Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

advice on blackhead and pore products

Hi,

I read many threads on the forum, and I absorbed as much I can--but I need advices on specific products (e.i., Paula's Choice Exfoliating 2% BHA Gel and Ultra-Light Sunscreen Spray Lotion SPF 55, and DHC's Olive Virgin Oil). I have a lot of blackhead on my nose (I know there is a ton of threads on this topic, but I just want to be able to upload own picture--so, I can get the correct recommendations) and couple of visible pores near my nose.

Here is my plan:

I am going to use DHC's Olive Virgin Oil to treat the blackheads on my nose. I am not really sure if olive virgin oil helps with minimizing pores. Beside the oil, I am using Cetaphil's daily facial moisturizer. I also take fish oil for my skin.

If virgin oil fail, then I will use Paula's Choice Exfoliating 2% BHA Gel and Ultra-Light Sunscreen Spray Lotion SPF 55 to get rid of blackhead and minimize pores.

What you think of my regiment? What other product should I use to take care of my skin? I rarely have a breakout, so that is not a concern.

Here is my pictures, taking in the sun--so I cringe

post-93251-1232166894_thumb.jpg

post-93251-1232166900_thumb.jpg

post-93251-1232166905_thumb.jpg

post-93251-1232166910_thumb.jpg

post-93251-1232166916_thumb.jpg

post-93251-1232166894_thumb.jpg

post-93251-1232166900_thumb.jpg

post-93251-1232166905_thumb.jpg

post-93251-1232166910_thumb.jpg

post-93251-1232166916_thumb.jpg

It's suck that no one reply. Well, I guess I will reply to my own post :rolleyes: I been using DHC Olive Virgin Oil for a week now, and I see minor improvement on my skin--it really make skin feel better. Too bad it is quite expensive.

That's where I have lots of blackheads, right in my cheeck area next to my nose. I'm thinking about making a mask I found on this forum to get rid of them.

Post your results, would like to see if it works.

I would just start with the PC's 2% BHA Liquid if I were you. I've been using it for three weeks, and I've had great results. I used to have some minor sebum plugs (kind of like blackheads but not quite) on my forehead and nose, and this has gotten rid of them, so my skin feels a lot smoother. I've read on makeupalley.com that if you use this for about a month or so, blackheads will soften/diminish and become easier to extract.

By the way, I don't notice any blackheads at all in those pictures.

I have used fish oil and DHC's olive oil for the best two weeks. My skins is improving--it feels more smoother. But I still have blackhead on my nose.

I would just start with the PC's 2% BHA Liquid if I were you. I've been using it for three weeks, and I've had great results. I used to have some minor sebum plugs (kind of like blackheads but not quite) on my forehead and nose, and this has gotten rid of them, so my skin feels a lot smoother. I've read on makeupalley.com that if you use this for about a month or so, blackheads will soften/diminish and become easier to extract.

Thank for the reply. I will try to use PC's BHA in the future if the olive oil can't remove my blackhead. I think the reason why you can't see my blackhead is because of the sun, and my blackheads are kind of brown (which is similiar to sunlight).

Update:

Fish oil and olive oil make a difference in my skin--it feels and looks better. But it doesn't help with blackhead. Also, if you concern about the size and price of DHC's Olive Oil--you don't need to be, because 1 bottom will last you for a three months.

hi i sent you a pm but incase you see this first then heres what i said:

i also have sebum plugs but they are not blackheads as such .. they are bascailly like tiny white/yellow-ish 'beads' and they are quite hard, if that makes sence lol .... is this what you had ?? ... i was thinking bout getting pc bha 2% to get rid ofthese . hopefully it will work.

thanks

V