Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ctbo

neutrogena soap or cetaphil soap?

what one of tese soap bars you think is better neutrogena acne pron skin bar or cetaphil gentle cleansing bar?both are hypo allergenic and non-comedogenic.while the neutrogena bar says it wont over dry the skin the cetaphil bar says its mosisturesizes the skin.what one do you feel is better and why.what one do you use if do?

Hello,

So I used Cetaphil for a while. However, I recently realized that I feel like my face does not feel clean enough when I use it. I also noticed it doesn't completely remove all of my makeup (i.e. I still have black eye liner under my eyes after I use it!) Cetaphil is probably good for some who has really sensitive skin, as it is probably as gentle as it is going to get.

As for the neutrogena acne pron skin bar, it probably either has salyic acid or benzol peroxide in it. In either case, those products usually dry up your skin to help get rid of the acne.

It is probably best to go with cetaphil if you have really sensitive skin and Neutrogena if you have more oily skin.

what one of tese soap bars you think is better neutrogena acne pron skin bar or cetaphil gentle cleansing bar?both are hypo allergenic and non-comedogenic.while the neutrogena bar says it wont over dry the skin the cetaphil bar says its mosisturesizes the skin.what one do you feel is better and why.what one do you use if do?

I use neutrogena(the orange one) for acne prone skin and its really great for me. It really does brake my brakeout cycle. Just stick with neutrogena and you will see the unbelievable results. My only problem now is red marks. and my face is flaky after cleansing with neutrogena. maybe its because I am not using a moisturizer.

Hello,

So I used Cetaphil for a while. However, I recently realized that I feel like my face does not feel clean enough when I use it. I also noticed it doesn't completely remove all of my makeup (i.e. I still have black eye liner under my eyes after I use it!)

You should use makeup remover and not just facewash to remove your makeup! You will get crows feet.

Neutrogena soap DOES NOT have any type of medication in it, for the record. Neither do. They are just bars made for people with sensitive skin. I have used both, and I think Neutrogena's is a bit better. Cetaphil's is just bit overdrying for me. Your experience may be different though.

I've found that Dove Unscented Sensitive Skin Bar is better than both of those. My derm recommended I use it last year, I thought he was nuts! Upon his insistence, I tried it, and it's worked out pretty well! I use it as my shampoo as well, I don't know what else to use! Most commercial hair shampoo have too many chemicals in them, such as fragrance, SLS or alcohol. Then I found that the organic shampoos suck, too! If somethings "safe" to wash my skin with, my theory is that I may as well use it on my hair.

i used these both before and neutrogena is better to remove oils and dirt, but i think cetaphil is recommended for those who have very sensitive skin. cetaphil doesn't dry out pimples while neutrogena really dry my pimples...until now im using neutrogena (liquid) with 2% salicylic acid because this is one thing that controls my pimples.

Hi, I used the Neutrogena soap, but it didn't work!

it dried my skin and I didn't get any results. Now I'm using a soap

I bought in Mexico that is really nice.. it got rid of all my acne and it evened

out my skin tone. It has glycolic acid, which is used on chemical eeels and all

those fancy things. Hopefully you can find it online :)

Of those two products, I would say Cetaphil. But I moved from that to Basis for sensitive skin (look at the product reviews off the home page). I bought Basis by the bushel!

I have now "graduated" from Basis to Jojoba Oil. Since using the jojoba, I went from 98% clear to 100%. The large bottle Dan started selling here is AWESOME.

Trust me, it is worth its weight in gold. In addition to not making my skin feel tight, dry, or irritated, it evens out my skin tone and is said to have "antimicrobial" properties. LOVE jojoba.

Hope this helps.;)