Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just started using the Acne Complex Kit and they really do mean it when they talk about "purging". This is officially my second week of using the product and I have at least 10 new whiteheads all over my face even one on my neck. It's definitely been extremely tough on my self-esteem. All i can do is just be consistent with the product. I also made the mistake of using the treatment gel twice a day at first so by rushing the product, my face didn't have time to adjust to it and it reacted quite badly. I don't want to give up on the kit because this is honestly my last hope of treating my acne/scars. I've tried using Proactiv at least three separate times and i have extremely sensitive skin so the benzoyl peroxide caused myself to scratch my face while i was asleep (I know it sounds unbelievable but its true) and now i can tell by the way my face looks now that i am still suffering from that. Can anyone relate to what I'm going through with this Murad Acne Complex Kit and at least give me a bit of hope?

yeah i also have murad too.. and also this is my 2nd week into using it. my face did get bad too, but try it for a month and ill also do it too if that dont work. then CRAP! ahaha. i have pics on my post under severe acne.

I tried Murad for months to see if the "purging" period would ever end. It never did. It made my acne so much worse that I avoid cameras at all costs.

Stop using Murad. Research more reviews, if you want to. When I did, I found that about 90% of the people that tried Murad had adverseeffects.

I beg you to stop using it. It'll only make your acne 10 times worse than it was when you started their treatment

I've attached pictures of my face before and after Murad. It's obvious which is which. :wall:

post-95510-1234003183_thumb.jpg

post-95510-1234003195_thumb.jpg

post-95510-1234003183_thumb.jpg

post-95510-1234003195_thumb.jpg

I tried murad for about three months and it didn't work for me either. I mean, it didn't make me break out more or anything, but it didn't help my pimples either. I don't think you should be using murad because I've read nothing but bad reviews on it.

I tried Murad for months to see if the "purging" period would ever end. It never did. It made my acne so much worse that I avoid cameras at all costs.

Stop using Murad. Research more reviews, if you want to. When I did, I found that about 90% of the people that tried Murad had adverseeffects.

I beg you to stop using it. It'll only make your acne 10 times worse than it was when you started their treatment

I've attached pictures of my face before and after Murad. It's obvious which is which. :wall:

Shit your skin looked so so much better before,fuck what do they have in it?

omg. no wayyy. thats just like my skin. i dont know what to do..it hasnt been a full four weeks yet. so maybe i should just keep using it for another week and if i dont see results then im going to refund my money back.

seriously before i started using murad my face looked wayy better then it does now. but once im off murad, what did i do? what should i use? i was using neutrogena but the face wash just made my skin super tight, proactiv cleared it up but my skin was super dry and flaky and it made it rough and irritated. I guess the only thing that really helped a bit was using natural products..you think i should do that?

Shit your skin looked so so much better before,fuck what do they have in it?

I don't know. It's like they paid off the FDA.

omg. no wayyy. thats just like my skin. i dont know what to do..it hasnt been a full four weeks yet. so maybe i should just keep using it for another week and if i dont see results then im going to refund my money back.

seriously before i started using murad my face looked wayy better then it does now. but once im off murad, what did i do? what should i use? i was using neutrogena but the face wash just made my skin super tight, proactiv cleared it up but my skin was super dry and flaky and it made it rough and irritated. I guess the only thing that really helped a bit was using natural products..you think i should do that?

I really wouldn't recommend continued use of it. But then again, there are people who say it worked for them.

If you get to the 4-week mark and decide to stop using it, I'd switch to something really, really gentle so your skin can repair itself. Right now, I'm using an off-brand of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I started using it about 4-5 days ago and I'm already getting way less pimples. I used to wake up with about 5 every morning and that's down to one.

I'm going to continue using it for another week or so before I start adding the benzoyl peroxide like the Acne.org Regimen says to.

If Murad made your skin worse, like mine, I think that means you have sensitive skin. I know I do. So a gentle cleansing routine would be the best option. I'd add in the benzoyl peroxide once you feel your skin is up to it.

LOL, that stuff has been around for years I tried it about 4 years ago, its nothing new but they market it like its some sort of new miracle cure, which it certainly isn't.

"acne free in 30 days" lol, yes and I'm the pope.

myuhpapya and purple ninja.. id like to ask you this: Did you follow the directions on application bit by bit? or did you just use one and not use the other?

Im just curious, thanks for your reviews and for what its worth you are hot purple ninja with or without acne

Uhm, stop using this stuff. I tried this out 2 years ago. I went from having minor, occasional acne on my forehead to severe cysts on my cheeks, jaws, and nose after using this product.

I followed every direction to a tee.

Uhm, stop using this stuff. I tried this out 2 years ago. I went from having minor, occasional acne on my forehead to severe cysts on my cheeks, jaws, and nose after using this product.

Thanks peytah for your opinion, yeah i just had to ask someone because i just recently saw that murad commercial.. pisses me off because the people on there are holding up pictures of their face and now they have perfect skin.. while 90% of the people that used it had horrible results like yourself.

how do they do it?

Thanks peytah for your opinion, yeah i just had to ask someone because i just recently saw that murad commercial.. pisses me off because the people on there are holding up pictures of their face and now they have perfect skin.. while 90% of the people that used it had horrible results like yourself.

how do they do it?

WORSE thing to ever try. Please don't use Murad. It made my face even worse, and I'm still recovering from it. It made me have so many huge cyst like pimples too, in places I've never even gotten zits and I used to have light-mild acne. :naughty:

Yes stop before you begin. My skin used to be clear. Just some on my forehead NEVER on my cheeks

This made me break out in cyst on my cheek after 1 month of usage. It ruined my skin and made me grow hair on my cheeks which causes more breakout. It changed my skin.

Hopefully it will heal.

BUT GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS. Scarring from acne on the cheek is the worst then ever. =[

Gosh, I can't believe all these bad expieriences people have had with Murad. I've been using it twice a day for almost 3 months and my skin has done a complete turnaround. I guess I just got blessed because most of the reviews on this site are negative for it but it's the only thing that worked for me!!

I followed the kit just as it said and after 3 months of using it, i'm still breaking out!

I'm completely fed up because i had occasional breakouts and now i'm breaking out every day.

Done with Murad!

I got this after trying Proactive for my occasional breakouts (which didn't work by the way). This crap made my skin sooo much worse. I went from having a few pimples to having full blown acne with HUGE cysts. I can't lie though, some days I would wake up and my skin would look a little clearer and brighter but the next day, another huge pimple (or a few) would be brewing under the surface. I tried this for 3 months hoping it would get better and it never did. Plus it's so damned expensive for such little tubes. It seems like my skin is NEVER going to get back to normal. Also, if you look closely at the before and after photos, the afters look way better but you can tell that someone did a very poor retouching job or they are wearing tons of makeup. You can still make out faint dark spots on the pics.

My skin also got alot worse using Murad. Now as I type this I am repairing the damage that it did. I have massive bumps on my chin that are scabbing. No more "purging" process for me! That is it! So I have ordered Dan's regimen and we will see if that works. Unlike Murad, Dan's regimen seems to have nothing but good reviews!

hi i'm new here! but i came across this thread and i can't believe i wasted money on murad products. the only thing that worked for me was the body acne spray but other than that, my mom has been freaking out and making me feel miserable about the two huge cyst things on my nose and tiny little breakouts above my lips. now i have all these dark scars and i don't know what to do!

My aunt bought me the murad kit actually like 4 christmas' ago when I barely even had started to get the signs of acne. I didn't like the gel or lotion, I stopped using the gel actually completely. I really really liked the face wash though! The regimen overall was very gentle, but I didn't get the results I wanted. Needless to say, I'm happy with any ol stuff I find at a drug store for less then half the price.

Just came across this post and I HAVE to vent... I tried Murad in July 2006 after being on Proactiv for 4 years. Proactiv was fine, but I always had at least a couple pimples on my face, I never got completely clear. A Murad rep started talking to me while I was shopping and told me about the "wonderful" benefits of Murad, that it would clear up those 2 pesky zits and keep me clear, blah blah blah. Of course, I bought the kit, mask, everything.

It cleared me up in the first week and got rid of the 2 pimples I had. Fast forward to end of week 3 and my skin was covered, COVERED in whiteheads and red, painful cysts. I was mortified. Of course they told me that this was "normal" and I was "purging." Ok, purging for 2.5 months? I don't think so. My skin just continued to get worse, once a few would clear up, more would come. I looked awful, and so I went to a doctor. He put me on benzamycin (topical antibiotic with BP). I cleared up completely in 4 weeks.

I could never recommend Murad to anyone. It ruined my skin, though it seems to work for others. Murad boasts that it uses salicylic acid to clear you up, rather than BP, which is what Dan's regimen is based on. For me, BP seems to do the trick. I think it's just a matter of finding which topical is better for your skin.

yep, i used murad for a while to0, and it didnt work for me, it made my skin more red and i didnt see any real improvement at all. waste of money!

I'm another Murad hater. I'm convinced that all of those glowing reviews on their website are written by employees. I mean, ALL of their products have something like a 5-star rating from 95% of the reviewers. It's such crap! Murad made my skin worse, too. I'm still trying to repair some damage from it.