Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo c

exfoliate yes or no

Just a quick question can you use exfoliaters ie Paulas choice 1% or 2% gel and if ok how often should you use it while on accutane.

I'm on accutane and i still exfoliate every 2-3 days, your not supposed to exfoliate too often but i find doing it every 2-3 days is quite good. But yeah its fine to do while on accutane =]

in the beginning i didnt have a problem exfoliating my skin... but now i have to be super careful because my skin is very delicate. i just use my hands, soap and water, and lotion. anything else burns my skin. if anything... try it on a small patch of skin before you use it on your whole face.

Honestly I'd just use a rough washcloth to gently get the dead skin off while your (gentle) cleanser of choice is on your face. Then rinse & put your moisturizer. The last thing you're going to want to put on your face while taking Accutane are more harsh chemicals to make it MORE red, burning and more irritated. Just my opinion based on my experience so far. Best of luck...