Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayski3223

Images removed

At night, first I wash with Rosaderm cleanser (a prescription sulfer wash which I've basically always used) and then I apply a light layer of Aczone to my whole face.

I thought you were not supposed to use any sulfur products with Aczone.

There's a lot of contradictions in this area. This is suggested if you have a G6PD deficiency you should not mix the 2. G6PD, or glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, is an enzyme that allows red blood cells to function properly. A deficiency of this enzyme causes hemolysis, which causes red blood cells to abnormally break down. Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole (TMP/SMX) increases the level of dapsone and its metabolites, which in turn increases the likelihood of hemolysis if you have this G6PD deficiency. Most people with G6PD deficiencies, which is an inherited disease, don't show symptoms, but people with hemolytic anemia (which is caused by hemolysis) will often feel fatigued or jaundiced. They tested aczone on people with the G6PD deficiency and 88% were black, so this mostly affects blacks.

Don't be a hypochondriac. If you are feeling really rundown and start turning yellow due to taking dapzone, STOP. Otherwise, you'll be fine.

I posted a link to a drug trial earlier and they state that Aczone, or dapsone, decreases non inflammatory acne too. I for one can attest to that. I've noticed atleast a 4 fold difference in the amount of blackheads I have around my nose and cheeks.

That's what I wanted to hear!

I just received a prescription for Aczone from my dermatologist. I currently don't have insurance so I called a couple of pharmacies for prices. Just wanted to let you guys know that CVS wanted $179 for the 30 gram tube and Walgreens $149 for the same size.

So it pays to shop around to get the best price especially in this economy.

I knew this drug was coming out soon and I'd like to thank the OP for posting this thread. You have helped alot of people by posting about the availabilty of this new drug and your experience using it.

I guess I'll be the first to say it...It's about fucking time they make something that works.

We'll call it liquid accutane

Cheers aswa-- finally a topical that actually DOES something!

I just checked back on this thread and I am SO HAPPY with all of the positive reviews I am seeing :):) I was really hoping this might be the drug that so many of us have been looking for

With any luck, popularity will lead to generic brands which will lead to MUCH cheaper prices. And I think over time, this will become an OTC drug like BP. It is the least irritating topical I have ever used - no reason to require a prescription except for the fact that they have no idea how it works :P

Glad to hear about the blackhead successes - I have some on my nose and I have yet to apply any Aczone to that area (because it hasn't had any bad cysts like the rest of my face).

Just to let you all know, I am now applying this only once every 2 or 3 days. Otherwise just a quick cleanse with my clearsil wash. Looking better each day - no new acne forming

Congrats everyone, I am really excited for us. Have fun tonight!!

No one has responded to by earlier post, and just wanted to ask it again.

Does anyone no if this is available in Canada, or does anyone one if there is a website that I could look up and see.

Please.....

Does anyone no if this is available in Canada, or does anyone one if there is a website that I could look up and see.

Please.....

you'll need to contact your local pharmacy. That is a service they will provide to you free of charge.

Please.....

you'll need to contact your local pharmacy. That is a service they will provide to you free of charge.

Does anyone know if a resistance to dapsone can occur? Although I have a feeling no one will know because its mechanism of action is currently unknown...

Got mine from my Primary Dr., just tried it today for the first time. Insurance paid for the whole thing, less the $20.00 co-pay.

Smells pretty medicine-y, but goes on clear and dries quickly. Slightly gritty-like residue, but not bad at all. Actually makes my skin look a little more even.

Could probably wear under make-up, (I only use spot concelaer and powder, but you could prob get away with using liquid foundation).

So I'll let you know as soon as I notice anything, either way... :pray:

just got my aczone yesterday..my skin is very dry from the cold winter here and i have to use moisturizer also.what would be the best with to use moisturizer with aczone?should i apply aczone at night only then use moisturizer alone in the day?it does say apply twice a day but im just wondering can if i can put it on top of it or should i just use it alone and just use aczone at night and moisturizer in the day?a little confused need info thanks.

just got my aczone yesterday..my skin is very dry from the cold winter here and i have to use moisturizer also.what would be the best with to use moisturizer with aczone?should i apply aczone at night only then use moisturizer alone in the day?it does say apply twice a day but im just wondering can if i can put it on top of it or should i just use it alone and just use aczone at night and moisturizer in the day?a little confused need info thanks.

you can apply moisturizer on top of aczone. but i would wait at least 10-15 minutes to make sure the aczone is full absorbed. if u can avoid using moisturizer all together, that would probably yield the best results.

Been about 5 days, not much change, but I think it might of helped stamp out what could have been a cyst in the making. Well, see after another week. :)

Please.....

hey trace, I'm from Canada too, although i dont have the cream yet, what you can do is either call your local pharmacy, if they don't have it ask them to order it for you, or you can ask your family doctor or derm and if they don't have it you can also ask them to special order it for you too. Remember to tell them the drug name (dapsone %5) it'll make it easier for them to look for.

Does anyone here have Kaiser insurance? I think it's mostly a California thing..if so, was Aczone covered? It takes 3-4 months to get an appointment with a Derm through Kaiser so I don't want to go through the hassle unless I know I'm going to be able to get it without paying retail which I absolutely would not be able to afford.

It really depends - if you think you have a moisturizer that doesn't make you break out, then using it with Aczone shouldn't make you break out either. However, since it is so easy on the skin, I'd try a few weeks without moisturizer just to get the full effect of the drug.

Hey Aswa,

Was wondering if you could describe how Aczone cleared some of your Blackheads. Did you have to extract them, or did they just start falling out. I started Applying it to my nose after reading your remarks on it a few days ago and have noticed a flakines in the crevice where my nose meets my cheeks. Upon further inspection I noticed that all these "flakes" were coming out of individual pores and they didn't llok like typical flakes, they almost seemed like the white stringy gunk behind the blackhead.

I'm not reporting any success with my blackheads yet, but it seems like theres definitely something happening in there, which is exciting, because frankly the only thing prior to have any impact on them has been accutane.

My forehead, which is where I first began applying the cream is looking pretty good BTW. :)

hay ive been using aczone for about 3 weeks now and my skin feels better than when i used duac but i do see improvement but not that much yet

i was wondering if its okay to use olay definity spf 15 moisterizer the one for anti aging

and if aczone has a ib

It's just drawing the blackheads out. Sometimes they form into small pimples. But once they dry up, or I pop them, the pore seems to shrivel up and does collect as much dirt as they used to. I think noninflammatory acne will take a lot longer to heal up than inflammatory, as dapsone has more antiinflammatory properties than antibacterial properties

It's just drawing the blackheads out. Sometimes they form into small pimples. But once they dry up, or I pop them, the pore seems to shrivel up and does collect as much dirt as they used to. I think noninflammatory acne will take a lot longer to heal up than inflammatory, as dapsone has more antiinflammatory properties than antibacterial properties

thanks hay do you moisturize at all? and also how bad was your acne before it got clearer

No, i don't use moisturizer. If and when I ever do, I use the acne.org stuff but all that crap makes me break out and my skin only gets dry on harsh winter days.

My skin is very fickle. Last year at this time, my face was really clear but for some reason it tends to come back. Maybe it's due to new life changes and stresses, it's kinda like I have a 6 month menstrual cycle or something. My acne began to flare up again last March 08. It was moderate but began to turn to almost severe in early November. Now I would say it's mild.