Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jkay

Save our Skin!! - what kind of acne do i have?

have been a member reading posts for a while. i thought i had a handle on my acne but now i know i have absolutely no idea what i am dealing with. from the pics you can tell that i have inflammatory acne. probably pustules and papules but is it nodular?? dunno. i have SUPER OILY SKIN. well it gets very oily in certain areas like my cheeks and nose where the acne is obviously worst. i have tried half of everything, i know what works for me, well somewhat. what i don't get is how do you stop the inflammation? is it a reaction caused by the stuff i am putting on my face because i have tried all the unorthodox methods like washing face less and not putting anything just makes it worse in the long run. does anyone have this same type of problem. see its so few whiteheads and all inflammatory?

HELP SOMEBODY!! :wacko::wacko:

ohh yeah i am currently using BP. differin gave me awesome results 3 yrs ago but was unable to get more. now it don't seem to do anything. tea tree oil doesnt seem string enough to limit oil production. i drink soy milk only, lots of water and garlic supplements.

post-56588-1232447383_thumb.jpg

post-56588-1232447396_thumb.jpg

post-56588-1232447405_thumb.jpg

post-56588-1232447383_thumb.jpg

post-56588-1232447396_thumb.jpg

post-56588-1232447405_thumb.jpg

To me that looks like cystic acne. You need to see a derm for that because you need oral medication. It wont get better just with topicals. You will get scars if you dont see a derm. Even your family doctor may be able to help you. The derm will inject those cysts and they will go away in about a week.

id drop the BP and the milk... your skin is irritated most likely because your skin is dry and inflamed from the chemicals. try a less harsher method on cleaning your face.

thanks guys. i am currently on proactiv....i know, i know, i just want to try it out and it's BP is infused with moisturizers and glycolic acid is a lot milder than SA so right now there is little inflammation so thats a good thing. i'm still searching for what works for me cos i cant do BP long term. crazy this is. severe or mild, i think i just need to get it under control.