Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newamy

I've never seen anyone with remotely similar acne to mine... am I the only one?!

Hey,

I just wondered if anyone else has the same kind of acne as me. I wish I'd discovered this site earlier as I've had acne for about 7 years and couldn't bring myself to seek treatment until I was 18 because I just felt like a freak and my confidence was so low! My dermatologist describes my acne as closed comedones and I suppose they are like white heads, but very small and hard and kind of tight against my skin, and squeezing them is a futile exercise...

Anyway I've attached my 'before and after/during' pics so if anyone else has suffered with similar looking skin it'd be good to know I'm not the only one. A year after first seeing a dermatologist it has finally improved through a series of antibiotics, spironolactone (usually prescribed for heart conditons?!) and isotretanoin (ruaccatane), but easily the most effective treatment in my case was the 10 or procedures of hyfrecation I had (kind of like cautery), which worked wonders even though the redness and burning made me despair at times. Thank god for the NHS!

I'm now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :)

post-93604-1232343365_thumb.jpg

post-93604-1232344803_thumb.jpg

post-93604-1232343365_thumb.jpg

post-93604-1232344803_thumb.jpg

Wow your skin looks great now! Congrats!

Is that phil defranko(sp) in your picture. He has a youtube show. Its pretty awesome.

SXE Phil.

Congrats :D .I think I have something similar to you mild enough that my Gp doesn't think another visit to a derm would be necessary. My last visit was years ago. A buttugly combo of closed comedones and clogged pores Is what I have, I think.

'10 or procedures of hyfrecation ' hey what exactly is this. The burning part sounds scary. Is this what helped out the small bumps? I can only flatten the bumps by squeezing out the white stuff out and would love to end this habit. My bumps are barely visible, and Ive been warned against taking roccactune , the thing is they are still there and bug me. If there is a safe way without harming my skin I may consider it. Im pretty sure that I have the same kind of acne that you had. Do you still get a few bumps now and then or has the NHS treatment completely goten rid of it? My understanding was that it can only get better by itself from inside and outside treatment will help but they will form again. sorry for all the questions. It really helps that you posted the pics,thanks. No one thinks I have acne, I think our form of acne is quiet rare and it seems that there arnt many helpful products for it.

What match did you go see?