Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bulgarian R.

Stem Cells for Acne Scar Repair (SCIENCE FACT, not science fiction!)

... As far as I know, Professor Bader's method isn't "new", yes. ;) But this is science - all that counts, is to help suffering people, and therefor someones personal reputation or gaining laurels shouldn't be of any importance.

BUT Bader's method is working. It was shown on german TV (see link few posts back). (They don't show the healing process until the very end, because the patient is a diabetic AND the wound reached so deep, that indeed a VERY small red mark remained, wuhu ;). That was also mentioned when talking about another treated patient - small girl, that had a severe burn injury on her foot.) Anyway - In this report german doctors and professors were talking about the method, how it works and that they've already used it. All those people are either working at a german hospital, university or as a registered doctor in germany. I could call them, visit them, ... what I mean is: The report was shown by a well known reputable tv journal, that is broadcasted weekly on NDR (North German Broadcasting Corporation). There were many articles in german newspapers like SZ (South German Newspaper) and Die Welt (The World .. ;) ). So - I guess everything that was said about Bader and his method has for sure also been noticed by - let's say in general - many experts, versed in what was said. Somebody would've required them (NDR, SZ and Die Welt - for example) to either broadcast/publish a correction or at least a clarification.

Again: There is an ongoing study (at german (university) hospitals) concentrating on burn victims. I guess it was not easy to first get the permission to conduct such a study (/clinical trial), and second to convince patients - and THEIR doctors!! - to take part.

Edited by dagobert

Lapis Lazuli, you are either intentionally disinforming people about what bird said, or you are unintentionally writing misinformative statements due to your limited knowledge. You say that Bird was talking about simple fat injections

Yeah, fat mixed with stem cells that you then inject. If you look at the post below e.g. you can see how I remembered it like that.

Again, what this means is that stem cells are extracted from fat tissue, then cultured, and finally recombined with the fat tissue a few days later into what is essentially an enhanced autologous cellular mixture which can regenerate tissue deficits present at the site of acne scars...

And here he seems to say that stem cells alone do the trick? :think:

BRD could you explain in more simple terms what this procedure is and how its done lol. i dont understand

Roughly speaking:

1) liposuction of fat from say your belly

2) adding a tinge of trypsin to the extracted fat (trypsin is an enzyme that helps break up the connective tissue between the various cell types)

3) putting this trypsin enhanced cellular mass in a medical centrifuge for a minute or so at low RPMs in order to minimize potential damage to the stem cells

4) extracting stem cells from the post centrifuged cellular layers (a consequence of the centrifugal force (measured in terms of gravitational (G) units) whereby heavier cells migrate to the bottom of the flask while lighter ones stay on top)

5) placing seperated/extracted stem cells in a stem cell growth solution inside of an incubator at 37 degrees celcius

6) adding some antibiotic to prevent bacterial ingrowths within the stem cell growth solution

7) waiting a few days/weeks before extracting cultured stem cells

8) injecting them into dermal deficits such as acne scars

VOILA! ... ... ... not so hard :)

However I stand somewhat corrected; when I posted earlier I forgot about the other things which you posted.

He also mentioned that his procedure is designed to work as an enhanced filler for atrophic scarring, and he never mentioned scarless healing. He simply said that stem cells and the specific growth factors mentioned could remodel SOME of the scar tissue, and that the most important goal was to get near perfect flattening of the atrophied area with the rest of the skin. Anyone with boxscar and rolling acne scars knows this is by far the most important issue to resolve.

I'm sorry but...

And you may just get to have the skin you've always wanted.

Seems wrong wording on his part then. Once again he basically also said to someone who was trying to get treated in the past few years that they could get their skin back the way it was, if I remember correctly. So that was either wrong wording or deliberately misleading on BRD's part.

While on the subject of BRD... He also said that he didn't want to accept patients originating from acne.org as that way he'd "Avoid a conflict of interest". That didn't sound too good to me as he seemed to say that under certain circumstances he'd be tempted by the big bucks.

Also, he was offensive to someone here, saying something along the lines of "You're very smart for a 12 year old. :rolleyes: ". Very unprofessional.

So that contributed to doubts regarding his sincerity as well. As far as you doubting my sincerity... Why on Earth would I go around trashing BRD for the sake of it? What would I gain from that? What do you take me for? Some kind of hater/troll? :confused:

But I'm going to assume you were slightly emotional when posting. Many people get hope from this thread/the idea of stem cell treatments so whenever there's anyone who says they feel there's less to expect than people think there is from stem cell treatments I can see how some people get emotional/worried/defensive.

If you think I see things wrongly or am misinformed, you can say so in a civilized manner and try to point out where you feel I'm wrong. There's no need for (slight) accusations.

realistically tho.. when will such a treatment become mainstream? im tired oof the cosmetic industry and its BS laser procedures giving every one false hope of getting rid of there scars. there now regenerating full limbs and something as small as scne scars cant be taken care of ?

i think the psycological impact acne scars has on people is FAR greater then one would think there fore this should be a matter adresssed more serious. I think something has to be done to catch the publics attention. maybe a acne scarring campaign raising awareness? one more thing, i thank BRD for being in this board in the first place because he has given us hope. few years back he stated injecting blood into your scars would do the trick, now stem cellls, whats next? and o ya WHERE IS BRD NOW ??!!?!?!!?

realistically tho.. when will such a treatment become mainstream? im tired oof the cosmetic industry and its BS laser procedures giving every one false hope of getting rid of there scars. there now regenerating full limbs and something as small as scne scars cant be taken care of ?

i think the psycological impact acne scars has on people is FAR greater then one would think there fore this should be a matter adresssed more serious. I think something has to be done to catch the publics attention. maybe a acne scarring campaign raising awareness? one more thing, i thank BRD for being in this board in the first place because he has given us hope. few years back he stated injecting blood into your scars would do the trick, now stem cellls, whats next? and o ya WHERE IS BRD NOW ??!!?!?!!?

okay, this is my first time posting. i really need some help. i have icepick, boxcar, rolling and even a couple of hypertrophic scars. i'm not quite tommy lee jones territory but i'm close. there are threads on this board that report success with excision etc. and this doctor if you see his last vid does all three plus fat injections which he refers to as involving "stem cells" but if he could do what we all want, that is, essentially create new shiny skin, he would have pics, and his before/afters are terrible(obvious lighting difference and little improvement). So could someone PLEASE post when they've found some results. Please.

okay, this is my first time posting. i really need some help. i have icepick, boxcar, rolling and even a couple of hypertrophic scars. i'm not quite tommy lee jones territory but i'm close. there are threads on this board that report success with excision etc. and this doctor if you see his last vid does all three plus fat injections which he refers to as involving "stem cells" but if he could do what we all want, that is, essentially create new shiny skin, he would have pics, and his before/afters are terrible(obvious lighting difference and little improvement). So could someone PLEASE post when they've found some results. Please.

okay the url was erased, the doctor's name is phillip young in seatle, just go to his site and look under procedures "acne scarring".

I sincerely hope that for the sake of many Americans, this will become more popular sooner rather than later.

Stem Cells are quite amazing. My cousin was in an auto accident 7 years ago. He was fine and walked around and gave a statement to the police and then went to the hospital because he complained of head pains. On his drivers license he was listed as an organ donor and for 12 hours they let him lay on a bed hoping he would die.

His brain swelled and he went into a coma for the next 2 years.

He finally came out but is not the same. His mental state has drastically digressed.

Fast forward through many years of progress in his recovery and small moments of digression.

My Aunt flew him to the Dominican Republic to have stem cell injections and the difference is insane. He's now had this done three times and he is doing absolutely amazing.

I generally and intentionally do not post on this thread or respond anywhere on the board were someone tries to play an anonymous whitecoat, over say a normal anonymous poster or a non-anonymous authority. (Though I may have posted once or twice before.)

The BRD is an anonymous whitecoat expert FFS. Look at that last sentence, he is a ‘whitecoat anonymous expert.’ That in itself says conflict of interest.

He is an anonymous expert who tried to hurd information seekers to look at certain information, by being or playing the role of an 'anonymous whitecoat expert and authority.' Knowing by using the white coat authority he will instruct people instead of informing. Knowing people in awe of his anonymous white coat with essay skills will

-get sucked in by this talk and instructions they perceive (where they forget his information is not gospel but its just merely reference to be verified, like the information they get of other anonymous posters);

-which would bringing a cult were in this cult were they will then then stop verifying and critically thinking for themselves;

-and completely ignore other avenues of information that could help them release themselves etc.

Ask yourselves why is that? Heh, heh.

Ask yourselves if he posted this as a normal poster would the same amount of people have been sucked in? You will see it would not. So now ask yourself why was he keen to be an anonymous expert with authority? Where we cant see his face, critically examine his visible motives, were we cant verify him?

Ask yourself why did he want to instruct and not inform with the use of the ‘anonymous whitecoat’?

The white coat is one of the oldest salesmen tricks in the book. Go to youtube and type in ‘Dr’s love camels cigarettes.’ Then go to google and type in penis pills and extenders.

Edited by seabs135

wow long thread- some of you obviously researched a lot into this.

Im considering having stem cell treatment on a scar, ive seen the consultant in Glasgow in this articlenew scotman article

the question is this- the 'kit' allows an area to be healed that is far larger than the size of my scar. I have very dark circles under my eyes and asked the consultant, if i decided to go ahead with the treatment on my scar, could i use the rest of the prepared cells to give me new skin under the eyes instead of the dark pigment i have at present. He said yes, but this is such a new treatment i felt I might be being sold to.

Those of you without ulterior interest in promoting the procedure, do you think it could be used for dark skin under the eys as well as scars?

wow long thread- some of you obviously researched a lot into this.

Im considering having stem cell treatment on a scar, ive seen the consultant in Glasgow in this articlenew scotman article

the question is this- the 'kit' allows an area to be healed that is far larger than the size of my scar. I have very dark circles under my eyes and asked the consultant, if i decided to go ahead with the treatment on my scar, could i use the rest of the prepared cells to give me new skin under the eyes instead of the dark pigment i have at present. He said yes, but this is such a new treatment i felt I might be being sold to.

Those of you without ulterior interest in promoting the procedure, do you think it could be used for dark skin under the eys as well as scars?

I wouldn't do that if I were you. All of these SC treatments are all so experimental... Chances are you'll end up wishing you never had the procedure. And you'll long for your good old dark pigment.

Just what I think. :confused: Anyone who tells you that you can get new skin at this point should be avoided. The procedure you mentioned only has been proven to do so much.

Well people, I have bad news --but it's sort of good news if you're sick of wasting time. There is no effective acne scar treatment. Today I spoke and visited 2 dermatologists and 1 cosmetic surgeon all three of whom specialize in scar/laser/acne variously. I'm sick of the misleading photos( EVERY photo I have seen of before afters deceives through differing shot scale, lighting, angle between before and after --esp. lighting. Under certain very flat, soft lighting my scars too are completely invisible). So it's BS. I pressed each of the doctors on this, and they finally relented. One of the dermatologists was VERY honest though. He flat out said, lasers DO NOT WORK. He said he has NEVER seen a laser improve acne scarring and at best it might be so infitesimal an improvement that it's not even worth it, will do nothing for icepick, boxcar or rolling scars at all. Even CO2 fractional or the more invasive treatments.

Moreover, all were familiar about the stem-cell and ACELL protocols. Basically the honest derm doctor said it's just marketing. The take adipose fat cells from you, culture them etc. but this does NOTHING for the acne scars. They can call them "stem cells" and apply the acell matrix etc. and it will cost you a lot of money, but injecting this combo has shown to have NO causal effect on acne scarring. One point he made quite well was the following: if we or anyone were actually able to regenerate skin which is what you'd need to fix boxcar and rolling scars that would be absolutely a revolution in medical science because then people with wrinkles and aging would get the treatment just to look younger and have fresh skin. He said it's not possible and will not be possible unless there is a true science fiction type revolution in biomedical science. He said all the stem cell stuff now and for the next few decades as far as he can see will just be marketing and product differentiation to gain profits. The science to do this does not exist. Thought I'd share this with all of you. Disappointing but at least realistic. I think I'm gonna just accept my scars as they are. Sure I have the Tommy Lee Jones effect, but hey, it's not the end of the world, better get used to it.

.. Really? - What I hold against that is the doctor currently treating my skin problem. He told me the total opposite of what you've just said. Lasers DO WORK - "it is just a question on how much risk and pain you're willing to accept"; how much money and "how much time you're willing to invest". I got two hypertrophic scars on my cheeks and they're planning to remove them at the end of 2012, therefor a relatively long Isotretinoin therapy is required, to reduce the risk of postoperative inflammation (they say). So that's what I'm currently doing. Then (as people familiar with Isotretinoin might know), not earlier than 6 month after the therapy, the scars and so also the skin layers beneath it, in this case down to and INTO THE DERMIS, will be treated with a/(?some?) CO2 laser - he (the doctor, who is also a professor) said "..burn down to the dermis. Then stem cells (will) stream/ float up through the hair (hair) follicles to initiate and help perform the healing". 100% regeneration was promised to me. Possibly I'd then have to stay in hospital for around 4 weeks, the total regeneration would take up to 4 month (or even longer). --- Feel free to discuss this with me, because I am also uncertain; quite sceptical about what he said.

Edited by dagobert

if we or anyone were actually able to regenerate skin which is what you'd need to fix boxcar and rolling scars that would be absolutely a revolution in medical science because then people with wrinkles and aging would get the treatment just to look younger and have fresh skin. He said it's not possible and will not be possible unless there is a true science fiction type revolution in biomedical science. He said all the stem cell stuff now and for the next few decades as far as he can see will just be marketing and product differentiation to gain profits. The science to do this does not exist.
Edited by dagobert

the science is def heree..look at the treatments people are getting these days such as the face/leg transplants..there building organs/bodyparts..new treatments are coming out every year.. just look at the last 6 years we have gotten fractionated lasers, prp, laviv, ematrix, recell(hopefully soon) and stem cell fat grafts..the rate that new treatments are coming out is amazing..stem cells are def the way of the future and the future looks bright! lets try to stay positive! :)

But you know what - I am a little afraid of what happens when it's finally possible to regenerate (almost) everything. For sure the military would put their hands on it and ..... hm, tja, that's what I don't know.

im not scared that day will be a great day for the whole world.. especially the disabled and soldiers that have lost body parts but this is at least a decade away..but to fix scars and skin defects that will be in the next few years i think! i really think its going to be possible soon..maybe it will be the stem cell gun that will blast our scars away hahhaa

Edited by waitingforacure

No, what I meant was, from the military's point of view, you don't want your "enemy" to gain access to such treatments - think about it.

But - to get back to the topic. Even better than whatever kind of stem cell treatment would be to find a way to somehow "teach" the body to heal scarless, like he does it with small (non severe) injuries.

But - to get back to the topic. Even better than whatever kind of stem cell treatment would be to find a way to somehow "teach" the body to heal scarless, like he does it with small (non severe) injuries.

Hey Dagobert, thanks for your response. Indeed I'm largely reporting what the doctor told me, he specializes with acne and scarring and he said, "we try, but you're a student and I don't want to take advantage of you, lasers will not give you the kind of improvement you're looking for, the best we can do is slightly minimize, but it wouldn't even be worth it." He said for ice-pick scars the best they have is tcl treatment which give you about 10 percent improvement. He actually said, even with the most aggressive modalities the best we can do is 5-10 percent "softening" of the scars.

Now let me tell you, I have real acne scarring --I mean the type you see in the pics on this website that are used to illustrate the different types of scars: i.e. icepick, rolling, boxcar scars, and even a few bumps on my nose. I would say that if 10 is the worst scarring you've seen, like tommy lee jones/danny trejo are probably at 8's on that scale I'm like 6 or 7.

If you have only two hypertrophic scars dagobert, maybe they can indeed laser those off. But I was in fact told that hypertrophic scars can be the most difficult to fix because the underlying structure of the dermis has changed along with the collagen formation so even if you do remove them completely the skin in that area has been programmed to grow back into that shape. Could you provide a close-up pic of your scars? What the derm told me was that for hypertrophic scars the best approach is electrical cauterization where they attempt to burn that area very strategically.

I too am skeptical of what your doctor said, but indeed they may have more advanced techniques in germany maybe. Or maybe your scars are closer to something like a mole removal since they're hypertrophic which yes, when removed do seem to produce pretty good results.

But I'm still skeptical --why on earth would you need to spend 4 weeks in the hospital!? Would he be doing multiple laser treatments during that time period or would that be for the recovery? I mean what kind of treatment would you be subjected to if you need to be in the hospital for 4 weeks? I don't mean to be disrespectful and I hope that something can be done, but it sounds very strange to me for two small scars on your face. And how much would that cost? Anyways, I appreciate your response and we should certainly discuss options more. I'm keen to hear of your progress.

But I will say to all of the above posts who believe treatments exist. Just show me the results. Show me one before and after photo that uses exactly the same lighting and shot-scale and angle and I will be hopeful. But no one has produced this yet. No one. THis is a major problem for thousands and thousands of people, so why on earth would it be so hard to find an honest result.

Dagobert, just ask your doctor to show you a before and after of someone with your problem and an honest after picture. Surely, someone he has ever treated had the same problem and treatment, if not, how can you trust what he is saying?

Sorry for the misunderstanding - I have two hypertrophic scars on my cheeks, but they are not small. So on your scale I am something between 6-9. Not because my whole faceskin is affected, it's because those two scars are pretty severe. (They result out of falsly treated (acne) inflammations.) That, and that I am suffering really a lot under this, is probably the reason, why he is looking forward to do this laser treatment. He said, it's going to be a tough job, because they will burn deeper (with the laser) than usual, the risk that complications occur is pretty high and because all this is so invasive, which will also be the reason, why I'd have to stay in hospital for 4 weeks then.

The doctor can for sure not show me before and after pics, because he already told me, that they've used the laser rarely to do such, so I AM going to be the case, that they will show others before and after pics from ;) (...if everything goes well, I guess :D ) I was looking for a doctor (or somebody) who is at least willing to try to treat those fu... scars - everybody rejected, "too risky". This doctor I was actually only visting to get some other prescription, then he himself, without me asking him, told me the lasser stuff.

I am confused, because two professors and a doctor from the hospital in Heidelberg (Germany) told me, that I'd have to live with those scars (they charged me around 500$ just for saying that to me :( ), this was in 2007. For me it's hard to believe, that so much has changed within the past 4 years, that the prognosis can change from "you've to live with it" to 100% regeneration.

But he explained it in the way, that new knowledgement about lasers, and how invasive you can use them, and about the body's own stem cell proliferation, has been achieved - so "it can be done". I said, then DO IT!

Sorry for the misunderstanding - I have two hypertrophic scars on my cheeks, but they are not small. So on your scale I am something between 6-9. Not because my whole faceskin is affected, it's because those two scars are pretty severe. (They result out of falsly treated (acne) inflammations.) That, and that I am suffering really a lot under this, is probably the reason, why he is looking forward to do this laser treatment. He said, it's going to be a tough job, because they will burn deeper (with the laser) than usual, the risk that complications occur is pretty high and because all this is so invasive, which will also be the reason, why I'd have to stay in hospital for 4 weeks then.

The doctor can for sure not show me before and after pics, because he already told me, that they've used the laser rarely to do such, so I AM going to be the case, that they will show others before and after pics from ;) (...if everything goes well, I guess :D ) I was looking for a doctor (or somebody) who is at least willing to try to treat those fu... scars - everybody rejected, "too risky". This doctor I was actually only visting to get some other prescription, then he himself, without me asking him, told me the lasser stuff.

I am confused, because two professors and a doctor from the hospital in Heidelberg (Germany) told me, that I'd have to live with those scars (they charged me around 500$ just for saying that to me :( ), this was in 2007. For me it's hard to believe, that so much has changed within the past 4 years, that the prognosis can change from "you've to live with it" to 100% regeneration.

But he explained it in the way, that new knowledgement about lasers, and how invasive you can use them, and about the body's own stem cell proliferation, has been achieved - so "it can be done". I said, then DO IT!

Well listen man this sounds amazing. Who gives a shit about the pain and the how long you'd have to wait in the hospital. But what is the cost? It sucks though you have to weight till the end of 2012 --maybe even a few more procedures will be refined by then, so once you're ready I'd definitely explore all the options again.

If you have a camera on your computer, would it be possible to show us a small portion of your scarred area --it doesn't have to reveal your face. Your profile face is so small is so small I would never recognize you in life or in another picture, but you could just close-up on the scarred area, I'm interested to know exactly what we're dealing with.

Honestly, if your doctor is aiming for those kinds of results I would certainly consider getting this work done in germany(better start saving up now!). Have you asked him at all about the costs?

thanks Dagobert.

post-154242-1310751489_thumb.jpg

Hi so the above dagobart and others is an example of my acne scarring, as you can see some pretty deep boxcar, rolling scars and i have a number of icepick scars around the temples. I no longer get acne, so the slight discoloration you see is permanent. the skin is warped in places with various rolling scars.

Now watch, i change the lighting to produce a slightly more flat even lighting, NO other manipulation --even the angle is mostly the same and VOILA! no scarring can be seen! This is through a slight change in the direction of light. My lighting change may be obvious due to the reflection, but with even the most basic camera lighting you can choose a soft light and take the same picture again and it will make the scars go away or minimize them. It's like in fat transfer for cheekimplant augmentation, they always have the patient smile ever so slightly in the after picture ---OF COURSE THAT'S GOING TO MAKE THE CHEEKBONES LOOK HIGHER!! THEY THINK WE ARE COMPLETE MORONS. And all of these guys should be sued for false advertizing. Anyways there is NO laser in any mainstream practice that can fix my type of scarring to date that has been proven. Dagobert is a pioneer and I pray his results turn out well, but as of now. There is nothing.

Notice that in both pictures I am showing you the exact same pictures and surface area, I've only angled my head slightly to catch the soft window light. But if I had cropped the photograph differently and provided a blank background like ALL the pro before and after photos, you would not be able to see this either.

post-154242-1310751767_thumb.jpg

post-154242-1310751489_thumb.jpg

post-154242-1310751767_thumb.jpg

post-146549-1310754248_thumb.jpg

post-146549-1310754371_thumb.jpg

First I didn't want to do it, but here're the pictures. What you can see, is the result of a falsly treated acne (Isotretinoin was required, but not given), diagnosed as an (standard) acne vulgaris. (Left side picture also features a nice earplug in pink, because I was interrupting the nap I started taking before and I like total silence while doing that :D)

It initiated around christmas 2005 over night, with two inflammations, one on my right cheek, one one my left. You can see the incisions, done in spring 2006 by the same doctor treating me now again, at the orginial (where it started) spots. I had had acne vulgaris before, but not anymore after 2002, at least that's what I thought. But - obviously falsly treated (I didn't receive Isotretinoin back then) - after the incisions we're made and they gave me Isotretinoin and Cortison (in high doses) it progressed, resulting in permanent - weird! - scarring on the lower parts of my cheeks. Below those scars I believe there are interconnecting tunnels and so on (typical conglobata remains). This encourages ongoing inflammations.

No - I didn't ask him about the costs. Also I won't do it soon, because I don't want him to get the impression, that this is important to me. (Explanation: In Germany - usually - you get the treatment first, then they send you the bill. ... Also it cannot be thaaaat expensive (except probably the 4 week stay in hospital), but anyways I don't care about it - I'm suffering a lot under this, so I am going to fill his whole office with money, if that's required; whatever it costs, I will gladly pay it.

I don't care if you'd recognize me on the street; I mean, I know what you mean, when saying this, but I am not the type of person hiding, neither do I believe myself to be unattractive. And - thanks to Isotretinoin - it already looks a lot better now. So, no problem for me to publish pictures, but don't let it become too many, because I am already boycotting Facebook and all that crap.

post-146549-1310754248_thumb.jpg

post-146549-1310754371_thumb.jpg

yes, you also have some boxcar and rolling scars, but the advantage is they're not on the upper cheeks but closer to the lower near the jawline where no one will see. So even if it doesn't heal you will be fine once the accutane course is finished. It really is a cure for acne. Acne scarring, that's another case. Let's hope this new experimental treatment works! If you come across anything that you see can cure my type of scarring (or at least minimize it greatly) please do let me know!

yes, you also have some boxcar and rolling scars, but the advantage is they're not on the upper cheeks but closer to the lower near the jawline where no one will see. So even if it doesn't heal you will be fine once the accutane course is finished. It really is a cure for acne. Acne scarring, that's another case. Let's hope this new experimental treatment works! If you come across anything that you see can cure my type of scarring (or at least minimize it greatly) please do let me know!

Subcision - that could give you improvement for sure. Even another topical Isotretinoin therapy could do the job. But, anyways, if they can "remove" my scars here (in Germany), then they can help almost all of the users here (in this forum), so can doctors in the US. If they give me improvement, then I could tell you, who my doctor is (german professor, but on his wall I saw somekind of Harvard diploma, so I guess he must speak English pretty well, and I know, from looking him up on the internet and so on, that he is attending congresses etc. in the US frequently), and then your doctor could talk to him - because I don't think that anybody would've to travel to germany just to receive such treatment, especially not if you're living in the US.

Finally, just to make it clear, after the Isotretinoin therapy I won't be "fine", because it's much likely not going to remove my hypertrophic scars, scarring, interconnecting tunnels, whatever - I mean, how could it. But hopefully the laser treatment and the following regenerative process will do that.