Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genevieve_01

itchy rash caused by BP

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone else had this reaction to BP and if it means I'm allergic and I should stop. I'm only started yesterday and woke up this morning with a red, bumpy, insanely itchy rash all over my jawline. My skin isn't dry, it's gone all weird and inflamed and bumpy :-( What should I do?

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone else had this reaction to BP and if it means I'm allergic and I should stop. I'm only started yesterday and woke up this morning with a red, bumpy, insanely itchy rash all over my jawline. My skin isn't dry, it's gone all weird and inflamed and bumpy :-( What should I do?

I don't know if I am allergic, but I had to stop after using the regimen for 4 days because I developed what looks like a rash. My face is red, itchy and blotchy and has a million red itchy dots all over it that look like a rash. It's all bumpy and gross. I have stopped using BP a couple days ago but it's not getting any better :( Some people will tell you this is normal, I had a few people tell me to continue even though my face is horrible. I don't think a lot of people here know what they're talking about.

Hi,

I don't know if I am allergic, but I had to stop after using the regimen for 4 days because I developed what looks like a rash. My face is red, itchy and blotchy and has a million red itchy dots all over it that look like a rash. It's all bumpy and gross. I have stopped using BP a couple days ago but it's not getting any better :( Some people will tell you this is normal, I had a few people tell me to continue even though my face is horrible. I don't think a lot of people here know what they're talking about.

If you've still got that rash you should go to the doctor and get some sort of dermatitis cream. I got some for the rash on my jawline caused by following the regimen for 1 day. With the new cream, the rash cleared up in a day and a half. I think my skin was just too sensitive to have BP applied all over. I have been putting the tiniest amount just on the spots and lots of moisturiser and it seems to be working okay now.

Hi,

If you've still got that rash you should go to the doctor and get some sort of dermatitis cream. I got some for the rash on my jawline caused by following the regimen for 1 day. With the new cream, the rash cleared up in a day and a half. I think my skin was just too sensitive to have BP applied all over. I have been putting the tiniest amount just on the spots and lots of moisturiser and it seems to be working okay now.

I'm in the same situation now. So you continued to use Dan's products? How are you doing now?

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone else had this reaction to BP and if it means I'm allergic and I should stop. I'm only started yesterday and woke up this morning with a red, bumpy, insanely itchy rash all over my jawline. My skin isn't dry, it's gone all weird and inflamed and bumpy :- ( What should I do?

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#itch

Sounds like an allergy to me. I would discontinue it.

Its an allergic reaction to BP. that happen to me before when I tried proactive since they put BP in it. I had the same reaction, my face was red and bumpy and extremely itchy from it so I suggest you stop using it.