Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoykNoize

What is the best way to get rid of my acne scars/brown spots on my back?

I have no idea what they are but they're just brown spots all over my back and I have had them there for about 4 years (currently 17) and I would like to remove them since it depresses me.

www.acne.org/messageboard/rid-severe-acne-l-t220964.html&p=2487228#entry2487228

Many of my info is there and some pics of what it looks like. The whole area on my back that is covered seems to be 95% of those brown areas and 5% of areas where it seems acne actually exists

I have been reading stuff about Bio-Oil and Microdermabrasion and would like to know if that would help me rid of these terrible marks.

I would really like some input on this terrible problem that I have been facing for many years. If you know of any dermatologist in the Bay Area that can deal with this I would greatly be appreciated.

Hi there! Please do read some of the pinned posts at the top of the scar forum. You'll find some great information there on treatments that will help acne scarring. It does look though like you haven't much actual scarring but rather a lot of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (red marks/brown marks). Try reading some of the pinned posts at the top of the red marks left after acne forum.

Limiting sun exposure is one first step as tanned redmarks take longer to go away.

I can't recommend any derms in your area, but you could ask around with friends/fellow students/coworkers/family. You could even ask your family doctor for a referral.

I can personally heartily recommend alpha hydroxy acids. I use Avon's Anew Advanced Retexturizing peel for my facial skin. For the body, I use Dan's AHA+ and Alpha Hydroxx Souffle. Those all contain glycolic acid, an AHA.

As you state that the majority of the 'lesions' on your back are marks and not active acne, I think glycolic acid might help you very well indeed.

Please do also make sure that you're using a gentle skin cleanser. It's also good to wash with just your hands as some washcloths can be too rough. If you do use a washcloth, please use a clean one at least every four days or so.

PS: I removed some of your duplicate topics, leaving this one.