Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ms. Awesome

Inspired by a classmate with acne

Last semester, there was a young woman (about my age, 20 or so) in my Abnormal Psychology class. She had very severe acne (probably the most severe I have ever seen) covering every centimeter of her face... it was so red and inflamed and painful-looking that you couldn't see even a tiny speckle of calm skin anywhere on her face.

I admired her so much!

She didn't let it get to get the way my mild/moderate acne gets to me. She didn't try to shovel make-up onto her face and she didn't hide away. She was always contributing to class, asking questions, telling stories, laughing and smiling. She was so sweet and pretty and I was so amazed at her. When I get a break-out, I turn my face away from everyone and avoid any contact with people. :redface: Not her! She loved to talk with everyone and always looked so cheerful. I'm sure she gets down about acne like anyone else, but she didn't let it slow her down one bit.

Let her inspire us! :idea:

I have met people like this before too!! It makes me feel silly for worrying so much about my acne, because it really doesn't have to control your life! Thank you for posting this :]

I admire people like that so much. They're naturally really cool, accepting people as well. It's not hard to see why they're liked.

People like that are amazing. I mean, I'm Grade 1 acne. Which is like, 10 or less pimples on my face at a time. And it gets to me every second of the day! She sounds like a great person.