Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NStocks

Should I go back to the doctor's ?

Hi,

ever since I was 13 I have had spots, but they are not half as bad as they use to be. After the age of 16, the spots around my chin area, which was mainly where all my spots were cleared up just about.I'm now 18 and I keep getting what I think are a type of cystic acne ( reading up on the net ) around my jawbone, they are kinda like lumps and there is no puss in them. I went to the doctor's in November last year, and he prescribed me with duac which has 5% benzoyl peroxide. After 2 weeks I noticed that the few whiteheads I had had completely gone, and even now I don't get that many.

After 2 months of getting the cream, i had to go back for a new bottle as you have to dispose of it after 2 months, but this time I went to see a different doctor ( I got the names mixed up... therefore didn't see the first doctor who prescribed me ). I have now being using Duac for about 12 weeks, and I'm still getting the odd spot, but they are bright red and don't go down until at least 4 days.

Today, I have 3 large red spots around my mouth, and one on my cheek. the rest of my skin is in good condition, and if the red spots weren't there than you wouldn't tell I suffered from acne... My neck. jawbone has almost cleared up but again, i still get a couple of red spots.

I wash twice a day with oxy daily scrub, or st.ives invigorating scrub,as this makes my skin look more radiant. I have recently purchased oxy anti-spot balm because i have oily skin and it helps to keep the oil at bay. At night i apply the duac to all over my chin area, part of my jawbone, and on any other spot that I have.

My doctor said that this should sort my spots out, but I'm still getting a few spots that look .

horrible and sore.

Should i go back to see me Doctor and see what he says, what would he offer me?

I have being very patient with myself and I'm becoming self-conscious of the red spots. ( I call in sick at work today because i couldn't face going out with this inflamed things on my face )

Thank you so much for reading this and hopefully giving me a answer.