Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m16

scarring on my cheeks!

just a quick question.

what are some good ways to get rid of acne scarring on cheeks?

any suggestions are good whether they are at home things or like medical procedures!

thanks!

yes like weird red marks

it still looks like i have acne

but my skin is like flat and smooth feeling and everything. like theres no inflammation anymore really. only a bit.

any ideas how to make the red dots go away?

Are you on Accutane? If so, don't do any procedures to get rid of them (peels, dermabrasion, lasers etc) until at least 6 months after your course, b/c it could cause scarring.

It takes time for them to go away. Some people say that Aloe and/or Vitamin E helps to speed it up, there are also some oils they sell in drug stores in the skin care section for discoloration. You could always ask the pharamacist too. But make sure you are relatively clear in that area before you put anything on your face that could break you out worse.

yes i am on accutane.

and it has been six months and a bit now!!!

it seems like its taking forever

Hi! wow~

i have the exact same problem as you and i am trying my best to win the figt over the scars on my red cheeks too...i have very similar cheeks to you as well, alot of my acne is gone but i still have lots of scars and its red so it makes me look like i have acne :(

i have tried aloe vera and it helps a bit but the healing process is slow...

i have natural aloe growing in my back garden and i cut a bit off and put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes and just dab some of the gel on and it helps with the redness...

well i hoped that helped.. lol im really desperate in fighting over the scars left on my cheeks as well.. one thing, do u have scars or acne on your forehead at the moment? if you don't and only have acne on your cheeks, they're exactly like mine. :) although i heard that getting acne on your cheeks was something to do with your hormonal problems.. oh wells..hope it helped :)

ya!! its only on my cheeks!

no wheres else. its soooooo frusterating.

and yeah ive tried aloe vera. didnt do too much. just helped a bit on day to day redness but nothing to fully get rid of it!

hmm never heard about the hormone theory! know any more info on that? im interested. aha!

yes like weird red marks

it still looks like i have acne

but my skin is like flat and smooth feeling and everything. like theres no inflammation anymore really. only a bit.

any ideas how to make the red dots go away?

that is the exact same thing as me man. red marks that look like acne, but isnt acne - how frustrating is it!? skin is as smooth as it has been for years yet i still have these red marks. tried emu oil for a few weeks but didnt have too much success with it. might give bio-oil a try. you heard of any other good products?

noo not really! im looking for things but i havent really found anything that worked!

sorry!