Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fentanyl

Dry skin on face HELP FAST

After i get out of the shower you can see skin just literally peeling off my face. and my face hurts, it feels tough and when i open my mouth my skin cracks more. I dont care about the pimples or anything i care about his dryness. im afriad to go to school. what can i put on this to help it?

thanks.

After i get out of the shower you can see skin just literally peeling off my face. and my face hurts, it feels tough and when i open my mouth my skin cracks more. I dont care about the pimples or anything i care about his dryness. im afriad to go to school. what can i put on this to help it?

thanks.

Aquaphor is really good at healing irritated, very dry skin. You can apply a thin layer over the affected areas. You should be able to purchase it at any drug store. Vaseline would work too, but aquaphor is probably a better option. Use the aquaphor for a couple of days, and then go back to a regular moisturizer.

What products are you using on your skin, btw? Do you think that the skin peeling is from any acne meds that you are using?

iv had this skin WAY before i was on any acne meds, i only take keflex, which isnt reall y for acne and i know it didnt cause this, i just started using BP 8% and ziana. but the dryness was well before any medications. so i dont know what caused it. but iv had it for about a year.

iv had this skin WAY before i was on any acne meds, i only take keflex, which isnt reall y for acne and i know it didnt cause this, i just started using BP 8% and ziana. but the dryness was well before any medications. so i dont know what caused it. but iv had it for about a year.

You might try a lower concentration BP - 8% is fairly strong. A 5% might be a better option for you. One other thing you can try is to back off using the BP for a couple of days. Then start using it again at night - but for the first few nights, only leave it on for 15 min and then wash it off. After a few days of doing that, start leaving it on for 30 min. Then after a few more days bump it up to one hour, then to two hours. If your skin is tolerating the medication at that point, then try leaving it on all night.

Are you using any kind of daily moisturizer? Both of the acne topcials you are using - BP and Ziana can dry out and irritate the skin, so you want a good moisturizer to help reduce the dryness.

I've found that pond's cold cream really helps to exfoliate. When I first started the regimen and my face was extremely flakey, I used pond's cold cream and when I tissued it off, I could see all the dead skin cells and skin flakes on the tissue. Love that stuff.

oh, but if you're face is hurting and cracked, I wouldn't do anything to really rub it because I think that would irritate it more. I used Pond's Extra dry skin cream in the beginning. It's very thick and creamy and I didn't have any problems with breaking out. (hehe I love pond's).

Good Luck

I've got something similar. I used Retin-A for the first time just a few nights ago and the next morning I was peeling like crazy, and moisturizer didn't help. Then... it got red. I think it was because I neglected to use any moisturizer the first time, resulting in extremely dry skin. I've religiously been applying SkinMedica Dermal Repair Cream, Jojoba Oil, and Cetaphil. Jojoba has helped quite a bit, but I'm still quite red.

Rub olive oil into your face.

That's a good moisturizer, but it is a pretty major pore clogger too.

Are you 100% sure? I'm sure I read somewhere that it wasn't pore clogging. I have also been using it for a while with nothing but benefits from it.

Rub olive oil into your face.

That's a good moisturizer, but it is a pretty major pore clogger too.

Are you 100% sure? I'm sure I read somewhere that it wasn't pore clogging. I have also been using it for a while with nothing but benefits from it.

Oils can be kind of unpredictable - some people react to them, but not everyone. It also partly depends of the formulation of the oil. Some ingredients can make it more/less comedogenic. On the zerozits.com list it scores a "2" on a scale of 0-5 (with 5 being the most comedogenic). So it does seem to have a mild-moderate potential for clogging pores.

Good that it is working for you though!

If you are dry the problem is THE BP, and all the other chemicals you put on your face is irritating your skin causing the dryness and cracked skin.

Fentanyl you sound exactly like me lol I used to have ub0r amounts of dryness on my skin and unfortunately people would comment me about it in school which made me super embarrased......but ever since I have used the TCA Peel my skin has be miraculously smooth and moisturized......weird eh? ever since I have done the TCA Peel I have never ever put any more chemicals on my face and my skin feels completely baby soft and also I'm not as oily as I used to be for some reason.....it was never mentioned that that might happen but oh well lucky extra bonus....but you should look into it and make sure you follow the instructions or you can really fuck up your face