Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Golfer322

I'm a guy. How am I supposed to cover up my acne?

First of all, I'm a guy.

So...

What am I supposed to do to cover my acne?

I have to wait until I can afford Accutane, but until then I have to do something.

I hate to admit it but I have been wearing makeup to try to cover my acne (CoverGirl no less, as if this isn't embarassing enough). I've also tried tanning with little success. I just wanted to know, is there anything else I can do to try to cover my acne?

If I have to use makeup then I guess I will have to deal with it but is there any kind that any of you recommend?

And also, what is the best way to put on the makeup so that nobody notices? Because me knowing that I'm wearing makeup is bad enough. Having the whole school know that I wear makeup would be humiliating.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I just wish this acne would go away.

If only it was that easy...

To be perfectly honest, stay away from liquid foundation. Liquid foundation will NOT look natural, no matter how thinly it is put on. I can always tell someone is wearing it (though being able to tell and it looking good are two different things.)

Basically, I would look for mineral powder. It's not going to get you full coverage, but it will leave you less likely to get embarrassed, especially if some douche comes up and tries to rub your face.

Look for pressed powder. It'll be easier for you to apply without looking caked-on. Many drug store brands (try Loreal's Infallible Pressed Foundation) will carry what you're looking for!

go to everydayminerals.com... it is a really natural and light weight mineral makeup. you can get free samples of stuff before you decide to buy it. i use one of their concealers on my brother's acne and you couldnt even tell he had makeup on! if you need help picking out colors, ask your mom or sister (if you have one) or a close girl friend that wont let your secret out.

p.s. good luck getting accutane. thanks to accutane, im finally clear and happy with life!

yep, EM! order the sample kit like she said so you can find the right color for you. whip some of the powder up with your moisturizer and you won't look as bad. you won't get as much coverage as powder alone but no one will be able to tell you're wearing makeup. use the intensive formula if you decide to mix w/ lotion

hey there's a website that sells this thing called the everything pencil. I ordered it, its not too spendy and works really good for covering blemishes, it only does so much on active zits that haven't been popped yet but on the red blemishes left over the thing works wonders! just try to google "the everything pencil" or somethin it should come up

I wouldn't wear makeup if i were a boy...sorrys but its just that if u and your buddies ruffhouse and then your makeup comes off what then or if your gf and u kissed and your foundation rubbed off on her or her clothes....sorry >.<

I say mineral powder makeup. It might take some practice to apply so that it appears natural. You need a good brush and you only use a very small amount.

And if anyone asks, just say it's a tinted zinc powder. It's good for your skin, healing, sun protection, etc.