Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NStocks

Back to the doctor's for oral medication ?

Hello, I'm new here

I have had spots ever since I was 13, but back then it was more like smaller pimples, eventually they cleared up at the age 0f 15. I have now turned 18 and I keep getting what I think are nodules, mainly around my jawbone, I went the the doctor's and he prescribed me with duac with 5% Benozyl peroxide. After using it for 2 months all my ' minor' spots and white heads disappeared, but now I'm on the 2nd tube I still keep getting huge red spots/lumps around my chin and jawbone.

Do you think I should go back to the doctor's or should i just live with it and accept that i will have spots.

My Routine

Morning - Wash with Oxy daily scrub and pat face dry with a clean cloth.

Sometime i will apply some cream such as clean and clear advantage.

I have just bought a new product which is oxy anti-spot balm because I have oily skin and it helps to prevent as much oil.

Night - Use the same scrub, or use St. Ives invigorating scrub or similar.

Apply Duac around my chin and jawbone.

This is really depressing me and I just keep getting more lumps which eventually turn bright red and it takes ages for them to go down.

... Any suggestions, will the doctor give me anything else. BUT I don't want anything that will make me break out...

I've being very patient and have being using Duac for 12 weeks now.

Thank You