Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dostoyevsky

Wow this actually works!

I know this method has probably been posted before but I just thought I should tell you guys what seems to be working for me. I only started doing it a few days ago and can already see an improvement.

In the evening before I go to sleep I press sellotape on my skin and then peel it off. I go over the areas with the worst red marks a few times. Then I rinse my face with cold water and without wiping my face, I wait for it to dry naturally. Then I generously apply organic jojoba oil. My skin feels super soft and the marks aren't as bad. It's early days yet but so far things look promising :)

I don't see how this will ever work

Why not? The tape removes the dead layers of skin without the need for harsh exfoliation, then the jojoba oil moisturizes and promotes new cell growth. A lot of people have found this method helps with their red marks and I'm already seeing an improvement after only a few days.

Did you leave the tape on? You're meant to peel it off immediately, just so the top dead layers of skin get stuck to it and are peeled off too. Then afterwards you put Jojoba oil on the clean skin as a moisturizer.

Damn what's with all the negativity? I doubt it's a coincidence, especially when the improvement has happened in only a few days after months and months of little to no improvement. I've also read it works for others too so it can't just be a coincidence.

As with anything I doubt it will work for everyone but it seems to be working for me. I haven't been exfoliating because it aggrevated my skin so this method does a great job at removing the dead skin. So if you're like me and don't exfoliate, this may just work for you.

It probably does work, but i don't think it's necessary to use tape. After a pimple, especially if you've been adding BP , salicylci acid, etc. to kill it, the mark usually has dead skin over it. Without any help it wouls gradually fall off on its own, but you can speed up the initial shedding of it. Using the tape is one way, but i think using a scrub, or spot treating it with AHA or BHA will do the same thing. the first few days it improves a lot because it's taking off dead skin that's like a scab you get on a cut, after that it improves at a slower rate.

This method has never done anything to help my acne, but I just repeatedly put on and rip off the piece of tape to safely, effectively and quickly get rid of flaky skin.

And you can find scotch tape in school/work situations, so you can do this pretty much anywhere.

I don't think it's actually helping with pimples but it's definitely helped with my red marks. I actually smiled when I looked in the mirror this morning... it's been a long time since my red marks have looked this good (faded in other words).

Yes they probably would have faded in time anyway, as is the case for most if not all red marks, aren't we all after all looking for a "cure" which speeds up the healing process? I really am shocked at how well this has worked. Keep in mind I've had these marks for over 6 months. I also much prefer this method to using scrubs... it just seems more logical to lift off dead skin rather than rubbing them off with a coarse exfoliater. I also prefer this method to putting chemicals/acid on my face, again because it seems like a far gentler and healthier approach.