Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
titosmommy

Update on salicylic acid

I posted a similar post awhile ago. I suffer from closed comedones and have been searching for a cure. I tried a 2% salicylic toner pad and found the pad scratchy and it caused me to suffer 2 major cysts. Maybe it was too strong? So I switched to Neutrogena Clear Pore Toner with salicylic and glycolic, maybe its milder, i cant find the percentage of salicylic. But, after at least 4=5 days on this, I havent broken out and it seems like the closed comedones are flattening out a bit. So I will continue with this. Just thought I would post this for everyone. I will continue to use and keep letting everyone know.

Okay, I just switched to a new toner from Coren Cosmetics that has fruit acids in it and glycolic. It contains a lot of botanicals and no alcohol. The neutrogena has alcohol in it and alcohol can cause inflammation. I will continue to update this and let everyone know how this works.

Have you tried the Neutrogena 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment? It seems to be one of the better BHA products on the market - appropriately PH balanced, and also soothing to the skin. I've been using it to spot treat a few stubborn clogged pores that don't seem to respond to my other products. I can't give a full evaluation of how effective is for me, as i haven't been using it very long and I only spot treat with it. But, it hasn't dried out the areas I am using it in and it goes on really smoothly.

I have seen some very positive reviews of it here, on makeupalley.com and on Paula Begoun's Beautypedia website.