Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_lacayo5204

Has anyone used grapeseed oil as a moisturizer/for scars?

grapeseed is one of my favorite oil :D. i wouldn't recommend it for dry skin though. comparing to jojoba oil, grapeseed oil is alot more lighter. i usually use it during the summer, and use it for essential oil fragrance blend. this oil, unlike others, is truly non-greasy in my opinion. when i use it to smooth my hair ends, it doesn't even look like i put any oil on it. i don't know about it helping with scars because i haven't use it alone on my scars. i blend in lavender essential oil with it and use it as a facial moisturizer.

no, it doesn't break me out. i use it everywhere on my body too. i've been using it during the summer for the last two years. hope it will work for you. i love it with lavender essential oil. :D

i have to disagree with poster above, it was far too greasy for me. it didn't soak into my skin well at all, and broke me out as a result.

that's just me, though

What would be another all natural oil mosturizer then besides grapeseed?

Coconut oil, jojoba oil.

What would be another all natural oil mosturizer then besides grapeseed?

i use olive oil, squalane oil, and sesame oil.

Hey cupcake...

There are a bunch of oil moisturizers that are supposed to be great with acne as well as scars...

Tamanu oil

Hazelnut oil

Argan oil

Watermelon seed oil

Baobab oil

Camellia oil

Marula oil

Rice bran oil

Apricot kernel oil

Macadamia nut oil

Avocado oil

raspberry seed oil

Edited by scarcrash

Camellia oil is very light. And there's rose hip seed oil which is purported to have retinoid like properties to help with pigment and scars.

And you can apply with wet fingers or to wet skin to apply thinly. I've used jojoba, olive, grape seed, almond, camellia and rose hip. The center of my forehead does get tiny clogged pores when I apply any of them there, but everywhere else, they all work great.