Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bringing black licorice soap into the regimen, amazing!

Now I know soap is said to be bad and drying for your skin but ever since i started using this black licorice soap my friend introduced me to, my skin has been clearing up really fast.

I'm a 21 year old male who has been suffering with acne since the age of 15 and I can't believe my face is this clear now..

My regimen:

Morning:

- wash face with black licorice soap, leave lather on for 2 minutes, rinse

- wait 5 minutes

- apply a generous amount of Dan's BP

- wait 10 minutes

- apply complex 15 therapeutic face cream or neutrogena healthy skin face lotion SPF 15 if I'm going to be out in the sun

Evening:

- wash face with black licorice soap, leave lather on for 2 minutes, rinse

- wait 5 minutes

- apply a generous amount of Dan's BP

- wait 10 minutes

- apply complex 15 therapeutic face crea

- wait 10 minutes

- apply Dan's AHA gel on to blemish spots

Daily:

- vitamin c

- zinc

- omega 3

Once a week:

- Aspirin mask with honey

Other tips:

- wash pillow cases once a week

- eat more veggies

- drink a lot of water

- in the shower, wash your face AFTER you shampoo.

- pat dry, designate certain areas of your towel for drying of your face/body/ hair

- dont touch your face

I've been doing this for the past 2 weeks and my skin has turned around completely. I think what is happening is that the black licorice soap mildly exfoilates my skin allowing the BP to sink in better. Everytime I wash my face with the licorice soap, i can literally see dead skin shredding off. When this happens, i dont try to peel it off, I just pat dry with a clean towel and apply BP in the next 5 minutes.

You guys seriously need to try this. The licorice soap I use is made from all natural ingredients, if you want to know where I purchase it, just send me a private msg. Also remember to take the omega 3's and zinc (very important).

Coalface from Lush? I've been meaning to try that. I'm going to assume that's what you're using, if not feel free to disregard my next question. Have you tried Vanishing Cream yet?

the soap i use is similiar to godiva's licorice soap. i have a few friends that have used that with great results as well! And no, I have not tried any vanishing creams yet.

the soap i use is similiar to godiva's licorice soap. i have a few friends that have used that with great results as well! And no, I have not tried any vanishing creams yet.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. It's actualy just a moistuizer that Lush sells for acne prone skin. I was going on the assumption that your soap was in fact from Lush so I thought you might have given it a go. Anyway, glad you found something that works for you!