Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dukeduke

natural beauty bar saved my skin!

i have posted here before about using products that i THOUGHT worked but ended up breaking me out or irritating my skin into a rash after continued use. I finally found a non soap beauty bar that i am in awe with. it has cleared my skin, redness and even helped with oiliness. The funny thing is that it doesnt contain the common acne fighting ingredients like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. I was looking for something gentle but yet effective. i was very red and irritated from using phisoderm anti blemish gel wash so i had to find something temporarily without medicines because my skin was dry, itchy, breaking out and yet still oily all at once. all acne products do this to me. SO the brand of this non soap bar is by Natures plus and is called Natural beauty cleansing bar. Do not buy the other natures plus tea tree soaps or oatmeal because they clogged my pores a while back. I've been using this bar for a good while now and finally i'm relieved. My skin cleared up, softened and doesnt look irritated and red anymore. The beauty bar comes with a pamphlet inside and explains what the bar does. It is PH balanced 4.5 to 5.5 and explains why that is important. It sets our skin into a healthy acid state. Controlling your skins acid state helps fight off bacteria and fungi naturally as it explains. When we use regular soaps and washes it strips our "acid mantle" that protects our skin and raises our PH too high to where bacteria and fungi can thrive on our skin. That was a huge mistake i had been making for years. I was over washing with the wrong washes thinking that kind of washing was good. I noticed a difference the first time i used it. It contains allantoin and 500 IU of vitamin E. I was relieved to read that it has no harsh, irritating ingredients that soap does and is also perfect for sensitive allergy prone skin. Its for all skin types even acne prone. The only reason i am taking time to let people know about this is because i wish i would have heard this through word of mouth rather than experimenting with hundreds of washes for many years with no luck. I hope i have helped. Oh you can purchase the beauty cleansing bar at The vitamin shoppe, health food stores, sun harvest. Good Luck! :)

Oh one more thing, if you do consider puchasing natures plus, natural beauty cleansing bar, be sure to read the pamphlet as it exlpains that is is best not to use lotions or moisturizers afterwards as it can destory the Ph balance that the bar provides. I know alot of you might be thinking you need moisturizers but this bar doesnt dry your skin. again, good luck.

They had it at the Vitamin Shoppe store but its cheaper online at their store. I've been using it too. I like it. I use lotion after though because it's really dry right now.

They had it at the Vitamin Shoppe store but its cheaper online at their store. I've been using it too. I like it. I use lotion after though because it's really dry right now.

I think this would help my situation I'm having right now. But....how is this bar with makeup? And applying makeup? Do you even wear makeup? I wear moisturizer in the morning because my makeup goes so much better....

I just ordered this bar online at Vitamin Shoppe.com. This stuff really had great reviews too. I hope it's what I've been looking for.

I have extra stuff I use besides just the soap but it's great soap. Just basic without a bunch of extra stuff. I use it for my body too. I use the Neutrogena dry touch sunscreen when I get out of the shower and then a tiny bit of Monistat anti chafing gel to help with my oily skin. It makes my makeup go on really nice. I've been using Alima mineral makeup and I really like it. I was using Bare minerals but I think something in it was bugging me.

I have extra stuff I use besides just the soap but it's great soap. Just basic without a bunch of extra stuff. I use it for my body too. I use the Neutrogena dry touch sunscreen when I get out of the shower and then a tiny bit of Monistat anti chafing gel to help with my oily skin. It makes my makeup go on really nice. I've been using Alima mineral makeup and I really like it. I was using Bare minerals but I think something in it was bugging me.

Do you find to be drying at all?? And how long have you been using it?

I think its been about 3 weeks or so. When I first started using it, I had about 10 cysts and by the next week they were almost healed. Things are getting better every week. I don't think its terribly drying but I do put the sunscreen on and I don't use a moisturizer. I changed a few things in the last week though. Here's what I'm doing...

AM

shower with Natural beauty...exfoliate with a skinvac cloth every other day.

Bare minerals skin rev-er upper

Neutrogena dry touch 30 sunscreen

Monistat anti chafing

Alima makeup

PM

Dermalogica precleanse to remove makeup

Natural Beauty-just my hands, no washcloth

Green cream 3

I have not had my skin feel this comfortable in a long time. I wear lotion on my body but the weather has been a little dry lately. I did go a few days without it after I had used the soap and I wouldn't say it was very dry but I find that I don't get body acne if I use lotion. I may try again when the weather changes. I like that it gets me clean with minimal ingredients.

I think its been about 3 weeks or so. When I first started using it, I had about 10 cysts and by the next week they were almost healed. Things are getting better every week. I don't think its terribly drying but I do put the sunscreen on and I don't use a moisturizer. I changed a few things in the last week though. Here's what I'm doing...

AM

shower with Natural beauty...exfoliate with a skinvac cloth every other day.

Bare minerals skin rev-er upper

Neutrogena dry touch 30 sunscreen

Monistat anti chafing

Alima makeup

PM

Dermalogica precleanse to remove makeup

Natural Beauty-just my hands, no washcloth

Green cream 3

I have not had my skin feel this comfortable in a long time. I wear lotion on my body but the weather has been a little dry lately. I did go a few days without it after I had used the soap and I wouldn't say it was very dry but I find that I don't get body acne if I use lotion. I may try again when the weather changes. I like that it gets me clean with minimal ingredients.

That's good to hear that it's not too drying. I will most likely use moisturizer too... through the winter with this bar. When Summer comes I could probably do without the moisturizer.

I recieved the beauty bar today. One thing I did not expect....it smells like Pine Sol. That's just very strange to me....considering it's so natural. You would think there was fragrance added to it or something.

Tonight when I get home I'll wash my face with it and hopefully I love it. I'll update later this week.