Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superhands

Best way to keep acne at bay ?

Yes, with an extremely low dosage of 5 mg of Accutane average per day during 3-4 months then a maintenance dose of a pill of 20 mg a week forever during the years you are live up to SMT D002 be released. I guess that's the better way at the moment and it's cheap. At least, that's the way I'm trying.

Au revoir ;)

dam why do we have to wait to 2012 for smt d002 we ned it now!

It's sad but the clinical trials on acne patients started since this year 2009. In the while, as I've said, isotretinoin 0.1 mg / kg for 3-4 months then a maintenance dosage of 0.03-0.04 up to the SMT D002 release in the end of 2011 or beginnings of 2012.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6233335

And don't follow the "remission dream" it'll never happend. I've taken 500 mg / kg without making that possible. Much people with second rounds on aggressive dosages also can't achieve it.

Bye ;)

For severe recalcitrant acne and cystic acne accutane is the way to go. I have been on accutane for three different periods of my life for about 4 months each time and finally no acne. I have to deal with the scars though. I wish started on accutane sooner. I was on all sorts antibiotics and it did not help much at all.

I don't understand why more people are not taking accutane. Of course, you have to commit to the regular followups and blood checks but in the long run it will take care of your acne.

I'd say kick out of your life everything that makes your skin react in any way. That would certainly kill the cause. Unlike all the regimen out there that is only aimed at killing the effect. ;)

maybe keep the affected area oil free so acne causing bacteria cant feed on anything which would lead to their death, so literaly; minimal oil=no bacteria=no acne..Ü

For severe recalcitrant acne and cystic acne accutane is the way to go. I have been on accutane for three different periods of my life for about 4 months each time and finally no acne. I have to deal with the scars though. I wish started on accutane sooner. I was on all sorts antibiotics and it did not help much at all.

I don't understand why more people are not taking accutane. Of course, you have to commit to the regular followups and blood checks but in the long run it will take care of your acne.

I took 2 courses of accutane. It did absolutely nothing.

Fortunately, I don't seem to have suffered from any of the severe side effects. And fortunately at the time, I had insurance that would cover the extreme expense of the drug, doctor visits and lab work. Doesn't make up for all the time wasted though.

You can go on birth control pills.

I think it's funny how people speculate on best ways to keep acne at bay, but shifting from one product to another, one drug to another, can just make the body worse in the long term. Yes, treating acne is one thing. But when you've been using SA or BP, and still have a breakout once a week, with 1-3 pimples emerging, maybe people ought to examine themselves and ask "What am I doing to myself?".

That's what I discovered 12 weeks ago, and am now 100% acne free.

The discovery: the body clock, and the digestive system. If you've tried everything, and are mostly cleared up, but still get a minor to moderate breakout on a weekly basis or so, then you owe it to yourself to check my story out.

Here