Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xXx

after popping...

after i pop a whitehead i get a continuous (slow) flow of a clear liquid. If i leave it and not wipe it off it ends up with the same white tip again as a whitehead. I have to stay there for like 5-10 minutes and continuously wipe off this liquid.

What is this clear liquid that pours out of my popped pimple?

does anyone else get this?

its only a small amount though

I know what liquid your refering to. It is stored in one of the layers of your skin, can't remember what it was called. If I don't keep wiping it, it just turns into a scab for me when it hardens. You can leave a piece of paper towel or tissue over it to absorb the liquid until the opening closes then pull it off gently so as to not reopen it. Putting some vinegar (diluted, unless you like a stinging sensation) on the piece of paper too to dry the spot out quicker.

I think this fluid is from your skin swelling from where you popped the whitehead. I get this too.

Gracey 8-[

apply some tea tree oil with a cotton swab onto the spot after you pop it.

tea tree oil is antibacterial and will dry up the spot quickly.

I think it means you havent gotten the white head out completely... If you only get clear liquid out then that whitehead is still in there.... You have to see a little ball of pus come out WHOLE and then blood/liquid will come out... it wont form another head after that.

missionary is right. I have noticed that if I get that clear stuff, I didn't get the solid core of the zit. It needs to be a clean process followed by blood. If you see that clear stuff, the pimple was not ready to be popped yet. It heals way faster if you get all the stuff out on the first round of popping.