Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RedMcIntosh

For those who took Accutane dosage 2.5 / 5 mg per day average

Hi :)

I've used Accutane years ago. I started at 18 years old up to my 22 years old with 20 mg per day average so I can't remember exactly the initial side effects I've had. I'm 27 years old now and I'm taking it since Thursday, a 20 mg pill each other day. I've headache and slightly dry lips just after the second intake on Saturday.

My question is for the people who started taking the extremely low dosages I've previously said and better if it was from the beginning of the treatment.

Anyone suffered dry lips so fast as I've got them or headache, even starting with 2.5 mg average per day or 5 mg?

Thank you ;)

Ariel

P.S.: how long to get rid the oily skin?

I took 20mg every 4 days a while back for maintainance (no side effects whatsover, only slightly dry skin (moist. took care of that), no dry lips,no eczema,no dry scalp,no headaches,no nosebleeds, no change in lipids/bloodwork) - before that i took 20mg till my mild facial acne cleared. (I only have problems on my Forehead - nowhere else - i hate it!)

Then i went off the tane and was clear - then i took some Testosteron and after stopping the cycle i developed mild facial acne again (and again only on my forehead - everything else=clear )

So now im thinking about doing a microdose-course again - like 20mg every 5-7 dasys (2.5-4mg / Day Average) taken with a lot of fat for opt. absorption.

But i have not decided that yet..

I took 20mg every 4 days a while back for maintainance (no side effects whatsover, only slightly dry skin (moist. took care of that), no dry lips,no eczema,no dry scalp,no headaches,no nosebleeds, no change in lipids/bloodwork) - before that i took 20mg till my mild facial acne cleared. (I only have problems on my Forehead - nowhere else - i hate it!)

Then i went off the tane and was clear - then i took some Testosteron and after stopping the cycle i developed mild facial acne again (and again only on my forehead - everything else=clear )

So now im thinking about doing a microdose-course again - like 20mg every 5-7 dasys (2.5-4mg / Day Average) taken with a lot of fat for opt. absorption.

But i have not decided that yet..

Well... I'll also take every 4 days or maybe 3 if I could tolerate it better in a future but not more frequent than that. The second dose was bad for me unfortunately. It's Tuesday and my organism it's not completely recovered. I'll try to take the drug tomorrow or at least each 5, 6 or 7 days but I'll never abandon isotretinoin up to the SMT D002 release.

Theorically the half-life of the 4-oxo-isotretinoin, the main drug metabolite is from 10 to 50 hours up to 90 hours with a big dose of 80 mg. But at the same time the text says (from Roche, year 2004) it stays in the body without decreases for 7 days.

I hope you know a bit of Spanish:

http://www.iqb.es/cbasicas/farma/farma04/i026.htm

Bye ;)