Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you have stubborn red marks that wont go away...heres a suggestion of what to do...

at night, scrub your face with st. ives apricot scrub for sensitive skin...then go about dans regimen in cleansing your face and applying the BP...then instead of applying moisturizer...apply vitamin A to your face and leave it on over night... your face will feel super smooth and red marks will fade... you could see noiceable changes within one use

once you see how the scrub affects your skin...determine how often to use it...apply the vitamin A every night.

hope this helps! smile.gif

well i just recently added the scrub to the regimen...but before starting the regimen i would use the scrub and vitamin A frequently and it would heal red marks super quickly (couple weeks at most)

im happy if this is working for ya, but i really not liking the "scrub" part of it, i mean it seems like anything causes me outbreaks so im not lookin to scrub my skin. Tho red marks have been the baine of my life for a year now. Keep us informed bro

if youre worried about the scrub making you break out...you could try the one for acne prone skin...it contains salycidic acid

Did you ever see the Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Formula? It has Vitamin A, E and B5. You think this will be the same?

Hmm, that sounds like something worth trying. Thanks for sharing As I Am. I will give that a go because I dont moisture at night anyways :-$

Im not too keen on the scrubbing either. Im using vinegar at night to help with exfoliation, and its working well. Coupled with weekly glycolic (30%) peels I think that will be enough for the Vitamin A to be effective.

Ill let you guys know how this goes

As I am: Hey could you link us to the vitamin A product you're using or one similar to it?? I am very interested and wouldn't mind giving it a try biggrin.gif

the vitamin A i use is from a brand called Nature Made which i bought at a local pharmacy (Brooks) its 10,000 IU

i also take one orally everyday in addition to using it topically.

if youre skeptical about the scrubbing...have some other method of exfoliation to use before applying the vitamin A

as Paps said...you could use vinegar

for me the apricot scrub works wonders and i would recommend it to everyone

however, you know yourselves better than i do of course so do whatever you feel is best for your skin smile.gif

good luck to everyone!

and feel free to ask any questions

So you cut the pill open and apply the vitamin A to the red mark? Weird but interesting. You take one orally and you apply one or so to the red marks on your skin?

yup exactly. i just prick the capsule with a needle, squeeze out the vitamin A and apply it to red marks. or you could use two capsules and apply it to your whole face. then just leave it on overnight.

Will the Vitamin A clog my pores? I know I have Vitamin E capsules to soften scar tissue on my bellybutton so I can get it repierced and its really greasy. So is Vitamin A the same? If so--will it clog my pores?