Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive not been around here as much recently for a couple of reasons, firstly i didnt have a working computer and secondly my skin thank goodness had been a lot better. I felt like i was finally getting my life back in order, and regaining some confidence. I've got an interview on monday for a new job and what goes and happens, massive cyst inbetween my eyebrows, to make matters worse ive been picking (cant help it when im half asleep in bed). I feel so low i feel almost physically sick, i dont know how they'll take me seriously at the interview with this huge monster on my face. Im just sick of this now, im 23 almost 24 and i've had this half my life. I reckon maybe if i just leave it alone until monday and put some sudocrem on it each nite it mite look a little better :rolleyes: Sorry guys, just needed to vent a bit. Any words of reassurance would be a big boost though!

I've been on a job interview, when having a huge breakout on my face. I was incredibly nervous, but I still got the job. Just show them you are talented and good at what you're doing. Try to forget the existence of the cyst during the interview and you'll be fine.

Cheers mate, its good to hear it didnt stop you gettin the job. I think the battle is with myself, i know i just need to act confident and do my best. If i get it, it doesnt start for 2 weeks so plenty of time for it to clear up! (fingers crossed). :)

Don't let it faze you. Just go into that interview and be confident. They are going to be judging you on your skills for the job, not your skin condition.

Here's a positive spin on it, if it's really bad, if nothing else, it'll help them remember you...it could be a blessing in disguise. I once interviewed for a job with a giant smear of lipstick across my teeth. Every time I smiled (which was a LOT) they saw this lipstick mark. LOL. I still got the job though. Just do your best :)

Good Luck!

Don't let it faze you. Just go into that interview and be confident. They are going to be judging you on your skills for the job, not your skin condition.

Here's a positive spin on it, if it's really bad, if nothing else, it'll help them remember you...it could be a blessing in disguise. I once interviewed for a job with a giant smear of lipstick across my teeth. Every time I smiled (which was a LOT) they saw this lipstick mark. LOL. I still got the job though. Just do your best :)

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reassurance, its much appreciated :) Luckily its not quite as bad as it was 2 days ago, but its still pretty obvious lol. Ur right, confidence is the key! Oh yea, and finding out how to get to the place where the interview is lol. I'll let u know how i get on.

So had my interview today, thought it went really well...managed to forget about my skin thankfully. They phoned me up and said they really liked me, but they were goin for a guy with more experience! Never mind...managed to get a different job starting next monday :)

dude i had an interview at a SPA SPECIALIZING IN SKINCARE!! hahahhahah thats laughable isn't it??? as a receptionist. and even though i CLEARLY have acne i still got the job!!! i think its kind of hilarious they hired me. i quit beacuse my boss turned out to be a diva biznatch though.

Draw attention away from the cyst, by saying you are a crystal meth addict.

Two words:

Be confident.

If you act normal, you shall do just fine. Although you posted this 15 days ago so I'm pretty sure you already went through the interview ;-).

If so, how did it go? :)