Aczone

MemberMember
(@l3br0n23)

Posted : 01/17/2009 10:41 am

I've been hearing GREAT stuff about this and want to get it when I go to the derm ina bout 2-3 weeks. I know it's new in the US, but has anyone had any long-lasting sucess with this? Does it fade red marks and clear clogged pore pimples? I'm currently using RAM at night.

MemberMember
(@sandrak)

Posted : 01/20/2009 4:32 am

I'm wondering the same thing too. Also, how gentle is it? Is it more or less irritating than Tazorac? My daughter was on that for awhile and her face was a mess.

MemberMember
(@l3br0n23)

Posted : 01/21/2009 9:46 pm

So her face got worse?

MemberMember
(@sandrak)

Posted : 01/22/2009 4:10 am

So her face got worse?

Her face is just so sensitive. It was red and irritated. Tazorac also didn't seem to help her acne either.

MemberMember
(@unsure07)

Posted : 01/22/2009 11:17 am

I have aczone here i used it for about a week.to me its really no better than retin a micro.but maybe for you it would work better.so maybe give it a try.let me know if it works for you keep us posted ok.thanks and good luck.

MemberMember
(@l3br0n23)

Posted : 01/24/2009 12:09 pm

Well Retin-A has cleared the breakout on my forehead that was a lot of little pimples. My face is looking better after a month plus. I just have little red marks on my cheeks and forehead.

MemberMember
(@palinjindal2012)

Posted : 01/25/2009 11:10 am

I'm currently using Aczone for my back. I dont know about any success with that yet but I've only used it for a little while. It works really really good for inflamed acne however.

MemberMember
(@cc2275)

Posted : 01/27/2009 7:52 pm

I am using Aczone now. Not sure if we have the same kind of case but I am in my 30s and have chin acne. The rest of my face is clear but my chin is covered with cystic acne. My Derm thinks it is hormonal but even when on birth control, I still got the same kind of acne (but not as many). It has come back almost worse than it has ever been.

I have been on Doxycycline (Doryx 150) for 3 weeks now and just started the Aczone a week ago. It is a MIRACLE. Within 2 days the redness and inflammation were almost gone. No stinging after the first application. I have been on it a week 2x per day and my chin is quickly healing. No new acne and the ones that were there for 3-4 weeks (even on the Doxy) are markedly less inflamed and I would say are almost gone.

I was very skeptical about this drug as it is new (in the topical form at least) but it has worked better than anything else I have used (retin-A, Tazorac, benzaclin, Clindamycin topical, etc). And no side effects. Other than the normal moisturizer ( I have been using Jason's Aloe on my chin), I have had no peeling or dryness.

Hope this info helps.

MemberMember
(@unsure07)

Posted : 01/28/2009 5:18 pm

so ac zone didnt dry you're skin out?thats odd it did mine i cant put it on twice a day only once.

MemberMember
(@jay85)

Posted : 01/31/2009 10:50 am

Hey i just started using Aczone and i like the way it feels on my skin and all but i find my face being a little dry from the Aczone during the day and Benzaclin at night. Anyone know if you can put a moisturizer on top of the Aczone, or will that make it not work?

MemberMember
(@kmm10)

Posted : 01/31/2009 11:16 pm

HI, I started RetinAMicro January 8th and it has been helping my skin! I have clogged pours, so little bumps on my forehead and a little on my cheeks. Everything has come up, so I am just waiting for it all to finally diminish. I recently started Aczone, about a week ago, it has diminished my red marks, I have not suffered any peeling, and it seems to be working. I use it morning and night. I love both products, and have seen a major improvement in my skin. I hope this helps you.

MemberMember
(@unsure07)

Posted : 02/01/2009 1:07 pm

I was wondering the same thing.makes my skin dry tothats why i wanna do that like you.

quote:Anyone know if you can put a moisturizer on top of the Aczone, or will that make it not work?

kmm you're using aczone and retin at the same time?

MemberMember
(@acnemiracle)

Posted : 02/02/2009 5:25 am

hi, may i ask where you guys bought your aczone from? which country? i'am from singapore and i asked my derma and its not known yet here o.O wierd? is there possible website i can purchase it.please reply i am really eager to try this great product out thanks

MemberMember
(@unsure07)

Posted : 02/02/2009 12:42 pm

hi, may i ask where you guys bought your aczone from? which country? i'am from singapore and i asked my derma and its not known yet here o.O wierd? is there possible website i can purchase it.please reply i am really eager to try this great product out thanks

aczone is in the usa.its ok i guess but its not working for me they way i want it to.but they do have a web site.its new i think its only been out a few months.heres the link to the aczone web site.aczone web site. You can only get it from a derm.

MemberMember
(@l3br0n23)

Posted : 02/02/2009 9:53 pm

Thanks guys!

I went to the derm today, and he wants to put me on Accutane since my acne is as stubborn as I am . The other alternative was Aczone, but I think Accutance will keep me clear for life. It's just a big investment for me, as I'm only a teen.

MemberMember
(@cc2275)

Posted : 02/03/2009 9:10 am

so ac zone didnt dry you're skin out?thats odd it did mine i cant put it on twice a day only once.

I talked to my Derm and they said yes, you can put moisturizer on top of it.

I have been waiting 30 minutes before putting moisturizer on. I have been using Jasons Organic Aloe as a moisturizer....it has helped with the inflammation as well as moisturizing.

MemberMember
(@la_sf)

Posted : 02/06/2009 8:53 pm

Hello all-

I have been a long time reader, but decided to speak up.

First a little history: I started breaking out late junior high and early high school. Started using some over the counter face washes etc, but then decided to go to a dermatologist. I tried many things with her, but didn't have much luck (probably mostly hormone related).

Things I tried: benzamycin, clindamycin, differin and oral antibiotics (and probably others I don't remember now). Long story short I was prescribed Accutane, but did not want to start because I was going off to college at the same time. I was going to do it, but I'm glad I didn't after researching it more. 3 years ago was about the time I found the .org and started the regimine (w/BP). I had some pretty good results, but I would still breakout. A few weeks back I got sick of BP because I still got breakouts, it was a pain (clothing stains, etc.), and I was worried about prolonged use. So I quit everything for a little to let my skin reset. I then found a new dermatologist in the area around my school (I'm now a senior 21 years old), and asked about Aczone. She said she had just put some people on it, but doesn't really know how well it works because it is so new.

So what's the punch line? I've been on Aczone for almost a month and I have had no success. If anything my breakouts are worse. I get everything from blackheads to cysts. So for those of you who are doing great, thank your lucky stars. To everyone else, this might not be your miracle cure...

I am going back in to the derm next week to re-evaluate my Aczone use.

MemberMember
(@chipperk49)

Posted : 04/08/2009 1:34 pm

I would like to share my experience, although I just tried Aczone for the first time last night. I have already seen a drastic reduction in number and size of the acne on my face. I had struggled with cystic/hormonal acne in my early 20's and although my skin has never been great since, it has been doable. I hit 30 last Summer and in the last 4-5 months, all of a sudden the horrid cystic/hormonal acne resurfaced with a vengence. In that time, I have spent over $1,500 on injections, doctor visits, OTC topicals, light therapy, prescription meds (oral & topical), face washes, acne kits, etc. Some things seemed to make it better for a hot second but it always came back, sometimes with horrible side effects like dryness, flaking, huge pores. Although I have Kaiser and for whatever reason they don't cover it, I was willing to fork over the $165 (I thought, what's $165 when you've spent so much already). I washed my face as usual and applied the Aczone right after my light treatment (and American Idol). I woke up around 2:30 a.m. and just started running my hands over my face and could already tell that some of the deep (squatter type) cysts had come to a head so I went and popped them (I know, bad girl) and rinsed my face and re-applied the Aczone and went back to bed. The one's that I popped are virtually non-existent this morning and the others seem to have gone down in size. I went to bed with maybe 20 active pimples/cysts on my face and woke up with maybe 10, and again they were much smaller. Although I am still skeptical based on my history with acne "cures," I am hopeful and wanted to share my experience so that those who are afraid to try it or don't think it's worth the cost have some insight. Thanks for listening and good luck in your battle with the most horrible non-life threatening disease I've ever known.

MemberMember
(@dsrfgsertwe)

Posted : 04/09/2009 10:07 pm

aczone does not help non-imflammatory acne or acne scars. this is because it is not a retinoid, but an anti-infective (a very strong antibiotic). in a pill form it's used to treat leprosy and someone got the idea to make it into a gel to treat smaller-scale skin infections.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 04/09/2009 10:14 pm

Hey i just started using Aczone and i like the way it feels on my skin and all but i find my face being a little dry from the Aczone during the day and Benzaclin at night. Anyone know if you can put a moisturizer on top of the Aczone, or will that make it not work?

Yes you can but you should wait a half hour after apply the aczone before you moisturize

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 04/09/2009 10:19 pm

I would like to share my experience, although I just tried Aczone for the first time last night. I have already seen a drastic reduction in number and size of the acne on my face. I had struggled with cystic/hormonal acne in my early 20's and although my skin has never been great since, it has been doable. I hit 30 last Summer and in the last 4-5 months, all of a sudden the horrid cystic/hormonal acne resurfaced with a vengence. In that time, I have spent over $1,500 on injections, doctor visits, OTC topicals, light therapy, prescription meds (oral & topical), face washes, acne kits, etc. Some things seemed to make it better for a hot second but it always came back, sometimes with horrible side effects like dryness, flaking, huge pores. Although I have Kaiser and for whatever reason they don't cover it, I was willing to fork over the $165 (I thought, what's $165 when you've spent so much already). I washed my face as usual and applied the Aczone right after my light treatment (and American Idol). I woke up around 2:30 a.m. and just started running my hands over my face and could already tell that some of the deep (squatter type) cysts had come to a head so I went and popped them (I know, bad girl) and rinsed my face and re-applied the Aczone and went back to bed. The one's that I popped are virtually non-existent this morning and the others seem to have gone down in size. I went to bed with maybe 20 active pimples/cysts on my face and woke up with maybe 10, and again they were much smaller. Although I am still skeptical based on my history with acne "cures," I am hopeful and wanted to share my experience so that those who are afraid to try it or don't think it's worth the cost have some insight. Thanks for listening and good luck in your battle with the most horrible non-life threatening disease I've ever known.

uh oh, that sucks! Im losing my insurance on May 1st and I will have to switch to Kaiser. Aczone is the only thing thats been working for me

MemberMember
(@user102638)

Posted : 05/07/2009 8:16 pm

Wanted to throw my two cents in...

been on Aczone for over two months. (Have tried every prescription under the sun including Accutane, birth controls, Rentin A, antibiotics, etc.) My breakouts are generally my chin area, hormonal, and they have got a little bit worse since using it. I have had noticed absolutely NO improvement. It's nice that it's working for some, but it seems to be the same old story. Works for some, but not for me and others....

MemberMember
(@happy_days)

Posted : 05/11/2009 9:27 pm

I just got prescribed this and retin-a micro today (my first derm visit ever, after 6 years of acne.) I never wanted to use antibiotics, so I'm a little worried about trying this, but I might as well, since I already spent the money. My derm didn't say anything about waiting 30 mins before applying moisturizer, but it's probably a good idea anyway.

MemberMember
(@cc2275)

Posted : 05/31/2009 3:04 pm

I posted to another post when I started Aczone. I thought it was working but stopped shortly after becuase it seemed to make it worse.

I am almost acne free now from the following regimen. Note: I am in my 30s and this was only on my chin (hormonal acne). It was so cystic that they thought I had some sort of secondary infection.

For me personally, I stopped going to the dermatologist other than for antibiotics because they weren't addressing the hormonal component of my problem. I find it is REALLY hard to find a dermatologist who specializes in acne. I am not recommending not going to a Dermatologist but thought maybe some component of my regimen would be helpful to others....

•  

• Solydyn (Minocycline) for 12 weeks now. Takes 8-10 to see a difference. I want to stop these but want to wait until I am acne free for a few months.

• Birth Control Pill: on my fifth month (Ortho-Cyclen). I saw results at 4 months but did get better with each month that passed

• Bi-weekly facials (medical not spa): Salicylic Acid peels, Microdermabrasion (started this only when my skin was closer to healing) and Ultrasound. I use Rhonda Allison products exclusively: Beta green tea wash, Pumice scrub with Blueberries, Zinc Protection Cream and Cleansing pads after workouts when I can't wash my face right away. I also use the Skin Smoothing Gel and Blemish Serum. It is not a cheap regimen but it is working so it is worth it.

I also tried red and blue light treatments but it made it worse...from what I read these treatments seem to work better on mild to moderate acne and mine was too cystic...

So, hope this info helps someone...

MemberMember
(@lemonz)

Posted : 06/15/2009 8:28 pm

aczone does not help non-imflammatory acne or acne scars. this is because it is not a retinoid, but an anti-infective (a very strong antibiotic). in a pill form it's used to treat leprosy and someone got the idea to make it into a gel to treat smaller-scale skin infections.

I must have weird skin because the aczone has helped reduce some of my blackheads and closed comedonal acne. Before I was using the AHA + Glycolic Toner, some of my blackheads has gone away- especially on my nose.