Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brenton B

"Diet isn't related to acne..." Bullcrap! Here is my proof!

brenton..have you ever tried 3 day juice fast (green fresh juice) ? it means you only drink liquid and do not consume any solid food...did you feel your acne worse after 3 day juice fast ? because 3 day juice fast is also part of detoxification...

I know this thread is old, but wow!! Great results Brent! You're my new inspiration.

Btw, does anyone know if I can have lemons/limes while on the candida diet?

EDIT: Well, silly me, I just answered my own question by checking Bee's site. :D

In case it interests anyone, she says we can have limited amounts of lemons and limes. Hmmm... I wonder if 1 a day in my veggie smoothie counts as limited...

Edited by NanaLove

I know this thread is old, but wow!! Great results Brent! You're my new inspiration.

EDIT: Well, silly me, I just answered my own question by checking Bee's site. :D

In case it interests anyone, she says we can have limited amounts of lemons and limes. Hmmm... I wonder if 1 a day in my veggie smoothie counts as limited...

It's actually recommended that you drink the "Electrolyte drink" with each meal, which is the juice of half a lemon(or a whole lime), 1/4-1/2 tspn sea salt, and water- to aid digestion and get in some minerals/electrolytes. I add a lot of salt to my food so I just have 1 whole lemon drink with dinner since it's my biggest meal.

It's actually recommended that you drink the "Electrolyte drink" with each meal, which is the juice of half a lemon(or a whole lime), 1/4-1/2 tspn sea salt, and water- to aid digestion and get in some minerals/electrolytes. I add a lot of salt to my food so I just have 1 whole lemon drink with dinner since it's my biggest meal.

Ahh this is helpful, I love lemoned water! thanks very much!! :wub:

Hey did your acne scars/marks fade and how long did it take to fade?

once you stop getting new acne, the scarring left over looks like pink colored skin, and that takes awhile to fade and heal, but it was definitely less than a year with the use of anti-scarring creams and such.

as you can see (somewhat) in this photo, i still have depression scars in my cheeks from having acne:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...6_8125241_n.jpg

here are some updated photos of my life at the moment:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/v5pr...9_7340351_n.jpg

unspiked mohawk (it lasted a week while i was having fun with buzzing my head):

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...8_7898632_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...4_8192296_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...4_3081085_n.jpg

buzzed head:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...8_1152261_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...3_6895310_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...4_5518293_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...7_1703179_n.jpg

also, i grew a beard for a friend's wedding, and i've just kept it since because i could never grow a beard in the past, but for one reason or another, i'm able to now. i never knew how much red i had in my hair until now because when my skin was bad, i'd never spend enough time in the sun to let it lighten my hair.

Edited by Brenton B

Hey did your acne scars/marks fade and how long did it take to fade?

once you stop getting new acne, the scarring left over looks like pink colored skin, and that takes awhile to fade and heal, but it was definitely less than a year with the use of anti-scarring creams and such.

as you can see (somewhat) in this photo, i still have depression scars in my cheeks from having acne:

here are some updated photos of my life at the moment:

unspiked mohawk (it lasted a week while i was having fun with buzzing my head):

buzzed head:

also, i grew a beard for a friend's wedding, and i've just kept it since because i could never grow a beard in the past, but for one reason or another, i'm able to now. i never knew how much red i had in my hair until now because when my skin was bad, i'd never spend enough time in the sun to let it lighten my hair.

What kinds of anti acne scar creams did you use?

i used mederma for awhile. there are cheaper generic brands that you can find that have the same ingredients for almost a third of the cost.

i used mederma for awhile. there are cheaper generic brands that you can find that have the same ingredients for almost a third of the cost.

Works for PIH too right?

Works for PIH too right?

PIH? I don't know that acronym, and I couldn't find info about any health related issues regarding "PIH" on the internet. what does it stand for?

If you're interested in starting the anti-candida diet, I strongly suggest reading through http://healingnaturallybybee.com/.

The site's webmaster, Bee, is a WEALTH of information, and I'm eternally grateful for her. The purpose behind Bee's diet (anti-candida) and supplements is to help build up the immune system. This is what Bee's program is really about-- it's about strengthening the immune system so that the body can turn candida back into the friendly organism it's supposed to be.

I believe that acne, along with other diseases/ailments, such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, is due to candida overgrowth.

I've been on Bee's diet since April, and I haven't looked back once. I haven't had a single breakout, either. After my candida is fully healed, which won't be for another 22 months, since I'm 25, I'll start to reintroduce foods into my diet, such as fruits, yogurt, cheese, and certain breads (Ezekiel, sourdough, etc). But, for the most part, I plan on sticking to this diet for life.

do you realise you go on the diet for the amount of months that equal the amount of years you've had acne? eg acne for 5 years = five months

i dont you've had acne since you were born hahah

do you honestly think AHA is just as effective or do you think your surgical procedure embellished your results in conjunction with Mandelic Serum and Mederma?

This topic is amazing. Thanks so much for all the information and tips Brenton. I'm going to start using this regimen as soon as I go shopping! Congrats on your new skin, btw!

Hey Brenton... just wondering, why did you only start taking probiotics in the third month? I started taking them not too long ago and they've really helped with digestion and helping with proper bowel movements.

I'm like you, and trying to fix my diet, I take 2 shots of ACV daily, take a Multi-vitamin and Acnescript.

What do you think has impacted your results the most?

...smoking weed on the other hand lol. well i'm not suggesting that you should smoke herb, but if you do, limit it to once a month. also, make sure the food you eat while suffering from the munchies follows the dieting guidelines! it's best to prepare a large chicken salad before smoking, so you don't forget or accidentally cheat by gobbling up a plate of delicious cookies sitting on the table in front of you.

HA...LOL!

So to update on my life: I'm talking to a recruiter about joining the US Coast Guard, but since I'm turning 27 in a few months, they'll only take me as a reservist, so I'm researching to see if it's still a decision I feel would be worth it.

I'm single at the moment (freedom!), and I'm exercising regularly by lifting weights, cycling, and running. I'm currently at 155 lbs which seems to be my max weight because I can't get it any higher despite my best efforts. I'm eating like a monster to get the 3.5k-4k calories I need, but it's just not enough to get me to 160 lbs.

halloween:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...9_1822056_n.jpg

new years:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...9_3960239_n.jpg

hiking in local mountains:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...2_7721390_n.jpg

celebrating my friends birthday: 1 bottle of wine got me good lol!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...3_3734198_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...7_5237138_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...2_4705931_n.jpg

Is pork okay to use as main meat?

pork is fine, and it tastes great too! as for using it as your main meat source, I wouldn't suggest it because it is a very fatty meat.

I wouldn't use processed pork products because they typically contain sugar, preservatives, and sulfates to keep them on the shelves longer. If you can find some good meats from your butcher or deli at your local supermarket, you'll be better off.

do you honestly think AHA is just as effective or do you think your surgical procedure embellished your results in conjunction with Mandelic Serum and Mederma?

the surgery did help a lot for smoothing out my skin, but I believe the mandelic serum + mederma worked best for reducing the pinkness of the scarring which was far more noticeable than the depressions that the surgery reduced. the AHA was far cheaper than the mandelic serum, and it seemed to be just as effective, so that's why I suggested it.

why did you only start taking probiotics in the third month?

What do you think has impacted your results the most?

I started in the third month because I couldn't really stomach taking them before that. I was already doing so much to fight the candida yeast in the first few months, and my body was reacting negatively to the effects of the candida die-off.

I'm glad you asked this because when I was working on my website, I realized how difficult this regimen was at first, and that it needed to be simplified to make it easier for the average person. I had friends with acne, so I asked them to try different supplements or dietary changes to see what gave them the best results, but most of them gave up after about 2 weeks :/

when I decided I was going to join the coast guard, I looked up what kind of meals they serve at bootcamp, and I noticed they eat a lot of processed foods and simple carbs, so I had a feeling I'd be breaking out again. I decided to start eating like I would at bootcamp, and after a month I had acne forming on my forehead, cheeks, and around my mouth.

I found this would be an opportunity to see what cleared me up the quickest, and I've boiled it down to 3 things:

1. Diet

2. Omega 3's (EPA & DHA)

3. Multivitamin

the antifungal, antiparasite, and various flushes in the beginning of the regimen are good for giving your body a clean slate to work with, so the process doesn't take as long and you'll see results more quickly.

when I was following my diet and taking the supplements, if I went out and had some alcohol or I'd eat a dessert with dairy or wheat flour, I'd sometimes have some acne afterwards, and it'd take me about a week or two to clear it up, and I'd be fine again as long as I didn't have any "cheat" meals.

earlier this year when I ate about a month and half of bootcamp type meals and broke out all over my face, it took me the past 2 months to clear up again by using diet, omega 3 supplements, and a multivitamin.

Did you finish making your website?

I finished about half of it, but I didn't want to release it without making sure I had it simplified enough that anyone could follow it if they truly had the desire to clear up their acne. It's basically an easier version of my original regimen, but I had to test it before I could claim it worked for me which is what I've been doing recently.

I couldn't release something with my face and my name behind it without making sure it was effective; there are too many "acne cure!" websites that are filled with bullshit that doesn't work, and they make money off of people with a seriously horrible condition. I fell prey to them myself when my acne was at it's worst: buying e-books, miracle pills, and subscribing to newsletters.

Once I dedicated about a year of my life to researching medical journals, various tips and personal testimonials from people through forums, and looking into the science behind how and why their methods worked for them, I felt it was time to give it a shot myself, and when I started seeing results, I knew I'd accomplished something great.

The majority of the information for clearing up acne is on this forum or in this thread, but it's scattered or difficult to find a set program to follow. My original regimen works, and it's setup in a way that's understandable, but I want to make it easier for the average person to follow. at the time I started it, I wasn't going to school or working much at all. I was just basically sitting at home all day researching, documenting my progress, focusing on what to do next, and trying to keep my will to continue strong when my body felt so sickly and weak for the first month or so. Not many people have that kind of time to invest, so I need to make it easier and effective for people who work full-time or go to school.

I think this thread is very misleading. Do you think maybe you should mention you did a course of accutane??

I did mention it. how else would you have known that I took accutane? lol I took it for 3 1/2 months my junior year of high school when I was 16.

unfortunately, it actually made my acne worse, and I couldn't finish the program because I developed a stutter, digestive issues, short-term memory loss, and an unknown bacterial infection occurred in a vein on the side of my cheek causing it to surface and scab over leaving a lightning bolt shaped scar afterwards.

accutane did nothing good for me, and I still continued to have acne despite my 3.5 months on it before my dermatologist took me off of it. thankfully, the side effects I had went away after about 4-5 months once I stopped the program.

here is a good question: would anyone purposely endure the intense regimen that I did in this post to clear up the occasional pimple?

the truth is, I was 25 with bad acne on my face, back, neck, and chest, and I can honestly say my short stint with accutane when I was 16 didn't play any part in clearing any of that up; it was all detoxing, diet, supplements, and exercise.

I'm now 26, and I still get a small pimple at least once a month when I drink alcohol excessively or eat any starchy/sugary foods, but that's much better than having constant breakouts all over my upper body and face.

Edited by Brenton B

I'm single at the moment (freedom!), and I'm exercising regularly by lifting weights, cycling, and running. I'm currently at 155 lbs which seems to be my max weight because I can't get it any higher despite my best efforts. I'm eating like a monster to get the 3.5k-4k calories I need, but it's just not enough to get me to 160 lbs.

Good thread man. So you still break out even with a little alcohol? did you ever find ways of being able to consume alcohol and not get breakouts?

If your looking to gain more weight, you need to eat more. its always that simple. calories in vs calories out. I know a lot about training.

if you think your not gaining at 4k calories, eat 4.2k or 4.5k. but sometimes you will think you are eating that much but you really are not. someone around 155lbs is going to have a maintenance calorie level around 2.5k depending on your hieght

I have been there. just watch your body fat % levels. dont get too high 17%+ is too high, especially if your not squatting 315lbs+

It also helps to do the right exercises. Full squats and deadlifts will help tremendously in gaining weight and getting stronger.

Edited by alicecooper

Two questions:

1) Did you guys get tested by a doctor to confirm?

2) Is it possible to just cut back on sugar entirely to just kill off a significant portion that's there? If I do have this, I don't know how I could do without the carbs. Especially with me going to the gym 5 days a week...

I'll be getting a physical this month and I'll request some blood work. I just did the morning saliva test and I do have some stringy stuff (though large structure) along with some "sheets" that formed at the bottom. But I can't tell. I don't know enough about this (I have read this a bogus test and simply measures how thick your mucus is in the morning) so inconclusive for now. But I can't really say I've had any other symtoms other than "cravings for sweets" which... how can that be one when I've eaten that stuff since I was a little kid. Of course I'm going to crave sweets! =P

Edited by -Core-