Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Golfer09

Fractional CO2

I was just wondering why more people on these boards are not getting the new fractional co2 laser procedures done. I see a lot of people getting the Fraxel Re:Store done, but just a few getting the Re:Pair, Active FX, Deep FX... I was just wondering why? I only find these laser much more able to give results than the non-ablative. Just would like to hear what you all think of this.

It's hard to fine any doctors who have one. I heard Toronto just got it's first! So I'm sure the larger cities have them, but right now... they're rather rare!

I live in a city with a million people and there is no one that offers this service.

Fractional CO2 has a much longer down time. You may need to miss over a week of work while the scabbing peels off. Then you are left noticeably red for quite some time.

Plus the potential side effect are greater with CO2.

I've also read that many are not very pleased with their results. This is especially the case with deeper scars.

Pogo, if you get scabbing you are not doing your post op properly. The very last thing anybody wants is scabs.

Golfer09, Fraxel Repair is much more expensive than Restore. There is about a 6 month waiting period in between procedures, and it takes a minimum of 2 treatments for most acne scars.

I was just wondering why more people on these boards are not getting the new fractional co2 laser procedures done. I see a lot of people getting the Fraxel Re:Store done, but just a few getting the Re:Pair, Active FX, Deep FX... I was just wondering why? I only find these laser much more able to give results than the non-ablative. Just would like to hear what you all think of this.

Hi Golfer,correct me if I'm wrong.You had the total FX done right?How was it and how much in % of improvement u got?And when did the redness totally fade?

Pogo, if you get scabbing you are not doing your post op properly. The very last thing anybody wants is scabs.

You're right, scabbing is the wrong description. I meant the layer that forms on top of your skin from the bleeding. After CO2, a crusty layer of dried blood forms. You are advised to wash your face very gently and let the crust flake off on its own. It usually takes a couple of days. After that your face is pink/red.

I can't seem to find a doctor in Utah that does it for less then 5,000.

Violet,

What part of Utah are you in? I see the Gateway Laser Clinic has the Re:Pair laser

Violet, if the doctor has the market cornered 5k is the usual price. I paid 5k for my first one and 2k for the 2nd.

Wow i thought they were trying to rip me off, but I guess if that is the normal price then that is what I will pay. Dudley though, why did you get two treatments done? I thought this was supposed to be something you do only once.

I can't seem to find a doctor in Utah that does it for less then 5,000.

Violet,

What part of Utah are you in? I see the Gateway Laser Clinic has the Re:Pair laser

I'm in Roy, which is about 45 minutes from Salt Lake City, but I really don't mind driving anywhere. Where did you find this information, I called every dermatologists in the phone book but didn't see these guys. I will have to call them and see what they say, although it sounds like 5,000 is the running price.

Violet,

I found the Gateway Clinic just by being bored and looking around on the net. They seem like a very well known clinic in Salt Lake City. Speaking of Utah, my ex girlfriend lives there and I think that the area is great. Salt Lake City and surrounding areas are just beautiful.

Violet, "One & Done" is nonsense unless you have very mild scars. You may need 2-3 procedures for optimum results. Because of the price the doctor may be more optimistic than he should be. You will not be able to drive yourself to or from the procedure. The price you pay will be determined my market forces, so continue to shop. Here is a far from complete map of Repair costs http://www.realself.com/Fraxel-Repair/cost Rather than using the phone use Google with something like "Fraxel Repair in Utah" as your search phrase. This will probably pull up every Fraxel in Utah so you will have to pick through these to find the Repair Centers. It took some searching, but I found the only one in Oklahoma, and it was only 4 miles from my house. I think I found mine on about the 5th page of the Google search. Even the Fraxel site had not given me any results, except places over 200 miles away http://www.fraxel.com/

TotalFX is considered a less expensive alternative to Repair, and you would need to talk to a doctor to explain the difference between the two. Every doctor will naturally try to sell the brand that he has, so finding unbiased opinion is very important. READ< READ< READ Good Luck!!

MIXto Laser is a 3rd alternative that wasn't around when I was making my decision.

http://www.realself.com/question/is-mixto-...d-fraxel-repair.

Violet,

Yeah look into the two procedures. They are both very similar, but the way the laser penetrates the skin is different. They both produce a ton of heat. I had both done now, I am currently healing from the total fx laser I had it done about a week ago. I liked the Re:pair, but I felt like trying the Total FX the 2nd time around.

The Fraxel website lists doctors that have their machines. The list includes Refine, Restore, and Repair.

http://www.fraxel.com/findDoctor.aspx

I'm not sure how comprehensive the list is.

There are many brands of fractional CO2 lasers out there now. Fraxel and the maker of Active/Deep FX seem to get the most attention. Is that bc they are the best devices or bc they have the best marketing? There was a list comparing the abilities of the different machines somewhere on here. But I don't think anyone could agree on what makes 1 machine better than the other. Is it the thermal damage the laser produces, is it the depth of the penetration (I think the Repair goes deepest)? So I guess you can't go wrong with either Repair of Deep FX but there are lots of other options too.

Thanks, for all the information, it is kind of overwhelming. I don't think I have mild scarring but most people tell me they don't even notice it, so I am hoping I will only need one treatment.