Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
birdonawire

Red Mark Gripe, with pics

Has anyone tried anything that has REALLY noticeably reduced/faded their red marks? I feel like 50% of this is a crazy mind game \- you watch the pot and SWEAR it's boiling, even if nothing is changing just because the process and patience required is so aggravating. Really, I'm tired of these suckers. Anyone ever had any luck with bleaching creams? Just the name sounds hardcore enough to work, but I'm afraid of bleaching my entire face a ghostly Michael Jackson hue.

Pictures below of my stupid ass red marks.

Helllp ? :(

Off topic: Holy crap, I love this little dude: :boohoo:

post-93692-1232446802_thumb.jpg

post-93692-1232446819_thumb.jpg

post-93692-1232446802_thumb.jpg

post-93692-1232446819_thumb.jpg

I know a lot of people just say this to make people feel better but honestly, your skin looks great. I would kill to have skin like yours and I think it's more of a matter of your mind blowing things out of proportion. Maybe the picture doesn't show them clearly but even if this is the case, with a little make up I'm sure your skin looks flawless, whereas my red marks and scars are even noticeable through a thick layer of foundation.

Something that has been working for me is the taping method and jojoba oil... I've seen a real improvement in only a few days. I've also just started using Kama Ayurveda's miracle oil. It's stupidly expensive but it is good stuff and I have high hopes for it.

To both of you, thanks. But it is one of those situations where the camera/lighting whatever makes it look better than it really is. In bright, regular bathroom lighting (which just washed me out on my camera - which is a crap camera to begin with) they are bright, evil and tomato red.

The taping thing makes me worried about clogging pores with...adhesive?? I'm probably being paranoid. I'll try whatever.

The oil stuff sounds nice. Ack, why must it all be so expensive?!

yeah, lighting is definitely a factor. I have a shitty bathroom mirror and bad lights in there, and I´ll think "wow my marks are almost gone", then I sit in front of the window on a bright day and look in the mirror and see everything I didn´t need to see lol

My advice: Chemical peels (you can order them online for like roughly $30), and I personally like the Rx for brown skin line that´s targeted towards hyperpigmenation (for any skin color), developed by a dermatologist, available at Sephora.