Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayski3223

Images removed

Aczone sounds great! Im sure this is something you have to use nightly to maintain, correct? It isnt a cure, just a topical that keeps skin clear. Are you going to keep using everyday now that you are clear?

Hey everyone, sorry it took so long to get a picture up! Here we are, I think at week 3 or 4 :)

Just got a new camera, so you should be able to see a little more detail then my old pics, because they didn't really show the discoloration and stuff. Sorry I look nasty and tired... lol

Skin looks a little wet and irritated because I just took a hot shower, but I have no new anything! Just working on my red marks if ANYONE has any advice, please share! I know theyre not scars because theyre not very deep, but my skin really keeps these red marks in there forever

Quick answers to some questions im reading. Yes, I cover my whole face, not just spot treatment. Yes, I am still on my first bottle; with any luck itll be my last. No irritation whatsoever, it is by far the easiest topical on my skin that I've used. Like i said earlier, i would wear it during the day because it makes my face look GREAT when its on, but sometimes white stuff shows up and I don't wanna walk around all day with that on my face. Initial breakout... I don't think so. My acne kept working its course at the exact same pace it did before aczone, BUT i did have a lot of tiny bumps that were waiting to become cysts so these continued their process during aczone (so its not like aczone just stopped all acne from forming at once; whats there still comes out, and aczone didnt stop that for me. however it did make it look much better and go away much faster)

Glad to see other users are seeing some success with this as well so far ! :D Still on the same regimen here, cleanse twice a day with clearsil wash, aczone at night. I've even started skipping every few nights just to test! Been eating whatever I want, cookies, cereal, pizza, i LOVE it!!!!! And working out every other day so I'm not fat.. yet :dance: had a fun weekend and for once in a LONG time, didnt go untagging myself from every picture of me that came up on facebook the next day

Technically you're supposed to add this morning and night, as I've been doing. I guess after it starts subsiding you can begin to use it just one time a day.

Kayski, you say you hope this to be your first and last tube. I would atleast give it a few months. Acne has a tendency to relapse. Alothough the following link says that users could discontinue using if acne subsided and start up again as they choose. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/499983

I couldn't find any 'bad' pics of me with my most severe acne. I have one pic after using tea tree oil for about a week and my skin doesn't look all that bad, but the aczone helps a lot more.

Just picked up my perscription today this and another form. of a topical ( a something don't remember the name lol) one for night and then aczone twice a day. Here are my initial pics of my face:

I know it's not bad but I have acne dysmorphia :rolleyes:

post-93965-1233105487_thumb.jpg

post-93965-1233105502_thumb.jpg

post-93965-1233105487_thumb.jpg

post-93965-1233105502_thumb.jpg

WOW!

This stuff sounds amazing!

I'm on month 2 (just completed month one two days ago) of accutane. Should I push it and try this stuff too? Think my derm will give it to me??? :dance: 2 weeks sure hell beats 4 more months!

ok i been on ac zone 3 or 4 days i just tested it on my forhead and parts of my face.its drying my skin out really bad so i cant put it on twice a day.big i had a big zit on my forehead and after 4 days its somewhat smaller but its still there i will keep you posted.Only thing i dont understand is why its drying my skin so bad like peeing it and flaky hmm.I think im going to go off retin a and chang over to ac zone i like how fast the zits go away.ALSO I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU ON AC ZONE are taking any antibiotics with it?or just using the ac zone by itself?and do you put it all over you face nose and forehead or are you just spot using it?and do you eat whatever you want dairy ,pizza etc?and did you get an ib from it thanks.

ok i been on ac zone 3 or 4 days i just tested it on my forhead and parts of my face.its drying my skin out really bad so i cant put it on twice a day.big i had a big zit on my forehead and after 4 days its starting to go away already in just 4 days pretty crazy huh i didnt think i would ever see a zit go away from a cream in 4 days it its almost gone and it was real big no lie guys.Only thing i dont understand is why its drying my skin so bad like peeing it and flaky hmm.I think im going to go off retin a and chang over to ac zone i like how fast the zits go away.ALSO I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU ON AC ZONE are taking any antibiotics with it?or just using the ac zone by itself?and do you put it all over you face nose and forehead or are you just spot using it?and do you eat whatever you want dairy ,pizza etc?and did you get an ib from it thanks.

Get off that retin a. You shouldn't be using 2 creams on your face, plus retin a is known to dry (or any retinol derivative for that matter.) Wash your face with something gentle like cetaphil and you should be alright. Aczone has been known to dry a small percentage of people out but it hasn't me and I have very sensitive skin. Stay away from dairy (specifically skim milk) cuz it contains genetically engineered hormones that make a lot of people break out. You can't still have it, just limit your intake. That's the only food group I stay away from. I recently went off antibiotics (doxy and bactrim) as they werent' doing too much and the kill too many good bacteria in your gastrointestinal system. If your digestive system isn't working well, and your not absorbing essential nutrients (i.e, antioxidants) it could be causing your acne.

This should answer everyone's questions about side effects and usage during pregnacy (personally I don't think it matters cuz it's topical)

http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/aczone_pi.pdf

This is by far the most effective, least aggravating/ irritating topical I've ever used. I still get a few tiny pimples but nothing near what I was getting and I'm only on day 5.

If you are going to your derm to ask about this, don't forget to download and print a copy of the free sample off aczone's website. It's only 3g (pharmacy grade is 30g) but it'll still last you atleast 3 days. And the stuff is kinda expensive too.

Good Luck.

Alright so it has been 2 weeks on the Aczone for me, and I've seen very positive results.

The last 10 months I've really been trying to control my acne with my diet (when I eat starches, breads I get really bad cystic acne) and while I've been able to keep my acne in check, I was still breaking out around the mouth, chin, mustache area- very embarrassing spots. Usually I'd get at least one new pimple every day or two, real stubborn ones that would prolly become cysts if I didn't keep my diet in check. (Note: I was really considering going on Accutane for a third time, until my derm prescribed my Aczone on my last visit.)

With the Aczone (2 weeks in), I haven't had those new breakouts in the last 3 or 4 days, which is great news, because this type of success hasn't happened in a long time. What is even better, is that 6 days ago, I introduced small portions of pasta into my diet (usually would make me break out)- and still, I haven't had those breakouts that I'm accustomed to.

The first week of Aczone, I didn't see a lot of results. But gradually at the start of the second week, the results started to show up.

Here's my regimen:

I was prescribed Aczone, 1x a day. What I actually do though, is I apply it to my whole face 1x (at night), and then in the daytime I apply it around my problem spots (and also spot treat if there is a pimple not in my problem spot). So basically, my problem spots receive Aczone 2x a day. Once I started doing the extra 2x a day treatment (at the start of week 2), that's when I really started to notice a difference.

I still have a lot of hyper-pigmentation from old pimples, but those are gradually fading.

Also, Aczone is an anti-inflammatory. I know everyone's acne is different, but I was particularly excited when I heard this about Aczone since I also suffer from other anti-inflammatory ailments (allergies, asthma). So for those of you who think that you are more susceptible to inflammation in the body, Aczone could work really well for you.

Hope all this helps...

I posted a link to a drug trial earlier and the state that Aczone, or dapsone, decreases no inflammatory acne too. I for one can attest to that. I've noticed atleast a 4 fold difference in the amount of blackheads I have around my nose and cheeks.

I posted a link to a drug trial earlier and they state that Aczone, or dapsone, decreases non inflammatory acne too. I for one can attest to that. I've noticed atleast a 4 fold difference in the amount of blackheads I have around my nose and cheeks.

(quote)Here's my regimen:

I was prescribed Aczone, 1x a day. What I actually do though, is I apply it to my whole face 1x (at night), and then in the daytime I apply it around my problem spots (and also spot treat if there is a pimple not in my problem spot). So basically, my problem spots receive Aczone 2x a day. Once I started doing the extra 2x a day treatment (at the start of week 2), that's when I really started to notice a difference.

do you have to use a moisturizer with aczone does it dry you out?so you put it all over you're whole face at night right.what do you do wash it off in the moring with a special soap?and then just spot touch then pimples for the day time and thats it?then at night wash you;re face with a speacil kinda soap then put oit all over the whole face again?

Does aczone make you're face red like retin a's do????????????

The only redness I get is induced by rubbing, otherwise there's no chemical reaction that makes your face flush

do you have to use a moisturizer with aczone does it dry you out?so you put it all over you're whole face at night right.what do you do wash it off in the moring with a special soap?and then just spot touch then pimples for the day time and thats it?then at night wash you;re face with a speacil kinda soap then put oit all over the whole face again?

Aczone doesn't seem to dry me out really at all. I do have dry skin normally (when I'm not using any topical) so in some spots I still use a really light application of Cetaphil moisturizer. But for me, Aczone is one of the least irritating prescription topicals that I've ever used. Also, my skin is tolerant of a lot of topicals (prolly b/c it's been toughened up from using Tazorac, Differin, BP, etc & laser treatments) so it can withstand a lot. But Aczone is much less harsh than any of these things (for me anyways).

At night, first I wash with Rosaderm cleanser (a prescription sulfer wash which I've basically always used) and then I apply a light layer of Aczone to my whole face.

Then the next day, I try to make it 12 hours after my nighttime application, and I just rinse my face with water (no cleanser, but a long & good rinse) and then I spot treat and hit those problem areas with the Aczone- LIGHTLY, once my skin is dry. The Aczone gel comes off easily...

So I only use a cleanser 1x a day- at night, before I apply the Aczone.

Also, the last few days at night before I wash my face and apply the Aczone, I've been applying Turmeric (mixed with water) to my face for about an hour. Turmeric is another anti-inflammatory (an Indian spice that is primarily eaten) and a lot of people on this site have been using it with some success. For me, I think that the Aczone has done most of the work on the pimples, but the Turmeric has been making my skin much smoother, and also helping with the hyper-pigmentation. Be careful though, because Turmeric dyes your skin orange- so make sure you test it out on a small part of your skin, then wash it off to see if the orange comes out.

I suggest reading the boards on Turmeric on this site before starting it... there's a lot of good info.

At night, first I wash with Rosaderm cleanser (a prescription sulfer wash which I've basically always used) and then I apply a light layer of Aczone to my whole face.

I thought you were not supposed to use any sulfur products with Aczone.