Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayski3223

Images removed

Would like to try this stuff out, but I don't think its available in UK yet :(

has anyone bought this that lives in UK?

Can we buy it from US?

Thanks

Just what I was woundering but since it need a perscription I highly doubt it unless a person that was perscribed it sells it away. Like if it didnt work on them.

I just started using Aczone 11 days ago and so far, my face is worse. Being in my late 20's I am so frustrated that I still have acne. In the past I've tried differin, benzoyl peroxide, retin-a: none of which made a dent:( As far as my face being worse from the aczone, I am hoping it's the initial "worse" of the gets worse before it gets better stage. I received two small, 3g samples from my derm and am sure the second tube will run out in a few days. Without any improvement, I am hesitant to get this prescription filled since the pharmacy quoted me a price of $150 for a 30g tube! My insurance will not cover brand name. Still getting new breakouts, past red marks not going anywhere. Am trying to be patient and hoping things will clear up as I round the two week mark.

Hi I just joined the site (for full descp go to introduce yourself forum). I started on aczone one week ago and so far it is 20% better and minimal new outbreaks. It is a little drying but nothing compare to BP.

I'm 37 and a physician. So I prescribed it for myself.

Word of advice, for any new regimen you begin, you should give it at least 4-6 weeks to see whether it should help or not....

It will be 1 week that I have been using aczone tomorrow. I can say that I have not had huge cysts like used to. I used to get 1 or 2 huge cysts every other day and would always have to get weekly injections. since using aczone, I have not had those huge cysts. I am still breaking out, but not as badly as before and not as big as before. My breakouts are smaller and they come to a head or go away within a day or 2 the most. If they come to a head i just remove it and put neosporin on it so it can heal. My skin is not as dry anymore since i stopped the BPO. I also noticed that I have more blackheads on my cheeks and chin since stopping BPO. I have not noticed a change in redness or scarring.

Does anyone here have Kaiser insurance? I think it's mostly a California thing..if so, was Aczone covered? It takes 3-4 months to get an appointment with a Derm through Kaiser so I don't want to go through the hassle unless I know I'm going to be able to get it without paying retail which I absolutely would not be able to afford.

Hey I work at kaiser and am also a patient there. I work in the pharmacy. I went out of kaiser to my old skool derm and they called it in for me. I paid 119 for it. A kaiser doc MIGHT be able to get it for you under your BRAND name copay price(not generic) but ask him first if he can give you an "exemption code" to get it covered. I know what u mean about waiting months to get in to derm as I also worked for kaiser derm way before this acne started!!! Booooooo I hope I answered ur question

Thanks for responding. I am going to see my GP on Friday so I will talk to her about it and try to get a Derm appointment.

I'm quite interested in this. I have mild/moderate acne (mostly scars) and have tried a bunch of creams and am currently trying red/blue phototherapy. I wish I heard of this before I bought a light, but if it's as good as this thread makes it sound I might give it a shot anyway. I'm assuming from the sounds of it I could use this with phototherapy? Has anybody been on it for longer than two weeks and not noticed an improvement? Also, has anyone tried it/heard if it works on chest/body acne? Thanks for any feedback, and for informing me about this!

Wow this is getting to be a pretty good thread. I finally quit the bp the other night and now just using aczone on my problem areas (cheeks) I grew these 2 painful volcano's on the side of my nose thursday night. I usually squeeze the hell out of em till I'm tired of seeing nothing come out but I left them alone to experiment. Weeeeellll, the first one that came out ( after extracting blacheads the deeper ones tend to get inflamed the next day) thursday night is absolutely gone without a trace. The second one was more noticeable yestersay and I poked it cuz it hurt but the inflammation is gone and its pretty flat. Almost gone. We'll see what I wake up like tomorrow. My cheeks, well it will take hopefully 2 weeks to clean up. I have about 6 light marks on each ceek side and about 4 active pimples which are no longer painful but still there. Its only been 1 full day since I gave up BP and started aczone so I can't really expect a miracle but so far I'm hoping for the best! Good luck to everyone and I will post again soon... I was pretty sad today though! I HATE ACNE!!!

Just started Aczone four days ago and everyone posting their experiences is sooo helpful. I had a bad (for me) break out last week out of the blue and luckily I had a script for the Aczone and had it on hand.

The breakout is on my cheek and jaw and consisted of at least 6 smallish red inflammatory zits. I noticed the redness has considerably faded and the swelling had gone down on four of them in about 3 days. You can still see them if you look very closely but they have healed quite a bit. The other two are smaller today and less red though haven't gone down quite as much.

One thing I love about Aczone is that there is no horrible redness and my uber sensitive skin is not dried or peeling at all. However last night for the first time I put it on my nose (I have some blackheads there) and I woke up with four tiny pink spots on the tip this morning which was clear the night before. I thought that a bit strange but maybe it is a little purge.

I've tried just about every topical out there with just mediocre to terrible results so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will try to use this for 3 months. If it works, Allergan will have a life long customer.

I'd love to hear how everyone is progressing on Aczone so please keep those posts coming!

8 days. 30% better. No more new inflammatory nodules. I also have a couple of new ones on the nose and accouting this to the initial flare. Old red marks on face fading well. Predominant redmarks on the forehead as severe outbreak 1 month ago will take time to heal.

Also not oily or irritating. Drinking plenty of water.

My dermatologist just prescribed aczone for me, and I found this thread while trying to find out what it is. He told me it is a new drug, and for me to use it twice a day along with Solodyn. I was pretty skeptical that Aczone would work since no other topical has really worked for me (usually they only make it worse), but after seeing this thread, I'm feeling pretty encouraged. I'm going to start using it today.

GOSH!!! I am so frustrated today! So because I stopped the BP friday and started the acne, my face must have not liked that. I came home after wk friday to find the "old" scars to be inflammed again. Like damn!! So I did what most of us would do, I picked. So now I have 5 scabs on my right cheek, a small inflamed zit on my right cheek as well and I woke up sunday morning with an angry sucker near the side of my upper lip! I don't know if this is from stopping the BP and this is an IB from aczone or if it because those volcanoes were soon to erupt on their own? I'm so depressed about it I am NOT going to work today! My family thinks I'm crazy and say it could be worse (like when I was prego). They say it doesn't look bad and they have seen me worse but I'm sick of this crap. Should I stick it out til the 2 week mark with aczone or should I stop now and go back to BP? Pleeeeease respond someone. I also have retin-a gel. Would anyone recommend me using that at night and aczone in the a.m. I will take any recommendations...sorry I'm just frustrated

GOSH!!! I am so frustrated today! So because I stopped the BP friday and started the acne, my face must have not liked that. I came home after wk friday to find the "old" scars to be inflammed again. Like damn!! So I did what most of us would do, I picked. So now I have 5 scabs on my right cheek, a small inflamed zit on my right cheek as well and I woke up sunday morning with an angry sucker near the side of my upper lip! I don't know if this is from stopping the BP and this is an IB from aczone or if it because those volcanoes were soon to erupt on their own? I'm so depressed about it I am NOT going to work today! My family thinks I'm crazy and say it could be worse (like when I was prego). They say it doesn't look bad and they have seen me worse but I'm sick of this crap. Should I stick it out til the 2 week mark with aczone or should I stop now and go back to BP? Pleeeeease respond someone. I also have retin-a gel. Would anyone recommend me using that at night and aczone in the a.m. I will take any recommendations...sorry I'm just frustrated

My experience from switching from BP to anything else you will definitely have a worsened period first. In fact, it may not be the old scar becoming inflammed, but rather the water soluable (aqueuos) gel penetrated into the skin and will definitely accentuate the old marks. BP is a very drying and bleaching agent, and despite being a good anti-acne med, it will also make old marks less angry looking...

My advice, and I know this is probably the toughest thing to do, is to stick with it for at least 4 weeks. Every time we change to a new med, there is bound to be a flare until the skin gets used to it. Last but not least, DO NOT PICK! I was just like you picking on everything in sight. It may feel better for the moment, but it will be worse off in the end. For the past week, I refuse to look into the mirror, and refuse to even touch the face with my hands unless I'm washing it. What a difference! so don't pick

Day 9 - I was using aczone 2x a day and started to dry out so switched to 1x a day with moisturizer, then started to breakout again.

Switched to 1x per day without moisturizer, not drying anymore but still breaking out! Really bad today for some reason, like 7 new ones. IDK, maybe a purge.

On a positive note, (and sometimes it's just so hard to be positive), but I can say these would have probably been cysts, but they aren't. So the glass is half full.

I'll stick with it... patience grasshopper...

ASNY thanks for your reply. I just went to my derm this morning and he gave me prednisone and ampicillin. I have these huge marks from the big pimples I got over the wknd from being on aczone. They hurt so bad I had to get something for them. My skin is all dry again from applying BP to those pimples. I quit the aczone for now. I know it was only 4 days but I was clear last week and this week I look horrible. What a difference the weekend made :( I am SO sad and frustrated but I can't hide forever. I know I'm not an unattractive woman but how is it possible to not feel just that with all of these things on my face? Booooooooo!!!

I just got aczone today and I think per gram, it is the most expensive acne medicine I have ever purchased. $40 for a 30g tube.

Some notes about aczone that my derm told me but haven't been pointed out in this thread:

-Aczone shouldn't be used with bp because it can cause yellowing of the skin and facial hair to turn orange

-Aczone shouldn't be used with sulfa drugs so that means no bactrim

ive been on aczone and minocycline since november and im still breaking out. broke out pretty bad at points and starting to get really bad again. no miracle for me lol

I think I am freaking out a little. I only used aczone for 2 days with nothing else like BP. prior to using the aczone I was using DKR.... I read the oral form of dapsone does funny things but none were reported from the gel.... LOL It gave me anxiety so I need your replies. Do you all think it's ok that I used bp the night before I used aczone? Also do any of you think we can really get those diseases (caused by oral dapsone) Hey sue me! I work in a pharmacy and I research a lot! I got a lil scared. I quit aczone though ---my face looks horrible and it was clear last week (few blemishes) I AM SELLING MY ACZONE for $50 buxks if anyone is interested. I paid $119.00...anyway the reason I am trippen is cause my face feels like it's burnt! it kinda tingles in spots where i used aczone. HYPO!!!! LMAO thanks for listening guys

I think I am freaking out a little. I only used aczone for 2 days with nothing else like BP. prior to using the aczone I was using DKR.... I read the oral form of dapsone does funny things but none were reported from the gel.... LOL It gave me anxiety so I need your replies. Do you all think it's ok that I used bp the night before I used aczone? Also do any of you think we can really get those diseases (caused by oral dapsone) Hey sue me! I work in a pharmacy and I research a lot! I got a lil scared. I quit aczone though ---my face looks horrible and it was clear last week (few blemishes) I AM SELLING MY ACZONE for $50 buxks if anyone is interested. I paid $119.00...anyway the reason I am trippen is cause my face feels like it's burnt! it kinda tingles in spots where i used aczone. HYPO!!!! LMAO thanks for listening guys

Man, and it was sounding so good too. I was hoping for a silver bullet, I guess I'll keep searching.

Man, and it was sounding so good too. I was hoping for a silver bullet, I guess I'll keep searching.

People are different. Some products work for some and not for others. If you've tried every other acne medication with little success, then it's stupid not to give brand new aczone its shot. Plus, for all you know, this guy might be stupid and have applied it incorrectly.

I tried to get a Rx for aczone but my derm didn't know what it was and didn't want me to be a guinea pig so he Rx'd me some solodyn. I think it won't do jack shit, so hopefully when I go in for the solodyn check up in a couple months, he'll Rx me aczone then. He was really trying to sell accutane, but I'd rather first try another topical than a drug requiring blood tests and has possible severe depression side effects.

Day six - Redness and inflammation decreased on most of the original blemishes. Only one or two have completely healed and 4 of the smaller ones are still there if you look closely. I've had some purging with about 4 or 5 new small slighly inflamed bumps which look like closed comedomes because they never come to a head. Overall the side of my face I've treated with Azone twice a day looks slightly worse than before I started. Some progress, but still breaking out more than usual.

On the plus side no dryness or irritation. It is still very early to see results and I'm still on the fence with this one. I'm not execting a miracle cure that's for sure.

I think i have similar acne as you did before. Was your scarring non-bumpy? so skin was smooth, but red acne scars everywhere? If yes, Im def. goin to try this product. By the way how your skin looking till now?

I think i have similar acne as you did before. Was your scarring non-bumpy? so skin was smooth, but red acne scars everywhere? If yes, Im def. goin to try this product. By the way how your skin looking till now?

Since this post was directly under my last I'm going to assume the question was directed to me.

Even though I've suffered from this disease for many years I do not have a lot of scarring or hyperpigmentation. I think it would be worth a try if you have the left over red hyperpigmentation from previous acne as it did lighten the redness on existing blemishes. It's worth a try. Any scarring I have is non-bumpy but not red. It seems to work well for my skin type as far as redness is concerned. I usually have 2 or 3 small inflammatory zits and the very occasional nodule. Sometimes I will break out more than that though always with some inflammation.

Hope this helps. Good luck if you try Aczone and let us know how you progress.