Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pandaboy

Do u find this embarrassing?

Does anyone else find it completely embarrassing going to the Chemist and buying acne products?? I just find it extrememly awkward going to the counter and feeling really embarrassed (especially when I am having a horrible breakout) purchasing products like BP. I just hate having to talk about it, even if it's just the retail attendant or the Pharmacist telling me the directions on how to use it. . . or the awkward moment when you can just tell you know what the cashier is thinking. I know this sounds trivial but that's just how I feel. . .

I find it so embarrassing I have resorted to purchasing stuff online instead. I know people buy Dan's stuff online, but do people buy online for the same reason as me, as to avoid having to go to the shops?

BTW FUCK YOU acne for ruining my life.

Nope. I don't give a damn about what the people working there think about my skin. Besides, they see all kinds of people with different embarrassing illnesses every day. Last time I was at the Chemist I had a long conversation with three different pharmacists in the store about acne products and made mostly them embarrassed 'cause they couldn't answer my questions. As for the customers staring at you when you purchase things... they are usually 60 or beyond death so who cares.

I love your posts :) you make me more confident about things.

You only think you know what they are thinking. Before I got acne I wouldn't even notice that people had acne, I mean I would see it, but I wouldn't think twice about it, or be disgusted, or start to feel sorry for them, or any of the above.

Having acne simply makes you paranoid beyond understanding.

To answer your question, I also feel slightly awkward, possibly even embarassed when buying acne products, but most of the time I don't show it. All the awkwardness is definately not mutual. Chances are that you won't have to see the person again in your entire life.

Nah, I don't find it embarrassing to buy acne products. I actually personally know the people in the pharmacy since I was a kid, so I chat to them while they ring up my medication. Really, they see tons of people a day and don't care what medication you are purchasing.

As for simply buying things in the checkout...nah. We are all humans and I'm sure the cashiers see some interesting things, your acne products wouldn't even be a blip on their radar. No worries!

Does anyone else find it completely embarrassing going to the Chemist and buying acne products?? I just find it extrememly awkward going to the counter and feeling really embarrassed (especially when I am having a horrible breakout) purchasing products like BP. I just hate having to talk about it, even if it's just the retail attendant or the Pharmacist telling me the directions on how to use it. . . or the awkward moment when you can just tell you know what the cashier is thinking. I know this sounds trivial but that's just how I feel. . .

I find it so embarrassing I have resorted to purchasing stuff online instead. I know people buy Dan's stuff online, but do people buy online for the same reason as me, as to avoid having to go to the shops?

BTW FUCK YOU acne for ruining my life.

Don't let acne control you like this. You will probably be standing at the till for a max of about 2 minutes, just buy your products and leave.

Nope i'm not embarrased :]

Unless i was buying some tampons they i would be like stop staring at me dude 0.o...AWKward....

I agree, it is worse buying tampons if a bloke is serving.

Nope i'm not embarrased :]

Unless i was buying some tampons they i would be like stop staring at me dude 0.o...AWKward....

I agree, it is worse buying tampons if a bloke is serving.

Definitley! Haha usually I'm buying tampons, makeup, acne medication, and then Cosmopolitan.. if it's a guy, especially a cute one... oh man its embarassing :redface: