Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sean_15

I just started the Regimen and my face is red, dry and flaky.

I started the regimen last January 15. From that day, I do the regimen one in the morning and one in the evening before the bed (cleanser-small amount of bp-moisturizer). Now, it's Monday, January 19, five days after I started, my face is red and flaky like when I touch my face to wash, apply BP and moisturizer, my face is uhm rough. My face actually gets worse. What should I do? I have to fly back home on February 15. Do you think my face would be better on that day? I really need some help. Thanks.

try doing the BP only at night. Thats what i did, this is my 8th day on The Regimen and i had to only do it at night because it was getting too red.

I started the day before you, and while I've not got redness, there are a few flakes forming. Instead of cutting BP, I'm wondering if I can add jojoba oil? How soon is too soon to add jojoba? I don't want to derail the regimen, but I need more moisture, living in Colorado. I even use more moisturizer than we're supposed to start with, but toward the end of the day, I'm feeling the dryness.

Can I add jojoba now, or do I need to wait?

try doing the BP only at night. Thats what i did, this is my 8th day on The Regimen and i had to only do it at night because it was getting too red.

You mean to say that in the morning, I just wash my face using the cleanser and after that apply the moisturizer? and in the evening, cleanser-bp-moisturizer? Do you think I should start doing that now or I have to wait til I finish my first week?

I started the day before you, and while I've not got redness, there are a few flakes forming. Instead of cutting BP, I'm wondering if I can add jojoba oil? How soon is too soon to add jojoba? I don't want to derail the regimen, but I need more moisture, living in Colorado. I even use more moisturizer than we're supposed to start with, but toward the end of the day, I'm feeling the dryness.

I honestly don't know. I hope someone answers your question 'coz I am thinking of adding jojoba oil in the regimen. My only problem is that if this regimen I am doing is working. I don't want to meet my relatives with this awful look..hehe

you can use jojoba oil, i highly suggest it since the first few weeks are the hardest ones. i wish i had used jojoba oil when i started.

you can also moisturize as often as you feel you need to, some days i would moisturize 3-4 times when it was really windy out. with jojoba oil it makes your face feel like its always oily and damp so you won't need to moisturize more than once with it.

I started the regimen last January 15. From that day, I do the regimen one in the morning and one in the evening before the bed (cleanser-small amount of bp-moisturizer). Now, it's Monday, January 19, five days after I started, my face is red and flaky like when I touch my face to wash, apply BP and moisturizer, my face is uhm rough. My face actually gets worse. What should I do? I have to fly back home on February 15. Do you think my face would be better on that day? I really need some help. Thanks.

bp causes your skin to go through a purging phase and makes your acne look alot worse for the first 2-3 weeks. the redness will eventually fade as your skin gets used to bp, took about 7 weeks for my skin to completely get used to 2 pumps without getting red. for the roughness and flakes i'd get jojoba oil.

Hi, I have also just started the regimen and having dry sensitive skin to begin with does not help. I have been reading some of the notices and tried using honey as a face mask and it really helped with the tightness and dryness. I don't know if it helps clear up the spots as I have only just done it the once today but it definitely helped with dryness.

I just smothered my face in any old honey and left it on for bout half an hour, after that i gently wiped it off with a warm wet cloth and my face was happy again!

good luck sorting it out

you can use jojoba oil, i highly suggest it since the first few weeks are the hardest ones. i wish i had used jojoba oil when i started.

you can also moisturize as often as you feel you need to, some days i would moisturize 3-4 times when it was really windy out. with jojoba oil it makes your face feel like its always oily and damp so you won't need to moisturize more than once with it.

OMG!!!! MY FACE!!

i have my worse face ever.. more big super huge breakout all over my chin.. and this coming Sunday is the 15th.. urgh.. i hate my face now.. I hate my effin face.. :wall:

Is there something I can do to at least make this huge bumps go small? God, help me! :pray:

It took my face a looong time to get used to the BP. Even now, I can only tolerate 1 pump in the morning and 1 pump at night or my face gets dry and flaky. (I've been on the Regimen for about 3 months now.) I tried mixing Jojoba oil in with the moisturizer, but it didn't help the flakiness. The only thing that helped with the dryness was using generous amounts of the AHA moisturizer at night.

Something seems to be working though. I'm a 27 y.o. female who's been battling severe cystic acne since age 14 or so, and the other day one of my coworkers commented on how much clearer my face is. I tried the Regimen before, several years ago, but definitely didn't have the same effect as now. Maybe my hormones are changing now that I'm older? I used to think Accutane was the only thing that could help, but now, I would say I don't need it.

The only thing that sucks is the scars...the Regimen is doing an awesome job combating my breakouts, but I have a LOT of scars. I'll need to check out that section of the forum....

It took my face a looong time to get used to the BP. Even now, I can only tolerate 1 pump in the morning and 1 pump at night or my face gets dry and flaky. (I've been on the Regimen for about 3 months now.) I tried mixing Jojoba oil in with the moisturizer, but it didn't help the flakiness. The only thing that helped with the dryness was using generous amounts of the AHA moisturizer at night.

Something seems to be working though. I'm a 27 y.o. female who's been battling severe cystic acne since age 14 or so, and the other day one of my coworkers commented on how much clearer my face is. I tried the Regimen before, several years ago, but definitely didn't have the same effect as now. Maybe my hormones are changing now that I'm older? I used to think Accutane was the only thing that could help, but now, I would say I don't need it.

The only thing that sucks is the scars...the Regimen is doing an awesome job combating my breakouts, but I have a LOT of scars. I'll need to check out that section of the forum....

thank you for the reply.. i guess i have to wait til my face gets clear...its just that im flying back home this sunday, the 15th and i dont want my relatives to see me with this crazy face.. urgh.. its so depressing.. and now i just lost hope.. i actually thought of not flying home.. :(

anyone knows something that can make this huge bumps get smaller..FAST??

Unfortunately, you kind of need to just wait it out. It's totally normal to break about in the week or two after you start The Regimen. For the first few months, you'll probably go through a few phases of clearing up, breaking out (albeit less severely each time), and clearing up again.

I know it's really hard at first. You start The Regimen hoping to clear up, and instead it makes your face look worse than it originally did. I assure you, though, it's well worth it. In a few months, you'll be nice and clear, and this will all just be a memory.

And as for seeing your family, don't sweat it. Yes, it sucks that your face isn't at its best, but they're your family and they'll love you anyway. Just be honest. Tell them you've been using a new treatment on your face, and you're going through an adjustment phase. If you can make some sort of joke about it, that might help. Things are usually less awkward if you're able to laugh at yourself. Plus, just keep in mind that the next time you see them, your skin will look so much better.

You'll be okay. Just keep on keepin' on. ; )

Unfortunately, you kind of need to just wait it out. It's totally normal to break about in the week or two after you start The Regimen. For the first few months, you'll probably go through a few phases of clearing up, breaking out (albeit less severely each time), and clearing up again.

I know it's really hard at first. You start The Regimen hoping to clear up, and instead it makes your face look worse than it originally did. I assure you, though, it's well worth it. In a few months, you'll be nice and clear, and this will all just be a memory.

And as for seeing your family, don't sweat it. Yes, it sucks that your face isn't at its best, but they're your family and they'll love you anyway. Just be honest. Tell them you've been using a new treatment on your face, and you're going through an adjustment phase. If you can make some sort of joke about it, that might help. Things are usually less awkward if you're able to laugh at yourself. Plus, just keep in mind that the next time you see them, your skin will look so much better.

You'll be okay. Just keep on keepin' on. ; )

Thank you so much for that wonderful reply. You are right. Maybe I was just scared to be judged because of my face. I mean the last time I saw them, my face was clear then after three years, my face has a lot of acne. I'm having more bumps again and it's very depressing because I just finished one month of my regimen and my face is worse than ever. To tell you honestly, I am losing hope. I am thinking that this regimen doesn't really work but then I read that some people take more than a month to see improvements.

I still don't know what to expect when I meet my family. I hate my face to tell honestly but I guess I have to deal with it.

But how can I make this bumps smaller??? :(