Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hearts will hold.

Best make-up remover?

What's the best make-up remover to use on the regimen? I wish I could stop wearing make-up altogether, but I'm a girl, so.. You know how it is. :(

Right now I'm using the Neutrogena make-up removing cloths.. They seem to work pretty well, but sometimes I wonder if they're gentle enough, or if there's something else I could use that might work better.

I use Mary Kay's. It is kind of expensive, but it works so well!

I'll definitely have to look into it.. I need something that works really well, not just kinda.

Jojoba Oil is said to make a good make-up remover

http://www.acne.org/jojoba-oil.php

granted I am a guy and I have no clue but it is worth checking out :D

I've heard that before, too. I'll probably try it the next time I wear make-up, just to see how it does.. But I'd like to hold on to my jojoba oil as long as I can, so I don't want to use too much of it.. haha.

:)

i tired jojoba oil, but thought it too thick. it was difficult to get off, although it did loosen up all my make-up. i prefer cleansing oil. a couple different companies make it, but i use mac's cleanse-off oil. :wub:

Try Pond's Cold Cream (or if you live near a Walgreen's, they sell a generic brand of it that comes in a bigger tub for less money.) It's really lightweight and won't clog your pores, it gets rid of makeup very well and leaves skin moisturized too. The only problem with it is that I went through a lot of cottonballs while I used it :confused:

Oh I go through lots of cotton balls anyway.. Haha. These all sound like great suggestions, though.. I just don't know which one to go with! I get pretty nervous about trying new things.. I've had wayyy too many bad experiences that lead to break-outs. :(

Thanks, guys!

DHC cleansing oil ^___^ <3

Sometimes I use Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser or Ponds Deep Cleanser and Makeup Remover (with a toner, usu. Origins A Perfect World Liquid Moisture)

EVOO's not bad either.

DHC cleansing oil ^___^ <3

Sometimes I use Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser or Ponds Deep Cleanser and Makeup Remover (with a toner, usu. Origins A Perfect World Liquid Moisture)

EVOO's not bad either.

I use Neutrogena's toner every once in a while & I love it. :)

Try Vichy NORMADERM.

It's excellent, made specially for problematic skin.

The important thing to do to remove makeup:

1. Gently rub the overall of your face with a small amount of product, then remove it with a dry cotton ball.

2. Rinse trough with warm water, not cold water.

3. Pat dry with another cotton ball or tissue.

Repeat again 1-3 until cotton appears to be completely clear.

You'l feel your skin perfectly clean. You can now wash your face with a gentle BP or SA cleanser gel (Normaderm one is good as well), this, to unplug pores and purify.

The secret behind this ?

Well : The only way to remove completely remove makeup from your pores is with "milk" make-up remover (for instance, Normaderm is a milky-gel). Why? because only the milk formula can open the pores to clean them properly.

The warm water? To keep pores open while you clean them!

Washing your face purify and tighten the pores that now are clean.

I hope that helps!

Remember : You have to completely remove make up before you wash your face (I know, it takes time, but at least is effective).

Try it and you'll see the difference ;)

(sorry for the english..i'm french-speaking originally :lol: )

I use olive oil to remove eye makeup and my la roche possay cleanser for the rest of the face, its very mild, soap free and ph balanced.

You can use baby oil or better yet, baby wipes. I have tried baby oil and it made my skin feel really oily but really moisturized. This weekend, I'm going out to buy baby wipes. Heard great reviews on them.

If you want to get make up off your WHOLE face then Johnson and Johnson head to two baby wash is amazing! It was wonderful reviews for it as well. I replaced it as my cleanser. I still use mary kay for my eye make up though, i usually wear a lot of eye liner

will Jojoba Oil make you break out? :naughty:

No, jojoba oil is the only one almost identical to the human's body sebum, so it won't clog your pores.

I use Olive Oil.

When I was a foreign exchange student in Italy my freshman year, my host sister used it and she had the most beautiful eyelashes ever because of it too.

I use Pampers Sensitive baby wipes.

I have found that baby wipes make better makeup removers for acne-prone skin. Manufacturers seem to take more care to not put excessive irritants since people are using the wipes on babies, who usually have ridiculously sensitive skin.

Anyway, Pampers Sensitive are my FAVORITE. They remove makeup very well, they don't irritate the skin, they're very soft, and they're dirt cheap. At Walgreen's, a box of 64 wipes is less than $3.

what brand of Jojoba Oil do you guys use.. where do i get this?? Thanks
You can buy it from Dan's online store. Or any health food store. Make sure it's organic.

Hey hun, well i personally use baby oil all over my face to get rid of my makeup and eye makeup, then wipe off with cotton balls. Then i use the tea tree oil wash from the body shop to cleanse my skin, which seems to leave me spot free :wub: