Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, when you guys apply the BP, do you spread it around until it is fully absorbed onto your face(dried onto your face) or do you just spread it around and stop while its still moist? Also is it okay to apply AHA twice a day(day and night) ?

The BP gel that Dan sells takes around 20-25 minutes to dry (assuming you are using two pumps). You should only be applying the BP for ~5 minutes as you just want to make sure you are covering all the skin you want to, as well as applying an even coat. So, in short, you'll be stopping while it is still moist.

It is fine to apply AHA twice a day. Just make sure you wear SPF as your skin will be highly sensitive to the sun. If you find that twice a day is too much, you can always try applying it once a day.

the funny thing is, it dries up on my face in like 4 minutes ( i guess my face absorbs well) so i guess i'll be applying it for like 2-3 minutes max then, also i think im gonna go back to using AHA twice a day because my skin is getting more flaky now and also i grew two new pimples...

20-25 minutes? It shouldn't take that long...

It takes my skin about.... 10 minutes, max, for it to seep in. But I assume it's different for everyone.

20-25 minutes? It shouldn't take that long...

It takes my skin about.... 10 minutes, max, for it to seep in. But I assume it's different for everyone.

Same, about 15 minutes for BP to dry. I only apply AHA once a day and that seems to be enough, although today I am going to give my face a break from AHA. It's a pretty powerful exfoliator.

tflilal -

I'd be *extremely* careful about applying AHA twice a day - every day. Even Daniel Kern (the maker of this stuff) highly suggests to not use AHA twice a day. It is EXTREMELY harsh for your skin - that would be double exfoliation twice a day on your face. Ouch! Because you'd be constantly exfoliating your skin - you'd never give your skin a chance to heal/fully repair. It would be in a constant state of removal/turnover. That can leave it prone to irritation! Skin needs a chance to repair/build/heal! Here is his AHA videos talking about it: http://www.danielkern.com/category-s/20.htm (the videos are at the bottom).

He also has some great videos just about exfoliants and how strong they are, and what you need to watch out for: http://www.acne.org/blog/category/daniel-k...a-hydroxy-acid/

I was using AHA twice a day - every day - and started breaking out from it. I had to cut back on it once a day - at night - but I'd be really - really - careful about using AHA twice a day.

As for the BP application - I usually smooth my BP on - and just let it air dry. Excessive rubbing of the BP until it dries can irritate your skin - and cause more acne. The gel-like consistency is perfect for apply it to your skin - and just letting it air dry on it's own :)

Also - I've found that if you try to work with Dan's BP after it dries a bit on your face (or while it's drying) it will get a bit sticky and can start to clump. Best to just let it dry on it's own! Less rubbing and irritation - less acne!

I hope this helps!!!

Edited by Katrina Mae