Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uwoelliott

My Accutane round two log!

Hi,

I am glad that things seems to be looking up for you. I am also on 40mg and tomorrow makes it three weeks. SO, we are not too far apart in our course. I am wondering if my derm will up me to 60mg since I am experiencing an IB that maybe now slowing down in the number of actives I am getting per week. I am a bit worried about 60mg and the possible new side effects it could bring. What was your first course like (what dosage did you end up at?)

Oh right on! Im sure you'll be clear in no time. I would assume you will probably up your dosage after month one; that seems to be the pattern im seeing on this forum. On my first course, I started at 40mg and did my last month at 100mg!! And my skin was clear by then, it was kinda weird. The only real difference I saw in side effects with higher dosages was simply a more harsh version of the last (dryer hands, dryer lips etc.)

Day 35: Wow! My skin is awesome right now. only one small active spot, and everything else is clear. Im putting on less moisturizer these days, and have eliminated using calamine lotion (topical).

BEWARE OF ACCUTANE HANGOVER!! im usually pretty good when it comes to hangovers, but my hangover from last saturday night is still going! I still have a bit of a headache/dizziness. Very weird.

well done with the progress :dance: things are looking brilliant, heres to an acne free future!

Thanks!

Day 36: Two new pimples in the same spot on both sides of the face, up near top of cheek bone. They don't seem to have a hole lot of potential to become nasty lol, so im not to worried. I don't really have a lot to say these days; accutane finally seems to be doing its work!

Day 38: So i have had about 5 new spots jump up in the last few days, which kinda surprised/disappointed me. I guess I was expecting to be 100% clear way to fast. Keeping the skin from getting dry is helping though, as my face looks way less red. All in all, im still very happy with where im at, and looking forward to getting to where I want to be.

Day 41: Things are looking up! New stuff from a few days ago has all dried up and pretty much vanished; skin seems to be getting more clear each week. Small breakout of whiteheads on my back, but i don't care because people cant see it :dance:

Im going to try and stay away from alcohol for a little while, as my week long accutane hangover was absolutely brutal!!

Good luck to everyone with their accutane adventure!

Day 46: Skin is all clear except a small group (3 pimples) on my left cheek, which are drying more and more every day. Hopefully the worst is over, and I am close to the goal..

Im enjoying going out a lot more lately, having clear skin is such a huge confidence/esteem booster!

thanks! : )

day 51: took a step backwards since my last update, as i have had several breakouts that are pretty persistent in hanging around! skin is actually pretty smooth considering im on accutane, the cetaphil moisturizer is doing a solid job. hopefully this is just another phase on the way to clear skin!

Day 54: breakouts from several days ago have disappeared for the most part, and skin seems to be improving. only active acne is at top of side burns, and on bottom of chin. im trying to moisturizer as little as i can get away with, because it seems to make my skin a little more oily which feels gross

Day 61: WOO into month three! My dermatologist up'd me to a 60mg dose last Wednesday, which I was pretty pleased about. My face has been awesome for the last 5 or so days, with maybe 2 at the most active spots at a time. My back and chest are both 100% clear, and have been for about 3 weeks now. My dosage increase has resulted in a little bit of extra facial redness, but by now i have learned to control it via face moisturizer (my best friend on accutane lol).. Im feeling better about myself already :D

hope everybody else's accutane adventure is going well!

hiya i thought i would drop by i am the same as you i finished tane last may 2008 and had amazing skin so clear no spots for ages then in the last 2 months they are coming back i gotta go back to derm so got the docs appointment monday so fingers crossed i can have another go. they say some people need 2 goes on the tablets.

it seems like everything is going well for you im so pleased i too cant wait for that plump glowing clear skin feeling! i HATE spots with a passion it brings you down so much!

anyways good luck :dance:

hiya i thought i would drop by i am the same as you i finished tane last may 2008 and had amazing skin so clear no spots for ages then in the last 2 months they are coming back i gotta go back to derm so got the docs appointment monday so fingers crossed i can have another go. they say some people need 2 goes on the tablets.

it seems like everything is going well for you im so pleased i too cant wait for that plump glowing clear skin feeling! i HATE spots with a passion it brings you down so much!

I seem to be in the same situation as both of you! I also had taken accutane from around Dec 2007 - May/June 2008. My skin was amazing, even during taking accutane. I was clear for up until about the middle of February 2009. But now recently I've been noticing my skin reverting back to how it was pre-accutane. I went to the derm this past Monday and was prescribed Tazorac and duac gel, without previously realizing I had used Taz with no help before going on Accutane last time. I called back the derm I visited on Monday and asked for accutane and she said that I could go a second round. I did my blood work today and have an appointment this Friday. It really sucks that we all have to go through this again. I even found it strange how fast my acne came back. Definitely really strange how that happens. But I am happy it wasn't a hassle to get back on it. I thought it was going to be.

Anyways, anyone know if the process to get back on takes as long as last time? I assume being on accutane previously you are already registered with IPledge so you don't have to do paperwork, etc? If someone could help with my question that would be great.

I would definately recommend it for both of you! I finished my first course may 07 and it started to come back summer 08. Went to see the dermatologist, tried some gels and antibiotics- but with no real success. Was on accutane the day after seeing the dermatologist!

For some encouragement, my first course results took a solid 100 days, while im almost clear this course after a little over 2 months.. if its bothering you enough to consider going back, I wouldn't even hesitate!

day 72: skin is feeling good! i drank a lottt this last week due to spring break, so i only took a pill every other day to give my liver a little break as well :D .. i still a few spots on both sides of my face, but the results are very good.

hope its going well for everyone out there !

day 77: amazing how fast time flys. skin is almost all clear, but facial redness and a few pimples in the process of drying make it seem alot worse than it is. For some reason, my lips are much drier then normal and my upper lip sometimes even peels! Must be due to the dosage increase. Overall im very pleased, but am getting nervous about the upcoming spring season and therefore more sun exposure! Man i hate that oily sunscreen :hand:

good luck to everyone!

day 77: amazing how fast time flys. skin is almost all clear, but facial redness and a few pimples in the process of drying make it seem alot worse than it is. For some reason, my lips are much drier then normal and my upper lip sometimes even peels! Must be due to the dosage increase. Overall im very pleased, but am getting nervous about the upcoming spring season and therefore more sun exposure! Man i hate that oily sunscreen :hand:

good luck to everyone!

yayyy for clear skin =] i'm so excited to reach that point, and i'm glad time is moving quickly for you!

Day 91: As if I start 4 months tomorrow!! The rumors are true; month three is definitely the clearing month. I have maybe 3 pimples in the last 3 weeks, and they are gone within a few days! My life has definitely turned for the better, as i have more confidence and self esteem. Just keep telling yourself that it will get better, and when it does, you will never look back! Best of luck to everyone out there, I hope for you the best!! :D

Thanks!

Day 99: Things are still looking good, except for one cyst style thing that has graced me with it's presence on cheek! One thing I would recommend other accutane users to watch out for is the sun; I am finding my skin extremely sensitive to the sun, and it quickly drys/turns red. I hate putting on greasy sunscreen, but it must be worth it.

Day 134: the last 3 weeks or so have been unreal; not a spot to deal with and nothing seems to be on it's way! It's nice to finally reach the clear stage that I missed so much forvthe last few years. Skin is still quick to dry and gets red pretty quick, but im finding more moisturizer and oil free sunscreen is the way to go around this!

Good luck to all accutane users are remember results are closer than you think!

Just thought I would toss in an update from more that a year later...

Skin was awesome all throughout the year, but my recent outdoor job in the sun seems to have picked up the oil production on my face..

Anyways, here is a results picture from a month ago!

Edited by uwoelliott