Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spider-man

The regimen does more harm then good for me

My new regimen is just washing my face twice a day with cleanser (oil-free) and applying moisturizer day and night. That's it.

BP really f**ks up your face. Same thing with AHA and any other crap.

My new regimen is just washing my face twice a day with cleanser (oil-free) and applying moisturizer day and night. That's it.

BP really f**ks up your face. Same thing with AHA and any other crap.

SOMETHING fucked up my face while on the regimen. It's just now getting back to normal, yet I still have bumps everywhere (not zits).

i almost quit over the weekend. i did your regimen for 3 days, then i realized i sould give it another shot so here goes....

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you spidey :) This past Saturday I decided to quit Dan's Regimen after being on it since October of last year. I had a miracle clearing after first using it, but the side effects became too much. Now I'm simply washing my face with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, followed by Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer w/ SPF 15 in the morning and using the Cetaphil Antibacterial Cleansing Bar (also using as replacement for shave cream) followed by the same moisturizer at night. Haven't had a single breakout yet, which is suprising considering how these past few weeks have been.

It's a huge relief not having people randomly ask me why my face is red, lol, and even more so not having to spend 30-45+ minutes twice a day applying the DKR products and dealing with the excessive dryness and flakiness caused by BP. Still trying to get over some peeling caused by the BP, however. Hopefully it's completely gone soon.

when i first tried the regimen i had all the awfull side effects. i think everyones skin is different and you need to find what best suits your skin. my skin was very dry and a bit sore so i guessed my skin couldny take two applications a day of bp even though i was moisturising really well. i only use bp at night and that works for me. i dont aggrivate my skin with scrubs or touching or using very hot water. BP really does work. i have veryu greasy skin and the one application at night is enough to keep my skin looking matt for the next day even when using moisturiser. i sed to scrub my face with a towl after a bath or shower until i realised that even doing that is enough to cause a breakout so i only pat my face dry lightly with a clean towl.

Luckily, I'm in the boat where my skin is not really sensitive to it at all. It's tough as a rock and BP rarely ever dries me out or does anything bad to my face.

Using Saliyic acid and BP is a bad combination?

I read somewhere on acne.org that SA is an alternative of BP and that they should not be used together. Have you been using SA and BP together all these while?

Luckily, I'm in the boat where my skin is not really sensitive to it at all. It's tough as a rock and BP rarely ever dries me out or does anything bad to my face.

me too, i barely even need a moisturizer with dans bp

Same here. When I first began the regimen, the only bad thing that happened to my face was dryness. My skin never got red.

I've been on the regimen for 3 days now, and the area's I have been applying it on is just red and irritated, I'm going to continue it for a week or they, they say after a week your skin adjusts to the benzoyl

i've been on the regimen for 2 weeks. when my skin gets red it's coz i applied too much BP, and then i know to go easier. also, when i apply it quickly and not gently (like on dan's video) that also makes my skin look like a lobster. it's my mistakes that cause the redness.

Eeeekkk. this post is scarring me. I've just ordered the kit and can't wait to start it, but now reading this, it scares me! :doh:

Yikes me too!!!