Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indoubtibly

Redness and moisturizer

Hey guys, I had replied in cottoncandi's thread but decided to start my own, the other night I tried this other moisturizer I believe it is a vasiline type I'm not 100% sure cause the label was ripped off, but I did notice it had some of the same ing. as DK's moisturizer, so I tried it last night and it only burned a bit on my pimples and this morning some of them where actually fading quite a bit but my skin was pretty dry so today I am going to try and use half of that and half the DK's moisturizer.

I'll get more into detail with my regimen later but basically it's the DK regimen so I was gonna ask though is a vasiline type moisturizer good to use on one's face? it has some aloe vera thats the only reason I am using it but it didn't burn like DK's moisturizer after the BP.

TIA.

Can anyone help me with this question? I found out it is a vasiline moisturizer which contains aloe vera, but it makes my skin really dry I found myself continuing to apply it throughout the day to make sure my skin wasn't flaky.

Anyone?! oh yeah this was also with mixing half and half DK's moisturrizer, doesn't burn as much and my redness seems to be fading but would still like some advice, if anyone can give any

i have a vaseline and it contains aloe vera and vitamin e..but to use vaseline as a moisturizer doesnt make sense to me cuz it may clog the pores..u can use it two or three times in a week..

if u have a different moisturizer,add one jojoba oil drop into it...it will help u a lot..

it said it was some type of moisturizer but yeah thats what I was wondering was the possibility of pore clogging my face is less red but I have had some more break outs so I think I will just switch back to everything DK and maybe even only use bp at night I'll see how my face is in a few days, I guess I'll get some jojoba oil aswell, thanks for the response :)

Thanks :D means alot I have no one around me dealing with what I am going through it's nice to have other people that understand.

I ordered some more supplies last night aswell as jojoba oil, I figured I'm gonna run out soon so might aswell get everything again lol should be hear in the next few weeks, in the mean time I switched back to the regular regimen and I can already tell today my face is feeling better then yesterday and it is slowly clearing up again, my chin area and jawline seems to be the worst hasn't been entirely clear yet but the majority of my face just had some blemishes and red areas (that I noiticed when my face wasn't red lol :lol: ) I did have a few pimples nothing I'm not use to, inbetween my eyes like at the top of my nose seems to be another bad spot, I haven't ever really had a problem there until I started trying to clear my face up, not just starting from the acne.org reg, from before with murad and proactiv it's doing alright now though.

I will push on though lol a clear face is coming I know it, hopefully I'll be completely clear by summer I am driving 36 hours to visit family and friends and last year I didn't look the best, again thank you for the kind words and the response ;) I'll keep this updated

I agree hopefully things look up, and thanks I try to be as kind as possible it can only bring out good ;) even though sometimes I think I am to kind and care about somethings to much but thats besides the point of acne and has to do with other things.

Anyways lol today my face is kinda bad I seem to have broken out pretty good been on the regimen now for over a month not sure exactly how long maybe a week over might not be a week over lol but I still get redness, my face was fairly clear around my chin still had breakouts but once that vaseline hit my face I had no more redness and no more burning but I broke out pretty bad, now trying to get clear again, face is red :( I don't want to go out I try to work by myself I just work on cars that I have to get ready to sell so I can do almost anything by myself unless I have to go grab parts but I want to be more social but find myself confined to being around just 1 or 2 close friends and my family, more less immediate family so not many people I feel kinda like a hermit :( I hate it but life go's on I had a friend tell me the other day that my acne wasn't that noticable before I started trying different products but ofcourse ourselves notice it the most so I guess maybe my disgust in this has just made things worse, I am tempted to go to a derm but want to give this a little longer to try, like say until I try jojoba oil and finish off the next supplie of this stuff can anyone else say that jojoba help subside the redness and burning or tingling at all?

I have heard good things for flakiness but only place for me really is around my eyebrows that gets flaky thats it, or so it seems.

Hopefully everything is going better for you calendula

hey friend i wanna also say something to u about moisturizer.if u buy a moisturizer for ur face,pay attention to its ingredients..

if u have flakiness or dryness around ur eyebrows or face ,it shud be an aqua lotion and it shud contain these ingredients: Squalene-butyrospermum parkii(naturel shea butter),aqua and cassia angustifolia(natural hyaluronic acid),dimeticone,ceramide.. these ones r vital for our skin and they really worked for me,i dont have any dryness on my face anymore..

i hope this will work for u... :pray:

Hey thanks for the reply, I'll have to take a look around for that, what product are you using for moisturizer? I noticed today I put on moisturizer without bp cause my face was almost as red as a coke can last night lol, but I still have a little bit of tingling not much but I noticed some. I'm wondering if this moisturizer just doesn't like my face, or I should say my face doesn't like it but I hate this redness :cry: it's funny how fast your skin can cahnge from being almost clear one day to complete crap.

thanks for your help, your the only one that seems to want to help me, and I thank you for that ;):)

hey ur welcome indoubtibly,i wish i had a fluent english then i cud write a lot of things in order to help u..

i use a moisturizer called ceradolin,i dk u if uve heard it before :think: ..i like it cuz it moisturizers very well..

r u sure tat u dont have a rosacea? do u take something orally for ur skin?

Hey thanks again lol and no never heard of it, I don't use anything other then the acne.org products..... for now anyways, what is rosacea? and just curious but where are you from

Hi thanks my birthday today yay! lol and I was talking with my aunt who deals with some skin stuff and said she doesn't think I have rosacea her friend she said had it bad for awhile.

Anyways I have still been trying this bp only at night and it does seem to help on redness but not so much acne still :( new pimples everyday it seems or one day I'll be ok it will start to clear up and then the next day boom more pimples, it's really annoying, I want ot go out and have some drinks but am kinda embarrased so I stay at home for now, I am starting to apply bp on the bad parts in the morning but only a little and then bp over my entire face at night

Well I think I may have found a way this regimen will work for me.

I still have some redness but not like a lobster from before lol, what I do is in the morning I cleanse my face, put the bp only on areas where it's bad and then wait 20 minutes or so and apply a very thin layer of moisturizer to my face, it seems like my skin is really oily so I have some jojoba oil on the way with other stuff also, now near night time I tried 2 days where I never used moisturizer but it kinda bothered me and my skin got real flaky so I put a pump or so on my face of bp after cleansing and softly rub it in and then wait 20 - 30 minutes and then a very very light amount of moisturizer and my skin seems to be clearing up, not many if any new break outs I can see alot of scars from before when I use to pick alot. Does anyone think that what I am doing is bad in any way? or does it make sense that maybe my acne was flaring up more was becuase it was just to clogged and oily?!

Ok well just a few days ago I receieved my jojoba oil and more supplies, now I don't use much moisturizer so I only put about 2 or 3 drops of jojoba oil with it and mix it up a bit in my hand before applying, I noticed it makes my skin look kinda shiny and makes it feel oily, is this normal? and is this going to cause any problems? for instance clogged pores or cause more breakouts in any way? my skin seems to be doing alright I mean I am still getting breakouts and since starting this a few more pimples then usual between or around my eyes, pretty embarrasing but I try to shrug it all off, if people don't like me they don't like me, I don't care they don't have to look at me lol it helps me through my day also, until the morning or night comes when I am washing my face hoping for that one clear day lol, but yeah if anyone can help me with the application of jojoba oil or how I should be using it, with or with out moisturizer and stuff like that, that would be awesome thanks! :D