Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayski3223

Images removed

hey guys! congrats to all of you that have noticed a positive effect! after reading this i really want to get on aczone. right now i am taking doxy twice a day, applying duac in the morning, and tazorac at night. i'm also doing ppx laser treatment once every 10 days. i've done 3 treatments of them. and i've noticed that with all of this, my acne is slowly getting better.

just wondering if you guys think it would be worth it to stop with the duac and the tazorac to pick up using the aczone being that it has shown to work. thanks!

hey trace, I'm from Canada too, although i dont have the cream yet, what you can do is either call your local pharmacy, if they don't have it ask them to order it for you, or you can ask your family doctor or derm and if they don't have it you can also ask them to special order it for you too. Remember to tell them the drug name (dapsone %5) it'll make it easier for them to look for.

hay mcstran i used to use duac and for a little while it did work but stopped and duac really irritates my skin and would make my face really red and i didnt see any difference with it but only with really inflamed stuff. with the big bulge ones duac did help after a couple of days. but aczone is really something ive been using it for 3 weeks my skin feels better my mom says it looks better too but i havnt seen any big changes yet. On the website it showed some before and afters and the girl with the severest acne really cleared up after 12 weeks so im still keepen my hopes up. Also for anyone that was intrested in atibiotics my doctor gave me dycocycline or something when she proscribed me aczone but that stuff had side effects like i would get really tired and it made my ear ring and not hear aswell. So after 2 days of use i stopped.

It really depends - if you think you have a moisturizer that doesn't make you break out, then using it with Aczone shouldn't make you break out either. However, since it is so easy on the skin, I'd try a few weeks without moisturizer just to get the full effect of the drug.

thats the thing aczone is very drying to my skin that my skin is flaking where i put it.i do have a good moisturizer that I will use and some people do get very dry skin from aczone if you look around this web site im not the only one.hope it doesnt keep making me so dry.anyway good luck everyone.

hey kayski,

I've been using aczone for about 9 days and it really has lessened the amount of acne I got. I do get the occasional pusule, but haven't seen a cyst since I started. I was just wondering what your routine was?

personally, I take 2 showers a day. In the morning, I just rinse with water then apply aczone. At night I shave using just warm water, wash face with cetephil gentle cleanser, then I apply aczone.

Hi aswa --

I wake up in the morning and take a hot shower and cleanse my face with Clearsil Face Wash.

I don't like to dry out the skin on my body, so at night I just gently wash my face with the Clearsil again and then dry with a towel. After about 5 minutes, I just go apply a really thin layer of Aczone all over. Once it's dry, I go to bed and make sure my face is facing up! (so no pillow bacteria). I liked cetaphil a lot too when I had it, I think it is pretty similar to Clearsil

Lately though I've been leaving out my night routine.

I shave once a day (usually just in the shower), and make sure to only do one scrape, I don't over-obsess with trying to make it too smooth.

I am so glad it is working out for you, thanks for posting your routine!

ok, that's similar to what i'm doing.

Your results are outstanding, but mine aren't too shabby either. I just know that it will keep getting better though. According to the manufacturers this stuff is supposed to work in as little as 2 weeks. I noticed a difference on the second day.

ok, that's similar to what i'm doing.

Your results are outstanding, but mine aren't too shabby either. I just know that it will keep getting better though. According to the manufacturers this stuff is supposed to work in as little as 2 weeks. I noticed a difference on the second day.

Yes, I think I got really lucky with this drug; I am not sure why, but it seems to be perfect for my skin type. It is amazing how quickly you are seeing results and it is refreshing to see a drug that actually is helping people.

You know what's weird, it seems like the Aczone website advertises much less effective results than many of us have experienced. They say 2 weeks, most of us see results within the first few days. When I first saw their before and after picture on their main site, I couldn't even tell which was which... I think they have some research to do :)

So I just started using Aczone and I noticed that the tube is sooo small. When I opened it, half of the tube was just air. How long does the 30g tube last u guys if u use it twice a day. I paid $25 copay, which is great!!

I am thinking of getting this this weekend...if my derm will prescribe me an Rx over the phone.

I went to see her about 5 weeks ago and she gave me Spiro and Clindamycin. Well, I never started the Clindamycin because I haven't read great things so I'm wondering if I call she'll just call in Aczone for me to replace the Clindamycin. I am doing pretty well with the Spiro but would like to try Aczone for the few pimples I still get here and there.

Anyone know if they'll do that, or do they typically make you come in?

So I just started using Aczone and I noticed that the tube is sooo small. When I opened it, half of the tube was just air. How long does the 30g tube last u guys if u use it twice a day. I paid $25 copay, which is great!!

That was my first thought too. I don't apply it in excess but I make sure I use enough to cover my whole face. I've been doing this for about 10 days and I still have a lot in there. I'm thinking it will last me until the end of the month

I am thinking of getting this this weekend...if my derm will prescribe me an Rx over the phone.

I went to see her about 5 weeks ago and she gave me Spiro and Clindamycin. Well, I never started the Clindamycin because I haven't read great things so I'm wondering if I call she'll just call in Aczone for me to replace the Clindamycin. I am doing pretty well with the Spiro but would like to try Aczone for the few pimples I still get here and there.

Anyone know if they'll do that, or do they typically make you come in?

Some doctors will prescribe over the phone but others will not. My internist will call in a prescription for me but my dermatologist makes me come in for an appointment (unless it is a refill). He needs the money (sarcasm).

It really depends on the physician. Since Aczone is so new he might want to see you before prescribing but you never know.

Good luck!

I had the exact same thought. How long is a tube of Aczone supposed to last? I've been on it for 2 weeks and I am getting worried that I am running low.

ok so day 6 - I noticed results within the first 3 days of use, but I also noticed that my skin was drying out.

so I went back to my tried and trusted moisturizer before aplying aczone, and applied 1x per day instead of 2x... and I'm breaking out again :shrug:

so I'll try 2x a day with moisturizer, sigh... feel like I'm starting all over again.

btw, my Primary Dr. called this prescription in for me, if anyone wants to try that route, (idk about you, but it takes like 3 mos to get into a derm around here, so...)

Hey guys.. I have been on the DKR for 3 months now and have it under control but not to where I'd like. Soooo I love this website cause mostly everything I do now is from reading posts on what might help. So I ran in to this. I paid 119 dollars for a tube of Aczone. I am still on the regimen but I am spot testing and I don't apply BP at the same time. I work in a pharmacy and not one person includong me ever heard of this! Anyway my monthly friend is coming next week so the blemishes begin. I used BP today but I just used Aczone on the new zit on my cheek without the BP. I hope its ok... I have hormonal acne and I was getting 3 new PAINFUL zits every 10 days now its 2 or 1 a week. I HATE ACNE. I will post again in a few days.. Good luck to u all!!!

Does anyone here have Kaiser insurance? I think it's mostly a California thing..if so, was Aczone covered? It takes 3-4 months to get an appointment with a Derm through Kaiser so I don't want to go through the hassle unless I know I'm going to be able to get it without paying retail which I absolutely would not be able to afford.

Hey I work at kaiser and am also a patient there. I work in the pharmacy. I went out of kaiser to my old skool derm and they called it in for me. I paid 119 for it. A kaiser doc MIGHT be able to get it for you under your BRAND name copay price(not generic) but ask him first if he can give you an "exemption code" to get it covered. I know what u mean about waiting months to get in to derm as I also worked for kaiser derm way before this acne started!!! Booooooo I hope I answered ur question