Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know, most probably everyone on this message board will think me crazy, but I noticed that those rare times when i'm clear, i find myself insecure whithout any acne, as though it has become a protective mask. 8-[ It's like i keep on worrying about how bad am i going to get it when i eventually break out. So most of the time I just prefer having my usual acne, because i know that everything is just how it always is. Yeah, ok i'm just stupid so i'll shut up now.

I hear ya. Sometimes I think it's because we sometimes use our acne as a defensive shield. An excuse if you will. If we ever fail at something in life we can blame our bad skin. But if it's ever gone, then we have to fend for ourselves.

We'll forever be behind the mask. user posted image

i dont know about all that, but yeah even when my face is clear, i still feel like shit, i dont know why i guess its the depression that sticks with you, for me atleast, i had acne from age 13 until just recently, im 17 almost 18, and i guess since i had acne for so long, and i still do get a break out every so often, is that i am always insecure and feeling down...

You're still in your teenage angst years. You'll always be down. wink.gif Just kidding. Chin up!

lol jc, yeah chin up thats what i always say now. like that one time i tried to grow facial hair to be more mature, but i had patches on one side of my jaw, lol this girl said i should wait to grow a beard until i was older so my beard wouldnt have patches, but i said 'fuck you bitch, yeah i have patches, IM MATURE' lol good times, but now i have a clean shave. any way, my depression is weird, it hits me like once or twice a week, and even now that my skin is completly clear, i still get depressed and pissed off. oh well DANCE BITCHES biggrin.gif/ :-({|= biggrin.gif/ :-({|= biggrin.gif/

I don't like having a beard. But for some...it's good to be hairy. user posted image

Hmm whenever am clear, i feel life is WONDERFUL! i get really cocky too biggrin.gif/

Hmm whenever am clear, i feel life is WONDERFUL! i get really cocky too  biggrin.gif/

Hmm whenever am clear, i feel life is WONDERFUL! i get really cocky too  biggrin.gif/

I, for one, think that we're better off for having these conditions that humble us.

Lol, ](*,) That even confused me then, I kno what i meant #-o

But yes, I were meant to say....im not so judgemental on looks nowdays

Guest Brandon
Lol,   ](*,)   That even confused me then, I kno what i meant  #-o  

I wouldn't go as far as saying "I'm glad" i got, but i kno where your coming from.

Like you, I've learned alot about myself...And that Includes the not so good points. Example....Judgemental on peoples looks.

But yeh i also want it to GO! now.

It certainly does open your eyes more tho,which for sure makes you a better person.

i'm not sure about acne making me a better person...

i mean i was never a conceited person. maybe it has made a bit less shallow.

however, acne seemed to have robbed so much out of my life. not only my social life. but my emotional and mental energy. how many hours do you guys spend worrying/obsessing over your acne, and browsing through these boards?? all this time couldve been spent on something far more productive, such as reading and educating ourselves on issues other than skin.

having acne and all this knowledge aobut it doesnt really enhance my personality... when i meet someone new and they want to find out what i'm all about, what do i share with them? my knowledge of acne?

i don't even know what i'm passionate about life anymore because one of my main concerns is ridding myself of acne. i've spent so much time and energy trying to clear my face that having clear skin is my passion... it is my quest in life. isn't that shallow?

Guest Brandon
i'm not sure about acne making me a better person...

i mean i was never a conceited person.  maybe it has made a bit less shallow.

however, acne seemed to have robbed so much out of my life.  not only my social life.  but my emotional and mental energy.  how many hours do you guys spend worrying/obsessing over your acne, and browsing through these boards??  all this time couldve been spent on something far more productive, such as reading and educating ourselves on issues other than skin. 

having acne and all this knowledge aobut it doesnt really enhance my personality... when i meet someone new and they want to find out what i'm all about, what do i share with them?  my knowledge of acne?

i don't even know what i'm passionate about life anymore because one of my main concerns is ridding myself of acne.  i've spent so much time and energy trying to clear my face that having clear skin is my passion... it is my quest in life.  isn't that shallow?

Lol,  ](*,)  That even confused me then, I kno what i meant  #-o 

Truth. I have learned a lot about myself and life in general because of acne. It's built character in myself and to tell you the truth....I'm glad I got it. It changed me, for the better. But now I want it to GO!!!!!!!! But, none the less, I'm a better person for it.

im the same, i get clear but stil go round looking at the ground cause i just feel the same anyway,

and always think it wil get worse when it finally does appear again anyway