Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can’t stand it anymore. My face is so ugly. I find myself hiding behind my hands when talking to people. The worst is when I’m in my bathroom washing my makeup off and I can feel every little bump on my face, it makes me want to break down and cry. I would absolutely die if anyone saw me without makeup (even my family). I usually lather on a thick layer of oil-free moisturizer with this green tint just to walk around my house.

I look disgusting. I’m 23 and been suffering from acne for 2 years. Throughout high school my face was silky soft and clear. I don’t even want my boyfriend to see me and we’ve been together for 6 years. Its staring to affect are relationship. He wants me to move in with him and all I can think about is how his going to have to see me without makeup.

I hate myself for caring so much, but my acne is all I think about. It’s even affected my work, I spend more time online searching for acne treatments than working. I’m possessed and as far as my social life goes… that’s long gone. I’ve completely isolated myself. I haven’t seen my friends since last year.

I can’t stand it anymore. My face is so ugly. I find myself hiding behind my hands when talking to people. The worst is when I’m in my bathroom washing my makeup off and I can feel every little bump on my face, it makes me want to break down and cry. I would absolutely die if anyone saw me without makeup (even my family). I usually lather on a thick layer of oil-free moisturizer with this green tint just to walk around my house.

I look disgusting. I’m 23 and been suffering from acne for 2 years. Throughout high school my face was silky soft and clear. I don’t even want my boyfriend to see me and we’ve been together for 6 years. Its staring to affect are relationship. He wants me to move in with him and all I can think about is how his going to have to see me without makeup.

I hate myself for caring so much, but my acne is all I think about. It’s even affected my work, I spend more time online searching for acne treatments than working. I’m possessed and as far as my social life goes… that’s long gone. I’ve completely isolated myself. I haven’t seen my friends since last year.

I know exactly how you feel. Only I had severe acne all through high school. It used to effect my schoolwork badly, and even when I got into college I still would miss class because I was too embarrassed to go.

Have you begun to narrow down what might be possibly causing it? You're into your twenties, so I'm assuming it must be hormonal. Have you been on/ off birth control? You may be experiencing an imbalance of sorts.

Hang in there!

I know exactly how you feel. Only I had severe acne all through high school. It used to effect my schoolwork badly, and even when I got into college I still would miss class because I was too embarrassed to go.

Have you begun to narrow down what might be possibly causing it? You're into your twenties, so I'm assuming it must be hormonal. Have you been on/ off birth control? You may be experiencing an imbalance of sorts.

Hang in there!

I'm not sure whats causing it. I do tend to break during that time of the month. As for birth control, Ive been considering it but the mixed reviews on the different brands kinda scare me. So if anyone has had good results with a specific brand please let me no.

(I suffer from moderate acne, I usually always have at least two inflamed pimples and those after spots never go away, so without makeup it looks so bad. But I'm having a serious blackhead problem right now, its everywhere.)

Thanks for your response and the reassurance that I'm not alone.

I know how you feel, except I have mild acne. Its hard when you have never experienced it before and then it just happens. I have cried over my acne, I do not think there is anything wrong with it. I center my life around it.

I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years, but he has seen my acne because i dont cover it often and luckily he does not care about it at all. I am sure yours wont either. I really think if that is the only thing stopping you from not moving in with him then you really should. You'll regret it if you dont.

I think you should go talk to your doctor about birth control. I've said this so much- but I am on Lo estrogen 24fe. It has not caused me to break out worse then i already am. I went on Otrho tri cyclen and experienced a pretty bad break out- but everyone is different and OTC has helped so many people. Lastly all of my friends are on Yaz and say it cleared them up. They never had bad acne though, just mild around the mouth or on the cheeks.

The best thing you can do is talk to your doctor about it. They will try to recommend what they think is right for your body.

I know the pain and struggle acne can cause. It's ruined a few years of my life.

But you know something I realized? You think about your acne all the time. It's all you focus on. And yet people who see you with acne see you and in one second, sure, it's what they're thinking about. But your acne doesn't affect their lives. They don't think about your acne. Only you do.

I can understand if people constantly pick on you or call you names, but those kinds of people are just looking for a reaction. You don't deserve to let acne rule your life.

I don't necessarily practice what I preach - I still struggle with the emotional pains acne has caused me. But you need to hang in there.

I'm like you. I can't really go anywhere without my concealer. Only when I'm feeling a bit confident one day or if I don't have any will I go out without ANY makeup. But every single day otherwise, I'm covered in makeup. I can't walk around my family without it. I feel ashamed and dirty compared to their nice complexions. They all have nice skin and I don't want to reveal to them what I'm going through.

Chances are, your boyfriend loves you because of you. If he's a good guy, he won't even CARE. He'll love you regardless.

I'm making an appointment with my Gynecologist tomorrow and I have talked to my boyfriend about the embarrassment I feel and he always says that I'm being ridiculous and that I'm beautiful (his my boyfriend, he has to say that). I just so badly want to be that girl that doesn't have to wear makeup, I want my confidence back.

Thanks pshtigotthatt

I do sometimes feel like "maybe its not as bad as I think it is" but most days I feel like everyone is looking at my face and thinking "What happen to her face".

Thanks lyssa

I'm making an appointment with my Gynecologist tomorrow and I have talked to my boyfriend about the embarrassment I feel and he always says that I'm being ridiculous and that I'm beautiful (his my boyfriend, he has to say that). I just so badly want to be that girl that doesn't have to wear makeup, I want my confidence back.

Thanks pshtigotthatt

I do sometimes feel like "maybe its not as bad as I think it is" but most days I feel like everyone is looking at my face and thinking "What happen to her face".

Thanks lyssa

Don't tell yourself that! He's not just saying it. If it actually bothered him, he would have said something or left. He loves you!

And like 'i want to be acne free' said, sometimes crying does help. It's good to let out your emotions - you shouldn't et them build up inside you [like me!]. I'm glad you felt you could vent here about your problems, and I hope we're giving you some good advice. :)

Sometimes you just need to put on some sad music and let it all out.

you have options, don't drive your self crazy, you don't deserve it, this is not your fault, listen you have to keep on fighting, otherwise who else is going to fight for you?

i swear on my life you're not alone, you're not because i'm here burning with you, it gets crazy and it gets sick but you fight because that's all there is, to fight or to give up.

if you give up you have nothing, if you fight there has to be hope.

inform yourself about every single way there is to help your self, even if you think you've tried it all, do it one more time, and then one more time, and then one more time until you get back what yours.

good luck.

I can't stand it either. These fucking pimples, right? They never seem to go away, and you know it's a problem when society puts an giant amount of emphasis on clear skin. Actors and actresses have pimples and severe scarring, but they wear layers of make-up before appearing on television. All for the purpose of lying to you. It's all done in the name of getting as many people to buy into the bullshit myth that people are perfect somewhere, and you're nothing. They have millions fooled, even the ones who aren't fooled find themselves overwhelmed by the pressure. I don't even know why they bother to tell kids to be individuals. What's the point if all we're supposed to do is conform?

I could walk up to you and not find you disgusting. Easily. So what, you have acne. It happens to women at all ages. Why should bumps on your face detract from all of your other wonderful physical features (that I am sure you have)? Your boyfriend has been with you for six years. A skin condition will not lead him out the door. I don't think he is a liar either. Your friends need to see you. Friends can help bring us out of the worst problems.

Hey all, just wanted to say don't be ashamed of your spots. They give you character and to me, are a sign that a person has experienced their share of SHIT. Of pain, of sorrow, of shame, of fear, of sadness, of lonliness. Just remember that everything affects the way you are. I know I am a more compassinate and understanding, accepting and all around more knowledgeable person because of acne. I actaully think that acne is beautiful. I think make up will go out of style and a baroque period will flourish, and people will celebrate their imperfections, scars and all, and the world will consider them cool.

I hate to say the obvious, but have you seen a dermatologist?

Go on then--cry--and let it out. It's okay. Life is unfair and people will let you down. Just get it out of your system.