Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_lacayo5204

Does anyone else think water makes their face look worse? Or even washing it

I have nodular hormonal acne only on my jaw line and am really trying to go for all natural products, all natural soap, witch hazel toner and vitamin c drink, I recently went on Doryx antiobiotics and retin a micro gel witch I think the topical is making me breakout could be the initial breakout but who would want to risk that?

AnywayZ , when I wake up in the morning my acne is still their but no so red until I wash my face and it looks a little bit irrtated, has anyone has this happen? Also do you think its is possible to go without washing your face on my type of acne and not breaking out like crazy?? Thanks

post-93303-1232216322_thumb.jpg

post-93303-1232216322_thumb.jpg

Hey there, i think that happens with a lot of people, when you wake up and look in the mirror your skin doesnt look as bad but as soon as you wash it, then look in the mirror again its red and looks tons worse ¬_¬ haha, apparently its to do with oils on your face or something after you've been asleep. Some people have been trying a "Caveman regime" or something when they don't do anything with their skin or barely do anything, apparent those have been getting the same results or better than they were when they were using products. I think maybes us who are using things are maybes just scared if we stop using things we will breakout unimaginably bad. Its certainly cheap :P you just have to have the guts to try it i guess :boohoo: andd you could be having an initial breakout as the answer to your other question, you just need to try and have trust in some products and use them for a while and see what happens :).

it does...im gonna give the regimen another few weeks, and if it doesnt work well im ditching it totallly and just doing "Nothing" except soap when i shave every other day. When you wash your face for some reason it seems to make it more visible and then slowly is less visible as the day goes on. Very pretty picture btw

I have nodular hormonal acne only on my jaw line and am really trying to go for all natural products, all natural soap, witch hazel toner and vitamin c drink, I recently went on Doryx antiobiotics and retin a micro gel witch I think the topical is making me breakout could be the initial breakout but who would want to risk that?

AnywayZ , when I wake up in the morning my acne is still their but no so red until I wash my face and it looks a little bit irrtated, has anyone has this happen? Also do you think its is possible to go without washing your face on my type of acne and not breaking out like crazy?? Thanks

People who want to give the medication a chance to work.

Hot water is irritating. If you're washing with cold, that's better on the skin. A gentle cleanser (non-medicated) is also a good idea. Stop the witch hazel, it can be irritating, particularly combined with everything else you're doing. You might want to institute it later after you've adapted to the retin A. Retin a can take up to three months to work, sometimes even longer but the results are most certainly worth it.

Wait at least 10 minutes after washing before applying ANY topical to give your skin a chance to adjust. It really makes a difference.

Ice your skin twice a day, too.

Good luck.

oil always makes my face look worse. not only does it highlight hyperpigmentation, it makes my face look a little darker too.

I used to wash my face with cold water when i was in the early stages of getting acne and it controlled everything really well with the cleanser i was using. But then i've just gotten used to using warm water, theres nothing worse than getting up early in the morning when your cold (cus its always cold where i live) and having to wash with cold water loll but i think i may start doing it again.

Anddd yeah u do need to give everything a chance to work, it is worth it in the end =]. I'm going to start icing a little bit too, i've never tried that.

Thanks for the advice guyz ;) I really would like to see if my skin would react better if I didn't wash it, but how can you get it to feel clean and not dirty and oily especially after I work outside with little kids and my fitness classes you get oily after a while, I mean Im sure back in the dayz when BP didn't exist and neither did accutane or neutrogena, people didnt have acne like now.

btw I use cold water and then the redness eventually fades but still I dont want to irritate it, if anyone else is trying this let me know.

After my post yesterday i decided to wash with cold water last night and this morning and my whole face went red, most likely because the water was soooooo cold lol but it faded within a few minutes and overall my face did seem slightly better and less irritated as to when i use warm water.

Andd acne runs in one side of my family and some of the older ones like my aunties they still have to deal with very very mild acne and some still have the scars, they've just learned to live with it though. They would of never really had the products back then to use.

However my cousin went on accutane about 12 years ago and has been completely clear ever since.

I cant remember the last time i properly washed my face. If i use any products it makes my skin dry and feel irratated and if i use water on it everyday it also becomes dry and looks flaky. So i just choose to use nothing, maybe once in a while ill splash abit of water on it and i find i get better results from this than using anything.

I cant remember the last time i properly washed my face. If i use any products it makes my skin dry and feel irratated and if i use water on it everyday it also becomes dry and looks flaky. So i just choose to use nothing, maybe once in a while ill splash abit of water on it and i find i get better results from this than using anything.

What do u do when you shower? just like dont touch your face and avoid getting water on or something?

Just curious, i dont think i could go with just doing nothing to my face at all.

What do u do when you shower? just like dont touch your face and avoid getting water on or something?

Just curious, i dont think i could go with just doing nothing to my face at all.

I used to have showers but the water always used to get on my face and dried it out, plus for some reason i always used to get more spots on my back from having a shower. I have gone back to just having normal baths so i can avoid that.

I think after using products and cleansing your face everyday it can feel abit dirty to stop using anything, but it has defiently made my face feel better without using anything. I would defiently recommend it if you find that products dont help you or if they irratate your skin.

Hmm i'm the opposite haha i seemed to get more back spots when i had a bath so thats why i constantly shower now.

I never use products anywhere else on my body apart from my face and my face is the only area with problems |: i just dont think i can get out of the routine i've been in for the last 6 years of cleaning my face. I just feel dirty if i dont wash my face. I'm sure i will have to try this sometime though and see what happens =]

Have you considered allergies? Just saying because people here are always claiming that acne on the jaw means it's 'hormonal' when actually almost all acne is related to hormones. Exceptions are causes like allergies or clogged pores from topicals or environment. And the cysts I used to get on my jawline were from a citrus allergy.