Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

They told me yesterday that I have until the end of January to pack up and skedaddle. Problem is I have nowhere to go lol. 3 years ago I became so paranoid about my acne that I developed social anxiety so severe I dropped out of high school and abandoned every friend I ever had. I told myself I was putting my life on pause until my skin cleared. Well that hasn't happened yet, and apparently these 3 years of doing absolutely nothing with my life has forced my parents to give me the boot. The few times I've been in public in the past 3 years I froze up and couldn't even function like a normal person. I'm totally obsessed with my face. I can't look people in the eye or do anything right. My parents brush aside my pleas for help with acne/depression/social problems as me "being lazy." I have no job, no car, no diploma or GED, no friends, and no family support. I do have $500 cash so at least I won't starve within the first month. I don't really know why I posted this...oh well. I guess I need to mentally prepare myself for life as a homeless man. At age 20. Fuck everything.

That's harsh, I'm sure on some level they believe they're helping you though.

Have you got any sympathetic extended family you could go to?

you'll have to tell yourself to stop running away from your problems!!!

FACE THEM!!

i know it sounds harsh but u got to face them in order to live your life to the fullest!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Do you think perhaps your parents would go easier on you if you could show them you were at least making an attempt to change your life for the better? Maybe you could sit down with them and discuss the possibility of re-entering education via distance learning. I am doing my degree this way (via Open University), although this is because I work full-time and it fits well around this.

There are a number of home learning providers out there that don't require attendance of tutorials etc.; I personally find that enriching my knowledge and expanding my mind helps boost self-esteem in other ways, and it may well improve your eventual prospects job-wise too. Obviously I don't know your parents and how they would view it, but it's gotta be worth doing their research and see if they would be willing to support you if you do this? On your part, it'd be showing a willingness to ameliorate your life and do something proactive.

In the meantime, try not to let acne ruin your life. I know it's hard, God knows how many days I've cried over a few spots and struggled to face myself/others. Good luck with everything though, and let us know how it goes!

Take care.

hahahahaha ur amazing! (i mean it) i give you props especially for that last sentence "I guess I need to mentally prepare myself for life as a homeless man" haha, get a job at mcdonalds dude, little by little steal like 5 dollars a week off of the register (got to be low-key though, dont be greety), save for a year and get back in shape, without education your fucked.

thank god for mcdonalds.

ps: dont eat mcdonalds.

haha, get a job at mcdonalds dude, little by little steal like 5 dollars a week off of the register (got to be low-key though, dont be greety),

Not useful advice. To be honest working around fat-fryers in McDonalds wouldn't be good for people prone to acne anyway.

Much better to work night-shifts stacking store shelves, or something along those lines.

hahahahaha ur amazing! (i mean it) i give you props especially for that last sentence "I guess I need to mentally prepare myself for life as a homeless man" haha, get a job at mcdonalds dude, little by little steal like 5 dollars a week off of the register (got to be low-key though, dont be greety), save for a year and get back in shape, without education your fucked.

thank god for mcdonalds.

ps: dont eat mcdonalds.

BAKA!!!!..why would u steal $5 a week...

When mcdonalds finds out theyre gonna sue him for all hes worth...eh not worth it..

Geez even if u are poor dont resort to stealing

P.S I LOVE ALL TIME LOW ALEX AND JACK ARE SOOOO CUTE <3

Not useful advice. To be honest working around fat-fryers in McDonalds wouldn't be good for people prone to acne anyway.

very true, get a job at subway.

BAKA!!!!..why would u steal $5 a week...

When mcdonalds finds out theyre gonna sue him for all hes worth...eh not worth it..

Geez even if u are poor dont resort to stealing

P.S I LOVE ALL TIME LOW ALEX AND JACK ARE SOOOO CUTE <3

also true, dont steal, i'm a scumbag.

Maybe you could do school online or through correspondance? I know there are many programs available out there, then maybe you could get an at home job?

have you tried treatments to help get rid of your acne? maybe if you sat down and had a long talk with your parents explaining all your problems, they would be willing to help? If your 20 years old, I'm sure you are capable of getting yourself a doctor's appointment to discuss other treatment options for your acne and social anxiety.

I know this stuff is soo hard to deal with, I also have very bad anxiety problems b/c of my skin, but I have made changes in the way I do things, that help me to function a little better

if all else fails you could go on welfare or social assistance? or maybe even disability, I don't know if social anxiety classifies as a disability, but I have a friend with depression who is on disability.. but I guess it all depends on where you are located.

good luck!!