Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayski3223

Images removed

I've been using the simple Clearsil facewash. I was using BP wash but the derm told me I could go with something much softer on the skin to let the Aczone do all the work.

I don't think the face wash switch is clearing my skin though as I have used this wash in the past for weeks and my skin has always looked like the before pictures.

Awesome results for just only 2 weeks. I am so happy for you.

Thank you gmh79 :) i really wanted to share this because everyone on this forum has been so so so helpful going through all of this with me.

wow ive never heard of this perhaps cuz is new like you mentioned! i see so much improvement in your skin. if accutane doesnt clear me up for good. i'll be looking forward to this.

peace...

wow, my skin looks like your before pics. I am fed up with everything. my parents refuse to let me go to the derm. i am entirely pissed. 4 years ago it started, last year i got clear through accutane, now its back just as bad. i wanna try this so badly. that or accutane again.

FUCK...

you look good, im happy for you.

wow, my skin looks like your before pics. I am fed up with everything. my parents refuse to let me go to the derm. i am entirely pissed. 4 years ago it started, last year i got clear through accutane, now its back just as bad. i wanna try this so badly. that or accutane again.

FUCK...

Thanks !!

Try asking your parents for just ONE dermatologist appointment and then give the derm this:

http://www.aczone.com/includes/pdf/Aczone_...able_Coupon.pdf

That way, no prescription and no $50 - should last you a few weeks, that way you can see if it works for you before deciding to pay! The parents can't argue that this couldn't hurt!

But your story is why I was so hesitant to go on accutane because it would just be too disheartening for me to go through a course of that and have it all come back!

Either way, best of luck, I really hope you find your cure soon :)

I'm going to try this dude!.. I have a severe red scarring much worse than yours.

Do you think it will not affect my regimen which I apply at night. I'm using hydroquinone/tretinoin.

Any suggestions?

FUCK...

Thanks !!

Try asking your parents for just ONE dermatologist appointment and then give the derm this:

http://www.aczone.com/includes/pdf/Aczone_...able_Coupon.pdf

That way, no prescription and no $50 - should last you a few weeks, that way you can see if it works for you before deciding to pay! The parents can't argue that this couldn't hurt!

But your story is why I was so hesitant to go on accutane because it would just be too disheartening for me to go through a course of that and have it all come back!

Either way, best of luck, I really hope you find your cure soon :)

ya, out of the 100% of patients that undergo accutane, 90 percent improve, 40 percent get completely clear forever. 10% get it all back. i was that 10%... :cry:

Hi everyone, I told myself I wasn't going to check back to this forum for a while just to keep my mind off my face but I really want to tell everyone about this new topical I was prescribed that I think is curing me.

I have had what I would call pretty severe acne, or at least pretty bad. My skin is naturally prone to scarring and redness everywhere.

I finally got a dermatologist a few weeks ago who gave me a prescription for a brand new (like just got approved in the USA in December 2008 new) topical drug called Aczone (dapsone 5%). I finally got around to picking it up at CVS and every day has been an improvement. I apply once a day to the whole face at night.

I have tried everything before this; months of perfect dieting, no milk, BP, URINE THERAPY (EW), water only, brushes, facials, lemons, sleep habits, antibiotics (topical and oral), ACV (topical and oral), every OTC wash and cream that exists. Nothing has helped. I have wasted hundreds of dollars and so many hours every day when finally Aczone came along, it was like it was sent from God or something... I was about to ask my dermatologist for Accutane, hopefully now I won't need to

Here are some pics I want to share (click thumbnails for big, warning: the before pics are scary :P)

Before 1:

Before 2:

2 Weeks After 1:

2 Weeks After 2:

I know it's not like perfect or anything but its TWO WEEKS! You can see there are still lots of red marks and everything, but the inflammation is gone and I'm getting no new cysts or acne anywhere!

My only complaint is that the prescription is a TOTAL ripoff; one tube of it cost $50 AFTER my insurance. Unbelievable; luckily my dermatologist gave me a coupon card for $30 off the first 3 fillups. So I should be ok for a bit, maybe won't even need it after a while :surprised: But still, I think the cost might be worth it. I'm on my first fillup still and am nowhere near finishing it. I think the price will drop once other generic brands come into competition at much cheaper prices

I will keep updating as I know that a lot of drugs tend to wear off after a bit. But definitely something work trying out if you've exhausted all other options (or if you haven't :)). There's no risks or big side effects with it. It's winter and freezing and windy here and this isn't drying my skin out at all like the BP or making it red.

A few weeks ago I was feeling depressed and lonely, trying to avoid seeing people so I could keep my face out of public. My friends all told me it wasn't bad, but we have all been there; no matter what they say, it doesn't help. Already I'm just feeling so much happier, more social, and ready to smile in a picture instead of putting my hand in front of me

Please feel free to ask any questions !

I went to the derm about a month and a half ago and was prescribed Aczone(5%) and Differin (3%)... my initial situation was moderate acne and I have been classified as mild at this point. I recommend that you try Aczone out if you are dealing with a moderate (maybe a little severe) acne problem.

Thanks for sharing! I'm always intrested in hearing about new treatments.50 bucks with insurance? Sheesh,I wonder how much without insurance.

What is it a cream or a wash or what? My gels or creams usually last a really long time cause I dont use that much.

To answer some of the questions I've seen:

It has drastically healed a lot of my light scarring and red marks; I think this is a lot of the reason for the visual improvement, because so much of that original mess was left over red marks from bad zits. To be honest though, I wouldn't say I have any deep scarring, so I cannot say what it would do for really severe scarring. You can still see that on my cheeks especially I have left over red marks, but they are fading more and more each day.

When I wake up in the morning after applying this (I apply at 9 or 10PM and sleep), my face looks 100% healed; I took the picture at night before applying it because I wanted you all to see what I look like during the day. But I imagine applying this in the morning could almost act as makeup for the whole day. It really evens out skin tone and completely removes any traces of redness while it remains on the skin.

One tube contains 30g so I would say this will last me more than a month and a half, especially if I squeeze everything out of it.

The coupon is really I think a load of bullshit, all it does it show the dermatologist you're interested in the product so they will give you some free samples. You still gotta pay for the product, but the coupon the derm gave me is different - its $30 off the first 3 fillups. I tried to find it online to post but couldn't - I think the derm needs to give you this one once you're prescribed. The coupon I posted will get you free samples, I got I think 6 small tubes, each one allowed me to fully apply my face twice, so gave me a little under 2 weeks free.

reyxe- I'd say ask your doctor, just to make sure the drugs are ok to use in the same time period. But I really think it would work great for you; I've done a lot of research and dapsone is a very mild chemical (especially only the 5% used in aczone), not at all irritating or damaging to the skin, so mixing it with your regimen should work.

Dude thank you so much for your reply. I cant believe how fast the medication work. Just two weeks!.. wow. Maybe you can post pics for the coming two weeks.

Hey Kayski,

Thanks for your posting, helps us all out.

I was actually just prescribed Aczone about 2 days ago.

I'm wondering, how many days passed before you saw some improvement in your skin?

Thanks!

Awesome.

I had heard of this dapsone as a breakthrough treatment for acne but, as with many 'miracle tratements', I was sceptical. I'm definitely going to look into this now.

Thanks for sharing Kayski.

I smell a rat. Do you work for aczone or have they paid you a lump sum.

Theres no way that tube will clear my moderate acne

No... I joined this site a year ago. Aczone wasn't even invented until December. And if you didn't read my entire post, I gave specific instructions on how to get about 2 weeks of the medication free before deciding if it's right for you, that way you don't have to waste a lot of money on it if you don't like it. I never said it would cure everyone, it just is doing great things for me right now and I want to share that. I originally made posts about it in the prescription forum when I first tried it out (because I couldn't find ANY info on it, no reviews here, no forum posts or anything), and now I finally have pictures that I want to share. Anyways... good luck, whether or not you decide to try it.

AllanB - Good luck! It really is working like a cure for me, but I am not trying to impress upon anyone that they will see the exact same results, because I literally do not know ANYONE else who has used this medication yet. I really think my skin type (dryer, sensitive) was good for it, but this is just guess work. Anyways, let us know how it works :) :)

Conr - I will keep posting pics! Probably a few more in a few weeks

crazybas - It took about a week for me to notice that things were actually changing and getting better. The two week mark was definitely my best though