stop me from doing anything, i stop myself from doing a lot of things but acne itself isn't holding me prisoner or forcing its ways on me.

It has before and I was at my weakest. I take small steps to break out of it though, and I think I'm doing a decent job. I'm glad it doesn't hold you prisoner.

It also stops me from going swimming ubt the most important thing it stops me from doing is talking to girls.

I'm glad it doesn't hold you prisoner.

i mean in reality it does, i have acne and it affects the way i think and live; however, i'm self concious that I could be living a way more decent life if i didn't care so much about the way i look, i'm just not strong minded like that.

i quoted you because your comments are most of the times very useful and on the dot.

It has before and I was at my weakest. I take small steps to break out of it though, and I think I'm doing a decent job. I'm glad it doesn't hold you prisoner.

I recently looked at your pictures and acne doesn't seem to be severe and you are a good looking guy. Yet in all your posts you act like its the end of the world. Not to sound rude, but I think you need to get on with your life as you are clearly a normal looking individual.

@Shallow: Thanks. I think it's possible to be strong minded. Takes a lot of time, but it can be done. I still try.

@Do Something: Thanks, it used to be. Forehead used to be covered in whiteheads. Used to even get small cysts near my T zone. Those were horrible to deal with. Don't worry about sounding rude, write what you want to say and don't hold back. Recently, I've tried to share how bleak my outlook on life was. It creeps back at certain times, but most members on here want to know someone can relate. Revealing the apathetic and pitiful attitude I had about my acne helps with my own personal healing too. Kind of hard to pick up and leave because I want to be here with others who have gone through the same problems that I have.

@Shallow: Thanks. I think it's possible to be strong minded. Takes a lot of time, but it can be done. I still try.

@Do Something: Thanks, it used to be. Forehead used to be covered in whiteheads. Used to even get small cysts near my T zone. Those were horrible to deal with. Don't worry about sounding rude, write what you want to say and don't hold back. Recently, I've tried to share how bleak my outlook on life was. It creeps back at certain times, but most members on here want to know someone can relate. Revealing the apathetic and pitiful attitude I had about my acne helps with my own personal healing too. Kind of hard to pick up and leave because I want to be here with others who have gone through the same problems that I have.

I apologize, your doing a good thing.

Stand-up comedy. I always felt I had a knack for it, but those harsh lightnings they put right into your face in the clubs for everyone to see, yikes. If I had no acne, I am 100% positive I would have done a few stand-up gigs already at this point in my life. Just in case your curious my favorite stand-up comedians include: Bill Hicks, David Cross, Zack Galafiniakis (not going to bother spelling his name right), Demetri Martin, and of course George Carlin. Their approach to comedy is definitely not comparable to each other, but, with the exception of Martin, they all have that blatant cynicism about society that I love to hear about. But yea, stand-up comedy would have been it.

Stand-up comedy. I always felt I had a knack for it, but those harsh lightnings they put right into your face in the clubs for everyone to see, yikes. If I had no acne, I am 100% positive I would have done a few stand-up gigs already at this point in my life. Just in case your curious my favorite stand-up comedians include: Bill Hicks, David Cross, Zack Galafiniakis (not going to bother spelling his name right), Demetri Martin, and of course George Carlin. Their approach to comedy is definitely not comparable to each other, but, with the exception of Martin, they all have that blatant cynicism about society that I love to hear about. But yea, stand-up comedy would have been it.

I think Demetri Martin is great too!

I'd think that stand-up comedy wouldn't effected by acne? If anything, it provides you with material to use as jokes. I went to a show and one of the guys started off with, "I always thought that a black and italian mix would be great. You have the strong features of a black person with the beauty of an italian. Well... I'm the result of that mixture and I'll be damned if I'm anything pretty. Look at me! I'm so hairy... people think I'm a terrorist!"

Everyone has a gig... yours could be acne.

The general normal everyday things like just going college. I've missed many days due to feeling crappy because of my skin. Not to mention I would love to go swimming and basically anything that involves being make-up free..if that makes sense.

I hate just going outside during the day, ugh.

It has killed my self esteem. No dating ever, no friends, and no job. That last thing is what I've been focusing on nowadays. You can live a lonely life but you can't go very far without money! I try to convince myself that they don't care what you look like. But since I get so nervous, I blow the interviews anyway!

I remember when my acne was still kinda bad, I would just not look at myself in the mirror to avoid a tank in self-esteem. Maybe if I didn't see how bad it was myself, I would forget about it. And it actually worked.

The totally hampers my confidence! I hate it.

But, at times I can really just say oh f*ck it.. people don't know me and all I can do is smile big!

I agree. There are times when I'm like, I want to hide. And other times I'm like...whatever!!!

I stopped dancing which was the worst since dancing with make-up was disgusting. I only practice by myself in my apartment for now until my face heals. It's sad though. By letting acne prevent you from doing things makes you regret later on in life. You lose so many chances to do great things. Sighs

Meeting new people. I just cant stand the fact of a stranger judging my face as I try to muster up the courage to open up and have a decent conversation with them.

Going out in sun light or in bright lights. While I was in Singapore staying at my hotel. I got hungry, my acne, and red marks was bad that time. I ran outside the hotel and went to a gas station, and looked down the whole time while buying things. Then, a cute girl HAD to be working at the only register open. When I paid I was looking down so much, she probably thought I was weird. I ended up buying cereal, milk, and chips because I was so nervous. I didn't even get a proper meal that day before my two am flight. I remember that experience like yesterday and I would never want to experience it again. Red marks and acne suck!

acne keeps me from going out and i hate it.once i stayed home for 2 weeks cause my face was so bad and i only went out once to get something i needed.i hate acne why cant they find a cure for it?

I skipped school once in a while, dd't show up to our highschool reunion, got out of the rock band i was in, became less talkative (i was very talkatve before), never go out except going to school, and the worst part is ~~~~ Not being able to have an eye contact w./ anyone

I skipped school once in a while, dd't show up to our highschool reunion, got out of the rock band i was in, became less talkative (i was very talkatve before), never go out except going to school, and the worst part is ~~~~ Not being able to have an eye contact w./ anyone