Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayski3223

Images removed

Still looking better each day :) I'm going to post a picture in about a week to see if there's been any progress or worsening. I will accept this as a cure for me if it keeps working after a month, because I have had luck clearing up for a couple weeks with other medications and even from dieting, but it has always come back after 4 weeks. So far, no sign of this yet!!

THe only disconcerting thing is that your progress has been more dramatic than the promotional before and afters from the aczone website that were taken over twelve weeks.

All i can say is....

is that really possible???? Based on your pictures, it's more effective than accutane!

I believe on the website it says you may see results in 2 weeks. Christ, it says it on the homepage. Why can't you people accept this. It's a new drug, new science. I'm a scientist and I have complete faith in this substance. After I build up the courage to spend 100 bucks on this stuff I will let you know how it worked for me. It will probably be tomorrow

That's because he has an almost 100% reduction of moderate/severe acne. He also has an almost 100% reduction of red marks. They never fade that quickly. And as andersoj said, his improvement is way better than the advertisements on the website themselves. He should email his pictures to the site, because I don't see an active lesion in site in his pictures.

All i can say is....

is that really possible???? Based on your pictures, it's more effective than accutane!

I believe on the website it says you may see results in 2 weeks. Christ, it says it on the homepage. Why can't you people accept this. It's a new drug, new science. I'm a scientist and I have complete faith in this substance. After I build up the courage to spend 100 bucks on this stuff I will let you know how it worked for me. It will probably be tomorrow

congratulations! getting clear within 2 weeks is just amazing. that's even faster than when i was on the 2nd course of my low-dose accutane, not to mention my acne was moderate and not even cystic.

btw, how did you post those tiny pics like that? i know that when you attach pics, they're gonna have a black border with a caption saying that the size was reduced.

EDIT:

i get it now. the very tiny attachment was placed between url tags.

Hello there, Cookey here; wow that new stuffs sounds great, but I have a question: will you have to do it for ever? or can you quit after all of it is gone and not have to worry about it coming back?

Just wondering,

-CM

This is interesting stuff - thanks for sharing, and I hope you continue to improve!

Here's some info on dapsone studies:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/499983

Looks like wikipedia hasn't caught up yet - there isn't info on dapsone & acne yet (just leprosy and other diseases). Also, wiki talks about it as a pill, not a topical: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dapsone

I couldn't find an Aczone wiki page as of yet.

UPDATE 1/21/2009

I am going to upload some pictures this weekend, but just a quick textual update for today!

Skin is still looking fantastic, I could not be happier. Still some slight acne that keeps coming in, but it is left over from before the medication. In some of my previous posts on this site, I have asked about these tiny under the skin bumps (almost invisible) that stay for weeks and then eventually turn into big red painful cysts. Well I had probably 20-30 of these on my face when I started aczone, so I didn't expect it to make them go away because there's obviously some sort of infection in there that needs to get out. In the end, this usually means each day I get another zit or two that comes in. But they disappear within the day which is something I have never experienced before. I hate cysts, but I can deal with them if they are going away this quickly! Again, I'm not noticing any NEW tiny bumps like these come in, just the old ones going their course.

Again, any questions let me know! I've done my best to go back and respond to all of you that I've missed

andersoj- just with any medication, I think some people may have better luck than others. I feel incredibly lucky, and the site does say 2 weeks to see some improvement, so maybe my skin just really worked well with it? not sure

aswa- thank you, it's actually very helpful to hear this from a scientist; since I honestly know almost nothing about the medication or how it works, I like to hear these words of confidence from someone who knows their stuff! Please don't spend the 100 bucks on it, try the sample first to see if it's worth it for you

ViperVin- good luck!

john1234- the red mark reduction was one of the best things about the drug for me. Everybody in my family and all of my friends have commented on how much happier my skin looks. The before pics look really bad, but I think a lot of it is left over red marks and aczone has done a great job clearing these up for me, making it look so much better and healthier

answerme- kind of tricky, I used imageshack to upload my pictures (the actuals were too big I guess, the attachment system kept screwing up on me), and then uploaded thumbnails to imageshack as well. The only images this forum will display are ones smaller than 80x80 I THINK. Maybe someone could confirm? Then I just linked the thumbnail pics to the big ones

Neo_11990- not sure, your doctor would definitely know

CookeyMonster- awesome screen name :) Um, I don't know I was thinking of stopping it after about a month (because 1. i can't afford it and 2. i want to see if my skin does OK without it).

Thank you all for the words of encouragement :D it's really great to be in a community like this

too late. The 100 was from a $50 beginning of the year deductable and a 50 copay since it is an unforumulated product. scienetists still don't know how dapsone works but I guarantee they'll figure it out. The tube will last atelast a montha nd a half and if I see results in 2 weeks I will let you gys know. Have faith people

Please people, direct your questions to the aczone website

Here's what they say:

Your acne is caused by irritated cells that start below the skin’s surface.

These cells hang out together and recruit others to cause major inflammation.

Although scientists do not know how dapsone works, they believe ACZONE® Gel reduces angry, inflammed acne without causing a lot of irritation.

Do not ingest this substance as it can be very dangerous (cause hemolysis (breaking up of blood cells)) and make sure you don't have a glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.

OK well good luck aswa! Make sure to take some pics from before so we know kind of skin you have

ViperVin- No moisturizer. I have pretty sensitive and dry skin anyways, but Aczone doesn't seem to irritate that at all. BP was the opposite for me and really irritated my skin. As I said in my first post, weather is extremely cold and windy here, I walk outside for probably 40 mins each day to work and my face has been completely fine. A little cold yes, but not red or dry or anything.

I also HIGHLY recommend the Clearsil skin wash; I have never used something so cheap and simple, but it really seems to agree with my skin type. A couple months back I was on BP wash and different topicals and my face had never looked so bad, almost like a burn victim. I think my solution, at least so far, seems to be the less irritation the better

CookeyMonster- awesome screen name :) Um, I don't know I was thinking of stopping it after about a month (because 1. i can't afford it and 2. i want to see if my skin does OK without it).

Lol, :D . I see, so I'll keep checking in on this periodically; again, congratulations on finding your cure!

Looking forward to your updates!

-CM