Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lauren marie.

I give up. My skin has hit its all time low. [pictures]

before I just had acne scars on the sides of my cheeks. now i have under the skin bumps and its disgusting. my pores in that area of full of crap and my skin has never ever been this bad. i just don't know what to do anymore. it itches, its red, it hurts.

this is my lovely face, not:

post-93487-1232252173_thumb.jpg

post-93487-1232252188_thumb.jpg

post-93487-1232252229_thumb.jpg

my no means whatsoever do i ever go out of the house without makeup. but now even with makeup the bumps are still noticeable. i look at the condition of my skin and cry. please help me.

post-93487-1232252173_thumb.jpg

post-93487-1232252188_thumb.jpg

post-93487-1232252229_thumb.jpg

Have you tried exfoliating products, or acne gel? Or any kind of salicylic wash?

I've tried exfoliating products, acne gels, salicylic washes, everything. NOTHING helps. I just want clear skin :[

Guest This Is Bad

Try "Acne Free". And Acutane Or Minocyline. I've Been Using this, And i Like The Results. Acne Free Is Lke 19 Bucks and is like Proactive.

But I'm Not Sure If it's The Antibiotic Monoclyine or the Acne Free that MAkes My skin Dry And Blochy.

:naughty: But Remember To ALways Be Gentle When Applying Any Creams Or Face Washes.

Hi,

I think the best thing you can do for acne once you've tried all the over the counter products is to visit a dermatologist. Some family doctors will also treat acne if you prefer.

Personally, I've found that the prescriptions I get from my dermatologist work way better than anything over the counter. One thing that worked great for all of my acne that wasn't under the skin was a combination of Differin and Benzaclin topicals, along with minocycline daily.

Before that I was just using benzoyl peroxide from the store - the difference in results from OTC to prescription was huge.

1. make an appt with a derm, you need to see a doctor at this point

2. do not use any products with scrubs in them, right now your skin is inflamed and tender

3. mild cetaphil wash with neutrogena clear pore toner

4. oil free moisturizer and oil free 15spf sunblock

5. mild glycolic cleanser every other day

6. you could do some bp at night, but i think it might be too harsh for you right now, i dont suggest it.

7. doctor should also give you some injections into the bigger cysts to reduce them, that works great

keep this up for at least 8-12 weeks, you will not see immediate results but you will see results. you may also need some kind of oral medication just to get the inflammation down, the derm will do this for you.

I'm not just saying this, but you're very beautiful. You have a very unique look about you and I love your eyes and skin tone, acne or not, you're really pretty.

so far all these replies seem to hit the spot: see a derm, take a close look at your diet, and try not to feel too bad because you are very pretty :) do you let your hair touch your face? i used to always have mine on my face and started breaking out around the same area you are. it helps a lot to keep that from happening. other than that, just remember that it could always be worse so try to keep your head up. i remember that for so long my skin wasn't that bad but i was so depressed about it and now that my skin has marks and blemishes all over i regret not just being happy to be alive and breathing and appreciating the parts of my face that weren't breaking out. focus on the clear parts of your skin :) keep in mind that a year from now your skin is going to be clear and this will be much less significant than you may think. good luck :)